Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Balance Suggestion series - Survival, Self-heal/Absorb

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
mryay

[SW] Balance Suggestion series - Survival, Self-heal/Absorb

Post#1 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi community,

The following is part of a series of proposals for SW changes. Here is a balance change with the intent to fix the various inner problems of the SW. The overall strategy/approach/context are described at the beginning of this post: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=39743

The problem here is to address Shadow Warriors survival. SW is one of the only class that lacks self-heal or absorb, which is an obvious oversight.
It is simple you are obliged to invest A LOT on heal pots as if they were part of SW's core abilities :D.

If you take a closer look at the quatuor SW/SH & WL/Marauder

Shadow Warrior: Bload-soacked War (Tactic). Which works when you kill. Somewhat useful in PvE < 40, completely useless in RVR. To be reworked in my humble opinion.

Marauder:
- Gift of Monstrosity
- Tzeentch's Reversal (M3)
- Deadly Clutch (Tactic)
- Warped Flesh (only useful for lowbies)

SH:
- taste like chicken (skill, core)
- tactic "Da Smell don't bother me"
- taste like Stunties (Skill, path of the Bouncin)
- tactic Ere Squiggy

White Lion: Tactic "Furious Mending"

And I will not mention here BW and Engineers, both have healing abilities and/or tactics.

Rework Proposal:
- I propose to have change "Hunter's Fervor" in a way that totally fit the Character design:
- Hunter's Fervor in Assault Stance: Heal by 250 hp per sec during 9 sec to all party members. CD 60s -> this is equivalent of free T2 pot
- Hunter's Fervor in Skirmish Stance: Give +15 AP per sec during 9 sec to all party members. CD 60s -> +5 AP is really really sub-effective. In comparison 1 Eagle Eye is 40 AP
- Hunter's Fervor in Scout Stance: Gives +15 morale per sec during 9 sec to all party members. CD 60s -> because it is simply truly gives a significant incentive to bring a SW to your part compared to a BW, while increasing the depth of your own gameplay.

-Proposal number 2:
- Sinister Assault: Brutal Assault will now bypass all enemy's armor and Isha's will grant you a magical shield absorbing the damage for 50% of the damage dealt.

both are not mutually exclusive!

Let's discuss, Swizz.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Ads
Manatikik

Re: [SW] Balance Suggestion series - Survival, Self-heal/Absorb

Post#2 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Wow, what dumb ideas that address a problem that doesn’t exist.
<Montague><Capulet>

mryay

Post#3 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:14 pm

Manatikik wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:36 pm Wow, what dumb ideas that address a problem that doesn’t exist.
Again, you shine by your constructive feedback.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Arthem

Post#4 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:26 pm

Group heal for SW. Pog! Lets goooo.

StrongUn

Post#5 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:38 pm

Want self heal and absorb? play AM/Shaman then...

oaliaen

Post#6 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:36 pm

healing as dps class...new meta ?

Seravajan

Post#7 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:42 am

oaliaen wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:36 pm healing as dps class...new meta ?
There will be not much healing with a CD of 60 sec.

On my side, I would like more to see some more stuff being useable while moving. Imaging the nimble and agile ranged attacker.

Sofong

Post#8 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:51 am

ranged snare, aoe snare, self kb, ranged kd, double armor, are not enough to suvive? these guys are really funny.

Ads
BrutalWyrm

Post#9 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:29 am

yikes

Seravajan

Post#10 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:17 am

Sofong wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:51 am ranged snare, aoe snare, self kb, ranged kd, double armor, are not enough to suvive? these guys are really funny.
What is kd and kb? And what is double armor? Sorry. I still have to learn a lot.