Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
catholicism198

Re: [Sorc] Suggestions

Post#51 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:45 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:37 pm
catholicism198 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:32 pm I was going to do some math here to try to argue why i disagree with you, not entirely, but quite a bit.

Then i remembered that no one cares but us and changes are not community based, so i won't.

:D
Yeah, this isn't true. We regularly use community feedback to inform balance changes. The dissonance that you're feeling is that we don't blanket implement community suggestions based on subjective popularity. The ongoing discussions about rSH changes specifically have the proposals from the balance forum included. Discussions like this aren't tracked as closely, but if you gather up a solid proposal and post it here, it's very likely to be considered when we come around to reviewing either changes to Sorc or M4's in general.
You quoted the wrong person.
That was all Brizio.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#52 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:46 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:45 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:37 pm
catholicism198 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:32 pm I was going to do some math here to try to argue why i disagree with you, not entirely, but quite a bit.

Then i remembered that no one cares but us and changes are not community based, so i won't.

:D
Yeah, this isn't true. We regularly use community feedback to inform balance changes. The dissonance that you're feeling is that we don't blanket implement community suggestions based on subjective popularity. The ongoing discussions about rSH changes specifically have the proposals from the balance forum included. Discussions like this aren't tracked as closely, but if you gather up a solid proposal and post it here, it's very likely to be considered when we come around to reviewing either changes to Sorc or M4's in general.
You quoted the wrong person.
That was all Brizio.
Well then :D
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

catholicism198

Post#53 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:41 pm

Besides, I know there are far more important things like:
Fixing, updating, improving orvr. I'm looking at you 3 minute oil timer and stagnant campaigns.
Fixing forts
Fixing the city match making system
etc.

I also believe I've written a post suggesting rational morale changes. Might of been it's own thread or buried in another thread. Who knows.

Arthem

Post#54 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:55 am

dwyur wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:54 pm
Arthem wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:20 pm Just gear your sorc up and play it more, no need for changes. The one you asked for would be a nerf btw. You just need more experience.
How is changing a tactic to include one additional spell a nerf?

And no need to reply to me, there are players 'with more experience' here that are discussing changes.
How is it a nerf you asked? "Having SoD include Ice Spikes, with a maybe lesser resistance" << You said this no? You are clueless about Sorc. Time to learn how to play and gear up. I gave you great advice.

Sofong

Post#55 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:16 am

hands of ruins should have snare effect like withering heat, bw not only better ataoe and bombing but it is unfair that bw have great kiting tool and sorc have none.

teiloh

Post#56 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:55 pm

Sorcs are vastly superior to BW in coordinated/group/zerg play.

Spirit debuff is full debuffed by Magus using a spammable AOE damage ability. There are no -3xx elemental debuffs on Order ever since resist auras and SM debuff got nerfed.

For Corp, Zealots have a stackable -Corp debuff with Corrosive.

In groups, BW "advantages" such as stun and heal debuff are mostly a joke.

This means Sorcs will do 20-30% more DPS with the same spells. Sorc AOE also has Shadow Knives for burst and GON for procs and sustain.

BW's only saving grace is probably Flashfire/Lingering Fires/Wildfire and Burning Head if they spec in the other direction. But Sorcs have their own top-notch tactics.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#57 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:27 pm

shadow knives/ice spikes/surging pain are corporeal dmg (not sure if more aoe spells too), so not all dmg is spirit...
GON => 2 secs cast/80 ft and aplied to 1 target (too easy cleansable) => is a **** joke

and still:
1-You need a magus to debuff spirit
2-Taget resistances need to be low enough to go under cap after debuff
3-Need that any of the thousand grp cleanse remove that debuff

something more? maybe some virgin´s blood

sgtnanners

Post#58 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:43 am

teiloh wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:55 pm Sorcs are vastly superior to BW in coordinated/group/zerg play.
my sides
84 Sorc
82 Squig Herder
7x Shaman
7x Ironbreaker

Ads
Darks63

Post#59 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:19 am

emiliorv wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:27 pm shadow knives/ice spikes/surging pain are corporeal dmg (not sure if more aoe spells too), so not all dmg is spirit...
GON => 2 secs cast/80 ft and aplied to 1 target (too easy cleansable) => is a **** joke

and still:
1-You need a magus to debuff spirit
2-Taget resistances need to be low enough to go under cap after debuff
3-Need that any of the thousand grp cleanse remove that debuff

something more? maybe some virgin´s blood
Dont forget that SK needing a target hurts it as well. If the target dies, ranges, or LoS you lose the rest of the channel.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

iceydealer

Post#60 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:43 am

teiloh wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:55 pm Sorcs are vastly superior to BW in coordinated/group/zerg play.

Spirit debuff is full debuffed by Magus using a spammable AOE damage ability. There are no -3xx elemental debuffs on Order ever since resist auras and SM debuff got nerfed.

For Corp, Zealots have a stackable -Corp debuff with Corrosive.

In groups, BW "advantages" such as stun and heal debuff are mostly a joke.

This means Sorcs will do 20-30% more DPS with the same spells. Sorc AOE also has Shadow Knives for burst and GON for procs and sustain.

BW's only saving grace is probably Flashfire/Lingering Fires/Wildfire and Burning Head if they spec in the other direction. But Sorcs have their own top-notch tactics.

This has to be an ironic post... I can't believe somebody managed to say something that actually got me to post.

You are telling me that you unironically believe "Sorcs are vastly superior" while also believing "Sorc AOE also has Shadow Knives for burst and GON for procs and sustain;" you really cannot be expecting people to take you seriously.