Recent Topics

Ads

We need some Scenario balancing please

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
PlagueMonk

We need some Scenario balancing please

Post#1 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:40 pm

I'm sure this is beating a dead horse a bit because I can't imagine this has never been addressed before but I did some searching and didn't get any hits.......

Now I'm not talking about anything so grandiose as all equal classes or even premades against PUGS, all I am requesting is healers.

Groups quite literally live or die because of the healers. You don't go on a city raid or into a dungeon without a certain amount of healers in the group, you won't survive. So when one side has 4 healers and the other zero, the outcome is already predetermined (unless the healers don't heal of course)

I did quite a few scenarios this weekend on my WP and WL. I didn't have much of a problem when I was playing my WP because I was healing but when I played my WL I literally played 9 scenarios NINE with no healers on the order side. And I didn't even bother to count the number of times there was just 1 healer total. Destruction on the other hand always had 3-5 (this is among all parties). There wasn't a single time I saw 2 or less for Dest.

I can understand some imbalance but to not at least wait until there are a minimum of 2 healers pretty much hands the scenario over to Destruction uncontested which feels extremely biased. So it seems like Destruction is being given EZ street since they are gearing up 3-5x faster and quicker. Will this make queue times longer? Most likely but I would rather wait and be doing something else in game waiting than to be in a scenario where I'm routed to the starting gate for the duration and just be farmed.

Addendum:

I appreciate all the feedback and decided to add to the OP so it doesn't get lost......

While others have said there are worse groups than no healer, I would disagree. As I said previously, you have no chance of winning if you have no healing. So to that end I would propose 2 possible solutions:

1) Allow us to exchange medallions for emblems. Medallions come much slower than even emblems (unless you lose every SC) so maybe a 2E for 1M?. At least I can PvP in a more productive manner. I need the gear from the emblem merchant so please don't force me to do scenarios if I don't want to.

2) Under 2 healers, award the side with less healers 1 extra emblem per healer missing. So if there is only 1 healer (and the opposing side has 2+) then all of that side's players get +1 emblem. If the side in question has no healers, they would get +2. Again, this is ONLY if there are unequal numbers of healers so if both sides only have 1 healer then there would be no extra award. Nothing sucks worse than to waste 10 mins and get a single freakin' emblem as a participation award.

The only catch to this is, you HAVE to stay for the duration of the SC, surrendering or quitting will get you nothing.
Last edited by PlagueMonk on Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
adzcriz

Re: We need some Scenario balancing please

Post#2 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:56 pm

I get what your saying, it is frustrating, that said it is not a problem confined to the Order side trust me. i routinely get matches on destro where i am either the only healer when I am playing zealot, or 1 or none if i am playing my Mara.

There are further balances id prefer not just healers, like premades need to be looked at, on a like for like, premade on each team. spent the whole weekend being roflstomped by Order premades, well when i couldnt get a destro premade but was infuriating when i couldnt.
Cykosis - Zealot ~ Resident Psychotic Healer

havartii

Post#3 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:44 am

I think a big part of the challenge they face is player population, are you willing to sit in que's for extended periods to get your nice matched groups? What about when it is not primetime? And there is only a few hundred on the server? I think the devs are trying to keep the scenario's popping at a regular rate, and this sacrifices some of the balance of classes. Pick your poison. Or run a premade :shock:
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Akalukz

Post#4 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:55 am

it comes back to the issue that mythic created I assume. the queuer places side A premade into a match then fills the opponents with PUGS from side B (and the opposite). That's why both side pugs complain, but you never hear the premade complaining because 90% of the time they are stomping the foes. The answer currently from the dev team is A) make a group or B) pug scenario only.
-= Agony =-

BrutalWyrm

Post#5 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:27 am

happens on either side, what can you expect when you just pug SCs nonstop. try something else for a while or just grin and bear it because that's not an order/destro specific issue as much as you make it out to be. maybe try using LFG chat (channel 5 I believe?) to form a party for SCs to alleviate this issue you'e having. plenty of people more than happy to form balanced groups over getting rolled in a pug

Sofong

Post#6 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:11 am

pop already slow in non peak hours, if they make group balanced for pop, it will be alot slower.

marisco

Post#7 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:59 am

The grass is always greener on the other side.

I was pugging the event scenarios with my alts during weekend and it seems that everytime order had at least 5 WPs. :lol:

Seravajan

Post#8 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:23 am

But sometimes you can even have four healers on your side and get still stomped 26 to 500 by the other side. Because the healers are playing DPS. Or you can get killed near to a rezzer but either there is no rez coming or they rez you in a bunch of enemies giving them a free kill and points.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:45 am

The matchmaking system for normal SCs fill the 3 roles => at least 1 tank/ 1dps/ 1healer. If you got 0 healers in your SC means that the healer who queued didnt joined when the SC poped.

Seravajan

Post#10 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:07 am

emiliorv wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:45 am The matchmaking system for normal SCs fill the 3 roles => at least 1 tank/ 1dps/ 1healer. If you got 0 healers in your SC means that the healer who queued didnt joined when the SC poped.
Sometimes when a scenario starts there are only one to two players in a group. Can this means that some players did not join the scenario at all?