Recent Topics

Ads

Mighty soul alternatives? Chosen and Kotbs imblance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
havartii

Re: Mighty soul alternatives? Chosen and Kotbs imblance

Post#11 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:16 pm

@gamesbond, when no one is left to play your game, only then will the passionate players be truly silenced.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Brakh

Post#12 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:24 pm

I know that most of knights doesn't care but for me, I loved to play small scale, even solo roams with my kotbs. MS removal just killed that way to play. Was it op? Was anyone complained about it? In one thread Wargrimnir confirmed that they do not have general development roadmap. Change for the sake of change?
Does devs are really such close and doesn't care for people who are supporting their project with their time? Do you see reception? Just revert that change.

CountTalabecland

Post#13 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:25 pm

Detangler wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:14 pm Welp, guess that settles it on whether I'll be back someday. Nothing like a sweeping change to a class with no rhyme or reason to completely gut my spec and choices for why i picked certain sov/warlord pieces to maximize certain stats and gimping others. GG devs, it was fun. 2h chosens had better options than DW for pumping out spirit damage, and i'm pretty sure i was the only moron sword and board DPS chosen runnin around with DW on this server, unless there's been a slew of new like-minded morons these past few months while i've been away.
There was no way for you to know and its not your fault but yeah, buying sov for anything other than main spec is risky business on this server. Especially for something like mighty soul/runefang which have been on the cutting block for some reason.

The only other safe bet is (probably) warlord WS bonuses.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

zulnam

Post#14 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:08 am

Same boat gear-wise. I just invested in 4 sov alt pieces on my knight since i enjoyed playing 2H with MS.

But that's neither here nor there. The main issue here is they took MS and gave very little in return. Basically one ability for elemental damage (i'm not even counting Heaven's Fury).

MS which was given to us as a base stat when Runefang was gutted.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

detrap

Post#15 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:45 am

havartii wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:16 pm @gamesbond, when no one is left to play your game, only then will the passionate players be truly silenced.
Everyone will leave because MS was removed? The game is better than ever thanks to the team.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

detrap

Post#16 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:50 am

Alucard2010 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:38 am No reason to play a 2h knight in this current state. Zero. In any capacity, in any setting. S&B will be your new role in all settings.

Pre-MS Nerf:
1v1 - Generally lost to anything range since no gap closers, WEs were even battles (esp. if they got to initiate), Chosen 50/50, BO/BGs I won most of these fights, and choppas were easy stomps. Couldn't kill any healer, not enough burst, period.

6v6 - Meme build in SCs, Viable in ranked if your team was applying good pressure and the aggressor, otherwise it was difficult to apply the trifecta of dps pressure, guard swap, and utility (punts/snares/challenges) simultaneously if you were on the back foot. Not to mention it made life hell on your healers due to the increased 15% inc dmg and no focused mending tactic.

Cities - This is where I enjoyed the build most and think it fit into the game the best providing a fun alternative to an otherwise stale aura bot class. It paired well in the ST focus group as you could provide meaningful pressure to armor/toughness stacked healers w/ your ST dps. Couldn't be a part of the main melee aoe blob as knight parry wasn't enough mitigation (it's much lower than chosen's) and you would melt to AOE.

Forts/Keeps - meh, we stand around like most other 2h tanks in these and are always sub-optimal to full S&B tanks for HTL/pushes

Post-MS Nerf:
1v1 - Range same thing - no gap closer, you will die. WEs should still end up about even since their mostly beating themselves to death on suns blessing. Lose to all other tanks due to high mitigation of physical and knights inability to get meaning str/WS stats (no daemonclaw, no oppressing swing w/ conversion of myrm fury to elemental), Probably still stomp choppas if taunting channeling heal from choppa correctly.

6v6 - SCs: S&B guard mitigation (block/parry) + Focused Mending + Dirty tricks > 2h 10% overpowering swings crit buff + 2h parry guard mitigation
Don't even bother queuing in ranked since you have to have some amount of tank pressure there, knights wont have that any longer, and S&B is pure garbage in ranked due to 20s punt timer (instead of 10s from 2h).

