Recent Topics

Ads

[Sugesstion] Event-Items

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Aluviya

[Sugesstion] Event-Items

Post#1 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:19 pm

Hello Community,

having alternative characters to your main character has become somewhat a normality for me (and for the most people who practically achieved everything on a single class and want to discover new classes). Everytime there are big events ,such as the recent Halloween event, I feel like the "grinding" starts again: Trying to get essential items like the "mirror to chaoswastes" which will probably not be available for a long time (similar to the teleportation scroll from Skaventide or the keg from Kegsend) I have to spend hours and hours to achieve what I already unlocked on another character(s). Especially in the recent event I probably did over 50+ CW Boss runs to get 5 Mirrors on my characters. It makes me sad that events are so grindy for people who are actually only enjoying the available content with different characters. While I totally agree with making event items achieveable only for a limited time, - I personally would like to suggest that event items of bigger events should be account bound so you can work for them - on whatever character you wish to do. There is already the menu for account bound items in Warhammer - maybe event items could be included into this section. This would probably make it overall easier to achieve items from events but there is always the option to make adjustments to the event missions to balance that. So that the estimated time to complete an event should be not different if you did it on one main character you prefer to play or on several alternative characters.
love to hear your opinion
Aluviya

Ads
Aston

Re: [Sugesstion] Event-Items

Post#2 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:40 pm

would be nice
Germes WL - Paulaner Slayer - Miramax Mara - Mesger Choppa

Elenori

Post#3 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:51 pm

I completely support being able to move the (event's) public quest rewards between characters.

But concerning the event itself I'm going to suggest something even more radical: every event should affect your whole account (or even all accounts from that address - I know there is a system to check that for the purpose of preventing cheating) so the rewards are made available on all characters. For example, if the anniversary event offers a unique cloak, then completing it once lets you take one in the library for any of your current or future characters. If possible, you should be able to complete parts of event tasks as different characters.

That's the sane way of doing events that other games use and much more respectful of a person's time.
Last edited by Elenori on Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A thing of beauty, I know, will never fade away...

convexte

Post#4 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:54 pm

Im ok with personal influence items for events, but things like mirror should be shareable for everyone.
BW87 Roytze
KotBS 83 Eilert
WP 85 Edelhardt
WH 83 Rayhorst

Magus 80 Dreadtech
Sorc 81 Roytzen
BG 80 Morventh

Xergon

Post#5 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:16 am

Just wait for next year...

so from what i see, they (devs) do repeat events in year cicle (Halloween for example or egg hunt) so i expect those events repeating in next year so u can grab them on different toons later i guess...

ofc, making stuff account shareable would be great to see, although, from my experience, the way they design stuff and the way they want stuff to be obtained, its highly unlikely to see...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Aluviya

Post#6 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:38 am

Sorry for my bad english beforehand. I still don't wanna give up on this Idea and would love to hear more opinions. I might be mistaken - but personally I feel that many people have not just one character that they play and during events playing this game becomes so grindy (more than it should be). I was wondering if its possible to make event related items, for example the Mirror to Chaoswastes or Last Call Keg account bound available over Account Entitlements or via a Bibliothecary Vendor.
Just to give you an impression: I had to participate on the CW-Boss last event probably over 50+ Times to get mirrors for my destruction chars - while on order I failed to get it on all of my chars as order was struggling building warbands in that event - which btw. is generally a problem in events as in specific time timezones you have always the situation of having one side overpopulating and camping event related pve. Also there is this factor that especially event related items - which you don't wanna just delete because they have for example special skin or are timelimited available, your bankvault gets completely overflooded by tokens and items along with the armor sets you might wanna keep as you'd have to regrind them. Do you think this is a bad idea? Shouldn't events be enjoyable for people too who have alternative characters they love to play not just a single one?
To me it feels like the current system, RR-wise, Zone-Contributionwise, Itemwise only treasuring people playing one character. And forgetting that the player behind the scenes is still spending time into this game - on one or several chars. But isn't it legitimate to play several characters? Especially in Guild gameplay you can't just stick onto one character to maintain social gameplay as you will always have several roles in a guild - the ones never changing their characters and the ones trying to fit into a groupplay. And it feels somewhat wrong to me that only people get the recognition if they stick onto one character (no offense here) and achieve insanely high RR - while others who spent probably as much time into this game are "shamed" for playing several characters and not having the same recognition to their time spent into the game.
It's actually people like me making it possible for most guilds to have actually something like a "standing party" - as you would otherwise always fail to build a group missing specific roles. And also people like me having to give up hours of contribution to a zone because a guildmate or friend logged in and there is a specific role needed to fill in. I wish there were more account bound systems for event items - for specific achievements. Ultimately having several characters is part of the gameplay of this game - and so the gamemechanic needs to adress this situation accordingly.

nuadarstark

Post#7 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:58 am

I would kinda like the WW event ones to be account-wide. If you have many alts, you spend the whole weekend farming those to have the optimal setup and literally not doing anything else. It's tedious as hell.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

anarchypark

Post#8 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:06 pm

do you think there's enough tank and healer mains to carry tons of dps ?
a lot of dps will be left alone without tank/heal.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
nuadarstark

Post#9 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:50 am

anarchypark wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:06 pm do you think there's enough tank and healer mains to carry tons of dps ?
a lot of dps will be left alone without tank/heal.
Yeah, sadly this is most likely right. There is not enough dedicated support players on the server.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

gebajger

Post#10 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:29 pm

I don't mind the event slot item being character bound, it makes sense... but it would be nice if the crafting stuff (vials and boxes) were account bound.
Rioz