Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Atropik

Re: [Sorc] Suggestions

Post#11 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:53 am

Jabba wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:50 am Sorc 100% has a better 'full' burst rotation in single target than BW.
May I ask for clarification of this statement?
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
Jabba

Post#12 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:57 am

Atropik wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:53 am
Jabba wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:50 am Sorc 100% has a better 'full' burst rotation in single target than BW.
May I ask for clarification of this statement?
Swell of Gloom and damage all falling under the same debuff type.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Atropik

Post#13 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:59 am

Jabba wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:57 am Swell of Gloom and damage all falling under the same debuff type.
FBB instantly hits twice harder thn all these things combined
Nicelook | Obey

Jabba

Post#14 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:06 am

Atropik wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:59 am
Jabba wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:57 am Swell of Gloom and damage all falling under the same debuff type.
FBB instantly hits twice harder thn all these things combined
Show a screenshot of it instantly hitting twice? If it's like GTDC was, then it's clearly bugged/unintended.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Atropik

Post#15 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:09 am

Pardon my english, i was going to say it hits twice harder not twice at the same time.
Nicelook | Obey

Naelar

Post#16 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:29 am

But lets go back to Sorc/BW relations, dont get me wrong here, both classes rely on the same rotations here and the rotations are pretty much clear and equal, sorc has some benefit from kind of debuff it offers, BW simply has more abilities, but what is more important - BW has much more utility for himself:
- Pyroclastic has no 10 sec cd, and has disorient,
- WH offers instant snare component, it last for 3 secs only, but it still can be enough for breaking the distance,
- BW has Cauterize, which is realy nice tool, far better then the Obsession on sorc.
True. This is a huge difference between sorc and bw
- BW still has Heart of Fire m3, which is basically the Cleansing Wing that saved my ass so many times.
Already been stated that sorc morales suck compared to bw
- BW has something to do with his mastery points after lvl 36/40, i mean there are options - you can go for KD or FFB or you can mix KD with Burntrough after 70+full sov, as for sorc - there is no point fo progression after 36/40 besides gear at all, you can waste you mastery - nobody will feel the difference,
if specced correctly, you absolutely will feel the difference. stack those points in the aoe tree.
- Burn through which is ultimatively the best tactic both classes can ever dream aboud, god, id trade all the tactics i have on my sorc for simply have accessible Burn through to go.
Srsly?
- Funnel Power which is just a raw dmg bonus.
this is one of the things you should hang your hat on. not that Burnthrough bullshit.

What sorc brings over BW:
- Core disarm, which is mostly a panic button that never saved my life even being properly used, its weird cause being disarmed you still can run, use pot and detaunt,
umm... bw has the exact same thing. no difference here.
- Ress. self-buff, which is useless, cause logic answer for being focused by magi is Misdirection m1,
que?
- Sorc can warm up faster due Ice Spikes and IW meet no target requirements,
- There is a frontal core aoe nuke on sorc, yes, it is called Infernal Wave, in case you would like to bomb in 2020.
IW also has a much longer range than the BW ability, and with the right tactic, can double it.
- Nova/HoR share spiritual dmg, yeah, nice.
- You have to deal with WLs, from morning until dawn, they will blindly jump on you no matter the cost, good luck.

The gap between the two is there, yes. But it's not nearly as large as a lot of people make it out to be.

geezereur

Post#17 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:02 pm

Sorc disarm should be insta cast cause I cant even get it off when a white lion is on me.

Atropik

Post#18 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:08 pm

if specced correctly, you absolutely will feel the difference. stack those points in the aoe tree.
And grab what? Black horror? 33% radius increase fo IW, kind of joke?
Srsly?
Yep, together with flashfire (another thing sorc does not have) and CQ, provides you with undefendable, unlimited, instant Fireballs when under 20 ft from your target, try this out.
Mirror ability on BW, is called Burning Iron it works in a different way
que?
Whats wrong? Misdirection far better option to avoid pressure.
IW also has a much longer range than the BW ability, and with the right tactic, can double it.
It can have some benefit if you are participating in a large scale fights, but im a not, and certainly this is not a thing i would recommend or lvl up for.
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
Atropik

Post#19 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:11 pm

geezereur wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:02 pm Sorc disarm should be insta cast cause I cant even get it off when a white lion is on me.
In this case it doesnt even matter, cause WL can preload KD, silence or pull you away while being disarmed. Sorry xd
Nicelook | Obey

Naelar

Post#20 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:10 pm

Atropik wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:08 pm if specced correctly, you absolutely will feel the difference. stack those points in the aoe tree.
And grab what? Black horror? 33% radius increase fo IW, kind of joke?
yes. try it with triumphant blasting. Nothing like being able to knock the enemy back/off a cliff/off a keep/into lava from 80 ft away. Not to mention the fun of dropping an aoe and watching the enemy fly back like they're popcorn.
Srsly?
Yep, together with flashfire (another thing sorc does not have) and CQ, provides you with undefendable, unlimited, instant Fireballs when under 20 ft from your target, try this out.
mmmkay. sorc has the same CQ tactic...
Mirror ability on BW, is called Burning Iron it works in a different way
mmmkay
que?
Whats wrong? Misdirection far better option to avoid pressure.
It can have some benefit if you are participating in a large scale fights, but im a not, and certainly this is not a thing i would recommend or lvl up for.
Not talking about lvling up. Not sure where you got that....
Look, no one is trying to argue that sorc aoe is better than bw. I'm just saying that the difference isn't nearly as large as you and a lot of others think it is.