Cities - High stacking of Armor/Toughness on healers makes the ST group no longer viable for the Knight since you hit like a wet noodle w/ full physical dmg now and you're better off taking WW SM and IB to buff your dps. Also still can't run 2h knights in the aoe bomb groups as you're just flat out BETTER in S&B for mitigation + focused mending + dirty tricks (5% crit r for group).

Forts/Keeps - meh, we stand around like most other 2h tanks in these and are always sub-optimal to full S&B tanks for HTL/pushes

These changes took the for "Fun" build away from the knight to meme in SCs and have some other niche in cities besides S&B guard aura bot.

-Beernpretzels 84 KOTBS Full BIS 2H Knight
No reason? Wounds debuff (before a morale drop) with a crit debuff combined with parry debuff + toughness debuff + resis debuff + ap drain + up to 4 interruptibles + mega punt on tanks every 10 secs. Seriously.

detrap

Post#17 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:55 am

detrap wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:50 am
Alucard2010 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:38 am No reason to play a 2h knight in this current state. Zero. In any capacity, in any setting. S&B will be your new role in all settings.

Pre-MS Nerf:
1v1 - Generally lost to anything range since no gap closers, WEs were even battles (esp. if they got to initiate), Chosen 50/50, BO/BGs I won most of these fights, and choppas were easy stomps. Couldn't kill any healer, not enough burst, period.

6v6 - Meme build in SCs, Viable in ranked if your team was applying good pressure and the aggressor, otherwise it was difficult to apply the trifecta of dps pressure, guard swap, and utility (punts/snares/challenges) simultaneously if you were on the back foot. Not to mention it made life hell on your healers due to the increased 15% inc dmg and no focused mending tactic.

Cities - This is where I enjoyed the build most and think it fit into the game the best providing a fun alternative to an otherwise stale aura bot class. It paired well in the ST focus group as you could provide meaningful pressure to armor/toughness stacked healers w/ your ST dps. Couldn't be a part of the main melee aoe blob as knight parry wasn't enough mitigation (it's much lower than chosen's) and you would melt to AOE.

Post-MS Nerf:
1v1 - Range same thing - no gap closer, you will die. WEs should still end up about even since their mostly beating themselves to death on suns blessing. Lose to all other tanks due to high mitigation of physical and knights inability to get meaning str/WS stats (no daemonclaw, no oppressing swing w/ conversion of myrm fury to elemental), Probably still stomp choppas if taunting channeling heal from choppa correctly.

6v6 - SCs: S&B guard mitigation (block/parry) + Focused Mending + Dirty tricks > 2h 10% overpowering swings crit buff + 2h parry guard mitigation
Don't even bother queuing in ranked since you have to have some amount of tank pressure there, knights wont have that any longer, and S&B is pure garbage in ranked due to 20s punt timer (instead of 10s from 2h).

Cities - High stacking of Armor/Toughness on healers makes the ST group no longer viable for the Knight since you hit like a wet noodle w/ full physical dmg now and you're better off taking WW SM and IB to buff your dps. Also still can't run 2h knights in the aoe bomb groups as you're just flat out BETTER in S&B for mitigation + focused mending + dirty tricks (5% crit r for group).

These changes took the for "Fun" build away from the knight to meme in SCs and have some other niche in cities besides S&B guard aura bot.

-Beernpretzels 84 KOTBS Full BIS 2H Knight
No reason? Wounds debuff (before a morale drop) with a crit debuff enhanced with parry debuff + toughness debuff + resis debuff + ap drain + up to 4 interruptibles + mega punt on tanks every 10 secs. Seriously.

Jabba

Post#18 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:19 pm

Bring back mighty soul, it'll be a buff for destro. All these kobs can go back to playing loldps specs that do nothing useful rather than doing what kobs is actually good at.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
Charon

Post#19 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:26 pm

Jabba wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:19 pm Bring back mighty soul, it'll be a buff for destro. All these kobs can go back to playing loldps specs that do nothing useful rather than doing what kobs is actually good at.
and i want remind that old MS never was usefull tc in first place - if you want, better ask about old/reworked runefang but maybe locked in conquest tree as replacement to Efficient Swings lol tc. But ye ..i dont see much sense in buffing death horse anyway.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

badoglio

Post#20 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:51 pm

kotbs is a tank
equip a shield
help others
problem solved
close thread :geek: