Recent Topics

Ads

KOTBS vs Chosen - My experience in both

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
pitolomeu123
Banned

KOTBS vs Chosen - My experience in both

Post#1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:55 pm

Hey, guys!

I have a KOTBS 80+ and a Chosen 75+ and would like to share my experience with both within RoR.

First, for everyone to understand I am not demanding changes, I just want to have a private experience.

The focus will be basically on 3 defensive skills and 2 tactics.

KOTBS - Vigilance
Perceverance
Sun's Blessing

Chosen- Oppression
Flawless Armor

When I'm playing defensive build on both tanks I believe that KOTBS has a favorable gameplay.

Perceverance (CD 30Sec) / Oppression (CD 20Sec)

While I don't need to be inside a zerg or wait for a Block or Parry to increase my armor (Perceverance) with my KOYBS, in Chosen I need to be in full combat and wait for him to defend a blow to raise my armor (Oppression). Will you say that the advantage of the chosen one is that this skill has damage beyond the buff?

No matter the advantage of doing damage with Opression, that damage is totally expendable.

Vigilance (CD 30Sec)
When I have my KOTBS and I need to defend my group by entering the middle of the zerg, I have the best ability that a tank wants, Vigilance: Decrease 50% of all damage I receive, oh, but now I need a shield to use it ... without requiring parry or blocking? Will you say that this skill has a disadvantage in decreasing the damage that KOTBS will do?

The fact that you lose 25% of the damage with Vigilance is another unnecessary penalty, when you are shielded you will not worry about case a considerable damage, but to endure the maximum possible damage. This buff is surreal and you who play KOTBS know how much it helps.

Sun's Blessing
I feel very comfortable with my KOTBS when I read that the Sun's Blessing tactic reduces the Perceverance CD by 50%, from 30sec to 15sec.

Flawless Armor
Perhaps this is the tactic that serves as a comparative excuse with Vigilance. The problem is that it is very easy to reduce the critical chance by other means with tank.

The fact is that KOTBS has two Buffs infinitely more polished and effective than Chosen and even if you tell me the old story of imperfect mirrors the truth is that when it comes to orgasm it makes a lot of difference in pleasure.

Did you notice that I inform the skills CD right? Obviously you will think that the chosen one has a smaller CD, but KOTS will have a 5sec advantage when using the Sun's Blessing tactic.

Well, I'm not an expert, you can show me other tactics, skills that can help to blur my text but as I said at the beginning, this is all an experience within the game, where things really happen.

We could talk more about other skills I had experience but today I thought I'd talk about those who change my game the most.

Ads
Sponn
Suspended

Re: KOTBS vs Chosen - My experience in both

Post#2 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:43 pm

pitolomeu123 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:55 pm

The focus will be basically on 3 defensive skills and 2 tactics.

IMO you gotta look at the classes as a whole. Pretty sure the devs said they didn't want mirror classes so things aren't balanced 1 for 1.

You could make a lot of disingenuous arguments just comparing 3 defensive skills and 2 tactics between any "mirrors".

Also perseverance is almost a waste of a GCD in some cases. It doesn't stack with anything and most Tanks are running armor pots so. Plus you aren't really hurting for AP in most cases, especially as SNB.

orillah
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:55 pm

WoW i mean no offence but thats at best from perspective of always solo player, because if its not... Why would you solo run as a full deftard?

You have no room for Sun's Blessing if you play in a group, that pretty mush a solo tactic main and its shining days are pretty much gone with reflect damage nerfs.

Preserverance to buff armor? I mean you know its doesnt stack with potions right? Its at best buff your armor for ~ 300,if you stick with cheap potions.

Flawless armor is a very good tactic i have no idea why you think -10% chance to be crit is meh.

Vigilance is hand down the best skill in knight masteries trees, especialy between 13 points ones.

You have 75% parry and 30+ block at least as chosen? if youre properly guarding it absolutely no problem to use opression. Yes it kinda feel worse than Vigi from deftard perspective, but it was very potent for solo 2h chosens before.

You can use Siphoned energy on chosen its alot fun sometimes.

Lets not forget that Chosen is noticably better 2h specs.

But rn both SnB buidls is in a nice spot.

Its nice when you cherry picking 1-3 abilities and judge classes based on that. Shame to see it from someone who spend so much time nearly grinding 2 chars to 80s :/

Alucard2010

Post#4 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:30 pm

pitolomeu123 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:55 pm I have a KOTBS 80+ ...(some other stuff here) ... I believe that KOTBS has a favorable gameplay.

Perceverance (CD 30Sec)

While I don't need to be inside a zerg or wait for a Block or Parry to increase my armor (Perceverance) ...

Sun's Blessing
I feel very comfortable with my KOTBS when I read that the Sun's Blessing tactic reduces the Perceverance CD by 50%, from 30sec to 15sec.
OK Sooo- you ranked a KOTBS to 80 and you haven’t realized as others have pointed out that Perseverance doesn’t stack with Armor pots...so much so that you waste a critical tactic slot that should be used for focused mending, banish darkness, dirty tricks/overpowering swing, and slice through/coordination???

Vigilance is a strong skill to your point, just not sure S&B knights needed it to near the same degree as 2h utility def spec Knights did.

Fey

Post#5 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:15 am

To the OP, expect to get trolled and/or mocked on the forums. That's at least half of what goes on here.

Vigilance is easily the best ability in the game, basically tank detaunt. Oppression is a sad joke in comparison. The forum tears here are especially hilarious. For years the undisputed best class in the game, now ruined by balance changes.

The Kotbs tears are almost as nourishing as the IB whining.

Bottom line, Chosen does more dps, Knights are kings of mitigation. The classes will be fine once auras are toned down. The complaining is simply divine.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Rapzel

Post#6 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:14 am

Fey wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:15 am To the OP, expect to get trolled and/or mocked on the forums. That's at least half of what goes on here.

