Recent Topics

Ads

Change Broad Severing/Sweeping Razor to not require target.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Zxul

Change Broad Severing/Sweeping Razor to not require target.

Post#1 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:47 pm

Currently a we/wh are the only mdps without a spammable aoe which doesn't requires a target in a 5 ft range, so if they join wb they are mostly limited to spamming Throwing Dagger/Snap Shot for 20 dmg a pop. Even tanks have some sort of 25-30 ft range abilities with a short cd- we/wh are the only true melee classes in War, unable to perform until they get into 5 ft of the opponent.

The way Broad Severing/Sweeping Razor we/wh tactics work is to change Slice/Razor Strike so in addition to main target in 5 ft range, they also hit additional two targets in 25 ft range. Problem is, the initial target in 5 ft range is still required, which in most of mass rvr situations, as a light armor classes, isn't likely to happen.

The suggestion is to change the tactics, so that initial 5 ft target won't be required- with tactics slotted Slice/Razor Strike will just hit 3 targets in 25 ft range, so the total dmg remains same as today.

To balance the extra range provided, change the tactics so as long as they are slotted, Slice/Razor Strike will no longer build class mechanic (Frenzies/Accusations). In other words, if we/wh only spam cone aoe, they won't be able to use finishers.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Koha

Re: Change Broad Severing/Sweeping Razor to not require target.

Post#2 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:42 pm

What ?
You lost me at, no combo points. Better leave it as it is then.
No combo if you don't hit anything is mandatory for obvious OPness.

Other option would be : keep the 5ft range and give a combo point per hit. Risk <> Reward sounds fair to me.
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:10 am

But we don't particularly want them relegated to spamming AOE, they're much better used for three other Manatikik-approved purposes. I know this comes as a shock, as we're finally breaking our seal of silence on the long requested "giv wh/we aoe pls" suggestion.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Manatikik

Post#4 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:15 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:10 am But we don't particularly want them relegated to spamming AOE, they're much better used for a dozen other purposes. I know this comes as a shock, as we're finally breaking our seal of silence on the long requested "giv wh/we aoe pls" suggestion.
Okay, i want to hear the DOZEN now. Like 3? I can buy, but a dozen; must be playing mine wrong.
<Montague><Capulet>

Sieffert

Post#5 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:18 am

Wargrimnir do you even play the game? WH/WE are the only classes the that have almost no aoe. They are in such a terrible state right now.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:27 am

Manatikik wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:15 am
Okay, i want to hear the DOZEN now. Like 3? I can buy, but a dozen; must be playing mine wrong.
That's fair, a dozen was hyperbolic, and I can't stand when people do that during discussions to make a point. I've updated my comment.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Manatikik

Post#7 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:32 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:27 am
Manatikik wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:15 am
That's fair, a dozen was hyperbolic, and I can't stand when people do that during discussions to make a point. I've updated my comment.
Lol'd at the edit a lot
<Montague><Capulet>

Fey

Post#8 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:02 am

At 2 posts I'd refrain from calling out a developer for any reason.
Do you even play the game?
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
agemennon675

Post#9 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:19 am

WH and WE + SW dont have spammable aoe, unfortunately non-target requiring kind of aoe is king in this game; be it in RvR, most scs and ofc city.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Arcrival

Post#10 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:49 pm

If you make it that sweeping will hit three targets and give 3 accusations I might use it in some situation in a WB or large sc to increase execution spam. Is having one aoe going to do it for you? I agree with war on this one get aoe out of your head.
I will go more extreme and suggest all aoe damage get reduced and capped at 9-12 targets max and all WH/WE get increase to base crit and melee power or offensive stats. Yeah blow me up!
It's OK to heal a Slayer! :mrgreen: