Recent Topics

Ads

Healer advice

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Rhuiner

Healer advice

Post#1 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:05 pm

Hi guys,

I just started playing a few days ago and started with a magus. I really like him, but wanted to try a healer for RvR since I have always enjoyed buffing and healing in other games. So my question to you, is what healer seems to fit that bill best?

What healer (if any) AE heals and buffs/ debuffs best? Since I just stared, I don't really care which side it is on. I'm not great at twitchy play styles, so typically haven't been great at melee pvp.

thanks!

Ads
RathBrand

Re: Healer advice

Post#2 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Warrior Priest & Disciple of Kaine are both very strong group/aoe healers so are typically desirable for warbands. They are also pretty tanky for a healer and can be specced for DPS as well, although I think DoK is probably the stronger option for DPS with more offensive utility.

Rune Priest & Zealots are strong healers with very good single target heals. Also desirable for warbands. They both have a cool ability that allows them to ressurect themselves. This is good for sneaky rezzes when the enemy is focused elsewhere after wiping your group.

Archmage & Shaman are probably the weakest healers and you usually see them specced more for DPS or as off-healer. They both have a unique tactic that allows them to instantly ressurect allies which is good in certain situations. But the downside is that you are stunned for 3 seconds.

Rhuiner

Post#3 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:55 pm

Thank you for the input! It sounds like a Disciple might be good to try out!

RathBrand

Post#4 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:56 pm

I play WP / DoK so I'm probably biased LOL. But both are strong and desirable in high tier warbands right now, although we could certain use more Rune Priests and Zealots for their strong single target heals, buffs, and CC.

BelligerentBob

Post#5 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:49 pm

I've been playing a Zealot since late April and its my favorite character. Strong heals, decent mobility, lots of group utility, and most importantly, great aesthetics.

Healingwise, you have a high skill ceiling so if you don't have an immediate grasp for the class, don't be discouraged. It takes a bit of time to learn a good balance between hots, flash heals, and group heals. The best way to get better is to play, play, play.

As far as survivability goes, you're a robe caster but you have lots of tools to escape from pressure in the form of an additional "detaunt" and stagger. Your bread and butter heal is a 15 AP flash heal which you will be able to spam endlessly at higher career ranks once you've obtained mid-game gear.

In PVE you are a gawd. AoE Armor debuff + morale armor debuff stack so your group does even more damage. You also pump AP into your group!

Rune Priests are the mirrors of Zealots but have the slight edge in PvP because of a tactic placement. The only real downside is that you have to play a Dawi without any of their cool aesthetics.
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

StrongUn

Post#6 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:24 pm

Zealot best buffer / Healer on destro side

Rhuiner

Post#7 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:43 pm

I made a zealot yesterday evening since range seems like an easier way to get a grasp on things. At level 2 I tried an RvR as a guide suggested and was promptly suggested to pick another class, haha. I didn't, and got him leveled up to level 12/renown 16, I think.

Questions so far:

-(Scenarios) I struggle with healing, I think? I have to assume there is another way to see life for people aside from group mates which seem to continually be out of range/ distant. The advice from the player mentioned above was to just flash heal nonstop. That seems dull and a waste of everything else? Is there an addon or something sort of like WoW healbot or something I'm expected to utilize?

-I'd seen somewhere references to, or I took as, being able to have both a target for offensive spells and another for friendly spells? How do I set those?

I am sure there will be more questions

thanks in advance

wanna993

Post#8 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:49 pm

Rhuiner wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:43 pm
-(Scenarios) I struggle with healing, I think? I have to assume there is another way to see life for people aside from group mates which seem to continually be out of range/ distant. The advice from the player mentioned above was to just flash heal nonstop. That seems dull and a waste of everything else? Is there an addon or something sort of like WoW healbot or something I'm expected to utilize?

-I'd seen somewhere references to, or I took as, being able to have both a target for offensive spells and another for friendly spells? How do I set those?
If you target a hostile NPC/character that will be your enemy. If you target a friendly NPC/player that is your friendly target. If nothing is selected for friendlies it will target yourself when possible.

For the life of people in your group get an addon, the VinyUI pack that comes with the install is good enough. The default UI is absolute dogshit in many aspects. The advice you got is absolutely horrendous. T1, healers are king since they are very few healdebufs. Get your hots up on people, avoid dark medecine, use flash on the move (never stand still unless you cast ofc), cast your long heal for burst if you see someone being focused.

Ads
RathBrand

Post#9 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:27 pm

Rhuiner wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:43 pm Is there an addon or something sort of like WoW healbot or something I'm expected to utilize?
The closest thing is the Enemy add-on. It is a highly recommended replacement for the default raid frames. You can download it from the add-ons site or it also comes as part of many UI packages such as VinyUI.

You can set up Enemy to track the HOTs you apply and it show dispellable DOTs. Here are a couple of threads on how to setup it up:
Note: RoR doesn't have hover casting, so you have to click on a unit frame to apply a heal (aside from certain AOE/Group heals). You can configure Enemy to click cast which means setting up a mouse command (eg Shift + Left Click) to apply a heal.

Rhuiner

Post#10 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:06 am

Holy ****, my life is changed. Thanks guys