Vigilance is easily the best ability in the game, basically tank detaunt. Oppression is a sad joke in comparison. The forum tears here are especially hilarious. For years the undisputed best class in the game, now ruined by balance changes.

Bottom line, Chosen does more dps, Knights are kings of mitigation. The classes will be fine once auras are toned down. The complaining is simply divine.
More damage than what? I can go full offensive and I still can't compete with any of the other tanks in the game on chosen even with BiS for "DPS", yea you outdps zealot, KotBS and maybe RP in single target, but that's it. Chosen is a buff/debuff and punt bot.
orillah wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:55 pm WoW i mean no offence but thats at best from perspective of always solo player, because if its not... Why would you solo run as a full deftard?

You have no room for Sun's Blessing if you play in a group, that pretty mush a solo tactic main and its shining days are pretty much gone with reflect damage nerfs.

Preserverance to buff armor? I mean you know its doesnt stack with potions right? Its at best buff your armor for ~ 300,if you stick with cheap potions.

Flawless armor is a very good tactic i have no idea why you think -10% chance to be crit is meh.

Vigilance is hand down the best skill in knight masteries trees, especialy between 13 points ones.

You have 75% parry and 30+ block at least as chosen? if youre properly guarding it absolutely no problem to use opression. Yes it kinda feel worse than Vigi from deftard perspective, but it was very potent for solo 2h chosens before.

Its nice when you cherry picking 1-3 abilities and judge classes based on that. Shame to see it from someone who spend so much time nearly grinding 2 chars to 80s :/
Crit reduction doesn't affect guard damage, so what flawless armor does is it allows you to invest RR into other things than FS, there's two DPS where parry works. Chosen has NO block increaser which works against everything, block is rolled BEFORE parry making it a DR, the higher block the less value parry has, and with the incredible smart change with not being able to parry guard damage that's labeled as ranged GL HF keeping oppression up because of your amazing parry (garbage mitigation for SnB tanks on destro atm tbh), not that the mitigation works against guard damage anyway.
So we've learned that chosen is a quite tanky career, with auras, DPS wise who cares for SnB but I'll admit they do more dmg with 2h than a KotBS.
KotBS adds all utility you need, except a reliable armor debuff, best tanky tank in the game, sure chosen got a small change where they got better group utility but KotBS still is better when it comes to util, KotBS also tankier with block and parry buff compared to 2 parry buffs, KotBS also have access to better morals such as solar flare and a M3 to help with drops.
Only advantages a SnB chosen has over a KotBS is 1. Wounds debuff, 2. Inc healing aura and 3. Morale self pump.

1. Other careers have access to wounds debuffs so unsure if the aoe one is that great, but it's there at least.
2. Doesn't stack with other healdebuffs so it's quite useless in any of the more competitive setups where you have designated debuffers and people know how to assist.
3. For what? You hit M2 every min anyway and M4 isn't that great compared to M2. (Yes 50% dmg reduction to a slayer/bw blob rotated is better than the shitty M4 that affects one group).

Pure "nerf GTDC brains" trying to defend KotBS.

Sponn
Suspended

Post#7 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Rapzel wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:14 am
Fey wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:15 am To the OP, expect to get trolled and/or mocked on the forums. That's at least half of what goes on here.

More damage than what? I can go full offensive and I still can't compete with any of the other tanks in the game on chosen even with BiS for "DPS", yea you outdps zealot, KotBS and maybe RP in single target, but that's it. Chosen is a buff/debuff and punt bot.
orillah wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:55 pm WoW i mean no offence but thats at best from perspective of always solo player, because if its not... Why would you solo run as a full deftard?

Crit reduction doesn't affect guard damage, so what flawless armor does is it allows you to invest RR into other things than FS, there's two DPS where parry works. Chosen has NO block increaser which works against everything, block is rolled BEFORE parry making it a DR, the higher block the less value parry has, and with the incredible smart change with not being able to parry guard damage that's labeled as ranged GL HF keeping oppression up because of your amazing parry (garbage mitigation for SnB tanks on destro atm tbh), not that the mitigation works against guard damage anyway.
So we've learned that chosen is a quite tanky career, with auras, DPS wise who cares for SnB but I'll admit they do more dmg with 2h than a KotBS.
KotBS adds all utility you need, except a reliable armor debuff, best tanky tank in the game, sure chosen got a small change where they got better group utility but KotBS still is better when it comes to util, KotBS also tankier with block and parry buff compared to 2 parry buffs, KotBS also have access to better morals such as solar flare and a M3 to help with drops.
Only advantages a SnB chosen has over a KotBS is 1. Wounds debuff, 2. Inc healing aura and 3. Morale self pump.

1. Other careers have access to wounds debuffs so unsure if the aoe one is that great, but it's there at least.
2. Doesn't stack with other healdebuffs so it's quite useless in any of the more competitive setups where you have designated debuffers and people know how to assist.
3. For what? You hit M2 every min anyway and M4 isn't that great compared to M2. (Yes 50% dmg reduction to a slayer/bw blob rotated is better than the shitty M4 that affects one group).

Pure "nerf GTDC brains" trying to defend KotBS.
Lets just mirror the classes then, I'm sure every chosen out there running 2h tank would be very appreciative.

/s

junkxjunk

Post#8 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Dude, there are people out there who play tanks to support their group. Yes 2h yolo chosens exist , but I'd trade the 150 ish dps we have more for kotbs utility and morales every day.

Ads
sharpblader

Post#9 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:11 am

Chosens dream of the utility and mitigation of the Knight

Knights dream of the damage and avoidance of the Chosen

Sofong

Post#10 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:17 am

this forum is full of order-only nonsense.