Recent Topics

Ads

[CHOPPA] GTDC replacement

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Orgruk

[CHOPPA] GTDC replacement

Post#1 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Hello there,

I'm opening a topic here to suggest a replacement skill for Git To Da Choppa

Eveyrone knows that this ability is right now subject to argue between Order or Destruction players.

The idea behind this concept and this new skill, beside getting rid of complains, is to raise Choppas more closer to Slayers and also allow Destruction tanks to be able to do their job without seeing endless immunity on targets.

Spoiler:
Deff Bringa would be placed at the 13th slot of the Path of Da' Wrecka mastery ability tree and fully replace Git To Da Choppa.
On the other hand, as it's designed as a curse, it could easilly be removed by Runepriest.

This way :
  • Choppas will have a usefull ability and not just be a Chop Fasta buff
  • no more immunities on Destruction Tanks' targets
  • no more random grap Order players are complaining about
  • magus pull will be usefull again and the class more welcome in warbands/cities

Thanks a lot for reading and your comprehension.

PS : all the credits and thanks to da Kaptin, Grufrip for this concept. ;)

EDIT 10/11 : If the devs like the idea they could also open a public test and let us try with the actual GTDC and with and ID like replacement skill. Heard it has been done for Shaman and Archmage before.
Last edited by Orgruk on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Ads
Jabba

Re: [CHOPPA] GTDC replacement

Post#2 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:57 pm

So a cheaper and longer ID, but with a much longer cd?

They certainly need something, as compared to slayers they are utter gabage. They were worse than slayers when you could abuse double ticks of gtdc for undefendable burst, now they're not even close to comparable.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

phononHYPE

Post#3 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:52 pm

Eh, I'm fine with GTDC, especially with the extended radius. This isn't a bad idea, with the trade-off of damge:CD, even though I am generally against the general mirroring that this is doing.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Orgruk

Post#4 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:53 am

That's why I left behind the "Rampage" trade proposal that many of us are dreaming of. :D

But I think this way Choppas will be more welcome in warbands/cities and much more than just a Chop Fasta buff thing.

Maybe if we also rework Bleed Em out by adding a flat damage to it + high bleed on maybe 6s length this could also help da Hitta tree.
Last edited by Orgruk on Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gurf

Post#5 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:35 am

I don't think buffing the aoe damage of the Destro melee train would be good for the game at all, they already have the better melee train in 9/10 City instances. Just because 1 city out of 10 brings enough Slayers to do a better melee train doesn't mean Destros need a buff.

Elvicof

Post#6 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:08 am

Gurf wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:35 am I don't think buffing the aoe damage of the Destro melee train would be good for the game at all, they already have the better melee train in 9/10 City instances. Just because 1 city out of 10 brings enough Slayers to do a better melee train doesn't mean Destros need a buff.
Basically you are saying that SL melee is better than destro, but order doesnt bring that to the city. So hence destro doesnt need a buff.

Like the logic in that.
Moonlapse and VII

Gurf

Post#7 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:25 am

Elvicof wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:08 am
Gurf wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:35 am I don't think buffing the aoe damage of the Destro melee train would be good for the game at all, they already have the better melee train in 9/10 City instances. Just because 1 city out of 10 brings enough Slayers to do a better melee train doesn't mean Destros need a buff.
Basically you are saying that SL melee is better than destro, but order doesnt bring that to the city. So hence destro doesnt need a buff.

Like the logic in that.
I'm saying that overall Destro generally has the better melee ball already with its classes combined overall, which is reflected in City wins.

Slayer has slightly better Damage, Choppa has better Utility. Things need to be looked at from a wider perspective rather than Slayer does more damage therefore Choppa needs a buff. People in this thread saying Choppas are bad are deluded, they are the most played class on Destro side, played far more than Slayer and there is a reason for that.

Ysaran

Post#8 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:50 am

Gurf wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:25 am I'm saying that overall Destro generally has the better melee ball already with its classes combined overall, which is reflected in City wins.

Slayer has slightly better Damage, Choppa has better Utility. Things need to be looked at from a wider perspective rather than Slayer does more damage therefore Choppa needs a buff. People in this thread saying Choppas are bad are deluded, they are the most played class on Destro side, played far more than Slayer and there is a reason for that.
Destro may have a better melee ball but GTDC need to be fixed. The ability makes no one happy: Order hates it, Destro tanks hates it, Choppas-who-knows-how-to-play hates it.
So, or you replace GTDC with a pure damage ability or you replace it with a utility ability; in the first case destro train get stronger, in the second case Destro get more utility (and it have quite enough).
Ppl say: "get rid of GTDC because of reason!", but you can't just get rid of 13pt ability and leave the 13pt slot empty, you have to actually replace it with something.
Whiech leads to the point: do you want to replace GTDC with a damage ability or a utility? or both?

P.S. also, Salyer doesn't have "slightly better Damage". It deal 15%-20% more damage than Choppa, let's not fool ourselves.
Zputadenti

Ads
Orgruk

Post#9 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:37 am

Ysaran wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:50 am Ppl say: "get rid of GTDC because of reason!", but you can't just get rid of 13pt ability and leave the 13pt slot empty, you have to actually replace it with something.
Whiech leads to the point: do you want to replace GTDC with a damage ability or a utility? or both?

P.S. also, Salyer doesn't have "slightly better Damage". It deal 15%-20% more damage than Choppa, let's not fool ourselves.
Imho : we have to trade this damage ability by another dmg ability

Ysaran

Post#10 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:55 am

Orgruk wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:37 am
Ysaran wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:50 am Ppl say: "get rid of GTDC because of reason!", but you can't just get rid of 13pt ability and leave the 13pt slot empty, you have to actually replace it with something.

Imho : we have to trade this damage ability by another dmg ability
I agree with you! Order could have a better melee train but they prefer to play sassy SW/WH instead of cool punk-suicide-angry Dwarf. Choppa is a damage class and should deal damage, not utility!

About your proposal:
1) i think you should put it on the balanca forum, this would give it more weight.
2) i'm not a fan of this kind of mirroring but, truth be told, i'm so tired of GTDc that it would be fine to me to replace it with Deff Bringa
3) Actually i also though about couple of replacement for GTDC:
- An AoE Bleed 'Em Out around choppa: it last x seconds and deals damage to all target around choppa every y seconds, the damage dealt per
tick increase with time.
- An ability like Seed Of Chaos but centered on choppa and dealing AoE damage around him
Zputadenti