Recent Topics

Ads

[CHOPPA] GTDC replacement

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Gurf

Re: [CHOPPA] GTDC replacement

Post#31 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:28 am

How come Choppas are all of a sudden saying CTDC is "not good for the game" , not one of you said that a few weeks ago when it was much worse for the game then it is now.

Ads
JarlBerzirk

Post#32 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:27 pm

Gurf wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:28 am How come Choppas are all of a sudden saying CTDC is "not good for the game" , not one of you said that a few weeks ago when it was much worse for the game then it is now.
Can you quote every single choppa player saying this? Because all the good choppas that i know have said its not good for the game for a long long time...and most choppas now feel like their only tool that they had (considering they are lackluster at best compared to slayer) has almost been completely removed from the game. Choppas were forced to use GTDC because they had nothing else left to bring to the table save for decent damage and chop fasta. Now that its almost removed entirely, and rampage hasn't even been touched, choppas feel nerffed like never before. Look we all get you love order so much, we see all your posts on the forums. But maybe, just maybe, before you try to troll from now on, at least try to be somewhat intelligent about it. If you really think destro and choppas are op like you say, then i invite you to come try destro and see for yourself. When your tank and you completely melt to a slayer ball, youll understand why destro is frustrated like it is atm.

Ysaran

Post#33 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:36 pm

VkdswWH wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:56 am Choppa top dps in city. Every good destro wb need a choppas.
GTDC still good because that skill incares your movement speed and you pull some of running/ecaping targets.
Maybe choppa can be top Destru dps, but Slayer and BW can easily aoutdamage choppas. Also: WBs takes choppa cuz there is no alternative, what would you like to run? a WB full WE and rSH?
GTDC it's not a bad skill, it's just that it doesn't fit the game. Choppa should deal damage, not else. For CCs there are tanks. The 13pt ability shouldn't be something you use to kill "running/escaping targets". Choppa is frontline dps, his duty is to break Order frontline and this is what a 13pt ability of AoE tree should do.

VkdswWH wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:56 am Choppa`s GTDC immunity never be a big problem. Stupid tanks who use their aoe knock on cd and give free immun and spread targets from aoe dmg always been a real problem,
What are you talking/writing about? :ugeek:
Choppa pull at least 2 target (well, actually this was before patch), one when you cast GTDC and one when GTDC is interrupted. if you have 3 choppa (which is likely, there are lots of choppas around) then you will give immunity to at least 6 target.
Problem is not stupid tank, problem is stupid CC. Every CC should be used carefully. luck is: almost only tank can use CC properly cuz CC usually require to be in close combat. The problem with GTDC is that it's almost impossible tu use it properly in the middle of the crowd cuz you cant choose your target.
Do you play tank? now immagine that all your CC would affects random enemy in your range and not your actual target. Would you still use them?

P.S. city doesn't matter, game have many other aspetcs: SC, ORvR, Solo and even PvE. you cant balance game only around city and you can't use city as only yardstick
Zputadenti

Ysaran

Post#34 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:42 pm

Gurf wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:28 am How come Choppas are all of a sudden saying CTDC is "not good for the game" , not one of you said that a few weeks ago when it was much worse for the game then it is now.
You know what is the ONLY positive thing about GTDc is? Is that when you press THE button you KNOW that ppl like you will go on forum and complain about how Big Bad Choppas thouched him :lol: :lol: :lol:

P:S. honestly i'm so tired of all this
Zputadenti

JarlBerzirk

Post#35 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:44 pm

Ysaran wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:42 pm
You know what is the ONLY positive thing about GTDc is? Is that when you press THE button you KNOW that ppl like you will go on forum and complain about how Big Bad Choppas thouched him :lol: :lol: :lol:

P:S. honestly i'm so tired of all this
+1

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#36 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:52 pm

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned, but we're not looking for a GTDC replacement. Interesting discussions though.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Orgruk

Post#37 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:15 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:52 pm I'm not sure if anyone mentioned, but we're not looking for a GTDC replacement. Interesting discussions though.
I agree with you it's an interesting discussion (if it stays constructive) but as you can see the Choppa community is interested in looking for a GTDC replacement, maybe the Dev Team could give it a head even if it's not planned right now. ;)
Last edited by Orgruk on Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

hammerhead

Post#38 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:16 pm

I read you and do not know who to believe. One writes GTDC in order to catch up with the unfortunate elves, the second writes that this is a frontal damager from one terrifying appearance of which the Order must scatter in all directions. It took only a little time and you are already exhausted without your secret ingredient. And how good it was a month ago, we grind warband after warband in 10 seconds and farm Altdorf on cooldown.
The game has now gained at least some meaning and looks much healthier, over the past month, the ORVR has come to life. All the same, Destro is significantly outnumbered and all that the Order can do is jump across zones and knock down attacks. And this is how it should be, or you wanted to squeeze one skill with one hand and write with the other on the forum - "This Order has broken, bring another!" How was it still recently?
Any nerf is bad. But honestly, you yourself asked for your posts.

So that it does not look like pure trolling. I think we need to make GTDC uninterrupted for Challenge and Stagger, and Choppa himself should be immune to slowdown and root. That is, he must rush around the battlefield like the devil, breaking all faces and spoiling the mood. The only way to interrupt this hellish dance is with a knock.

I hope the Order will not bring Sigmar against me and my breaker will not be hanged by the beard in the market square for this heresy. But if this happens, I will bequeath my shield and grudge book to my... (further unintelligible muttering).
(\|)o0(|/)

Ads
Orgruk

Post#39 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:55 pm

Edited the first post to make it clearer. :)
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Rapzel

Post#40 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:23 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:52 pm I'm not sure if anyone mentioned, but we're not looking for a GTDC replacement. Interesting discussions though.
viewtopic.php?p=433241#p433241

View first unread post Patch Notes 02/10/2020

- [Abilities]

[Choppa]

- Git To Da Choppa: Fixed a few issues with this ability, the range is now slightly bigger, matching the tooltip. It is now defendable. Interrupting it will no longer cause an extra damage tick.
viewtopic.php?p=433042#p433042

viewtopic.php?p=432461#p432461

viewtopic.php?p=432484#p432484

viewtopic.php?p=431951#p431951

viewtopic.php?p=431689#p431689

viewtopic.php?p=431387#p431387

viewtopic.php?p=432461#p432461

viewtopic.php?p=431533#p431533

Can find a lot more posts (this is from one thread, there's about 200 more threads or something)
but I think this kind of proves that you're lying (you've literally posted and "answered" several of these people that want to see GTDC changed).
We've said that the ability is poorly designed and used for the double tick, for burst. That burst is gone, now it's just poorly designed and bad.

>INB4 Gruf goes but I said "not good for the game"
Idk how many times I've written posts about how it's a broken ability, that Choppa needed to EXPLOIT to use EFFICIENTLY, exploit was fixed because it was a bug or some other arbitrary reason and that was not a fun and engaging mechanic.
What more do you want us to say?
That it's OP just like you (I don't even think you play either of the careers right? Think your main is an Engi or something) think it is, when people who play both Slayer and Choppa (ask any dirty cross-realmer tbh which career is stronger out of Choppa and Slayer, and you'll probably get slayer from the majority of them) don't have the same experience as you do?