Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer: 'Deathblow' Ability

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
tomolyons

Slayer: 'Deathblow' Ability

Post#1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:09 pm

Hi all.

I have a suggesting regarding the 'deathblow' ability used by the slayer.

As it stands, it currently requires 2 hands which is great. But, the ability itself seems pretty lackluster. The only thing it has is a bit more damage than the other exhaustive blows.

'Deathblow' in table top for slayers is a unique trait which upon a slayers death you're granted 1 attack.

My suggestion is simply this: The ability should only be useable below a certain percentage of health (20%)? And has a 50% crit chance.

I think this would truly make the slayer class just that little bit more unique in that you want to die and you're dangerous near death. It also gives the Giant Slayer tree a bit more viable too.

Thoughts?

Ads
Foltestik

Re: Slayer: 'Deathblow' Ability

Post#2 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:22 pm

it will be usless ... slayer have 100% HP or are dead not much between .)

oaliaen

Post#3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:53 pm

And the 'lag' that abilitys have .. it would be a real "Death Blow".

Edenwolf

Post#4 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:16 pm

As it stands now there is nothing "deathblow" about deathblow, it's just higher base damage precarious assault. It's pretty clear that it's a finisher and should be, at least, more in line with WP and WL. An almost guaranteed crit chance when target is below 50% health.
Bigfugginaxe SL ~ Blueshift MA ~ Healzealot ZL ~ Stalhrinn IB ~ Tarielle SW ~ Damngurl WE ~ Jediknight SM ~ Windsong AM

Whyumadbro

Post#5 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:14 pm

Bump

StrongUn

Post#6 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:29 pm

Slayers could also get a skill to ignore parry/block so deathblow will be stronger

oh wait.... :o

kmark101

Post#7 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:23 pm

It should make 5,000 unmitigable damage and kill the slayer instantly (or do 5k damage to himself). Now that would a true Deathblow.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Whyumadbro

Post#8 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:46 pm

The Deathblow abilty should be at least a little stronger and not just a stronger assault, but who plays 2h anyway outside of pve?

Ads
Bowldancer

Post#9 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:30 pm

StrongUn wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:29 pm Slayers could also get a skill to ignore parry/block so deathblow will be stronger

oh wait.... :o
2H Slayer (and Choppa) are such a threat on the battlefield ...
Whyumadbro wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:46 pm but who plays 2h anyway outside of pve?
I play it exclusively - but yeah it is a subpar spec. I just love the animations.
I also wish Deathblow would be an execution like 'Fell the weak' or like "Cull The Weak/Hammer of Sigmar''.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Whyumadbro

Post#10 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:42 pm

the 2h slayer sacrifices to much dmg to do less dmg and take more dmg, its feels rlly unplayable in a warband or a city, just that u need so much heal....bw is also a glass cannon but at least with a little bit of specc diversity. While trollslayer and giantslayer just feels way to weak to be good or at least a alternative....death blow is not the only abilty that feels weak