Recent Topics

Ads

[CHOPPA] GTDC replacement

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ysaran

Re: [CHOPPA] GTDC replacement

Post#121 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:46 am

I need to apologize with hurrycanlol, I was wrong. Actually it's enough to add Tantrum into the equation to kill with GTDC in 2gcd.
I also apologize with Orgruk for derailing his post
Last edited by Ysaran on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zputadenti

Ads
BelligerentBob

Post#122 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:55 am

Yall really don't want one of the best abilities in the game in the form of Inevitable Doom because you would rather have Rampage???? :? What do you want Rampage for? To kill tanks from the front in forts? Is there a magical trick that lets you kill healers faster with Rampage?
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

Orgruk

Post#123 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:10 pm

BelligerentBob wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:55 am Yall really don't want one of the best abilities in the game in the form of Inevitable Doom because you would rather have Rampage???? :? What do you want Rampage for? To kill tanks from the front in forts? Is there a magical trick that lets you kill healers faster with Rampage?
Imho I'd rather trade GTDC for an Inevitable Doom like on my Choppa than having a Rampage like thing.
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

hurycanlol

Post#124 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:40 pm

Orgruk wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:10 pm
BelligerentBob wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:55 am Yall really don't want one of the best abilities in the game in the form of Inevitable Doom because you would rather have Rampage???? :? What do you want Rampage for? To kill tanks from the front in forts? Is there a magical trick that lets you kill healers faster with Rampage?
Imho I'd rather trade GTDC for an Inevitable Doom like on my Choppa than having a Rampage like thing.
I really don't think their objectiv is to make the game completely mirror, personally I would prefer that they put the GTDC back as before without the grab, because even if it was a bug, it allowed a huge burst or aoe, the only problem was always the grab

Orgruk

Post#125 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:51 pm

Maybe if we can test it on a PTS, we would see if it's good or not ? :)

Ysaran

Post#126 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:02 pm

As I said before I don't like mirror either. And I also think that your proposal was "not fitting the class" cuz Devs don't likes mirror too. Maybe we should try to look at the problem from a different perspective
Zputadenti

StrongUn

Post#127 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:51 pm

I ve seen rampage even chasing healers/casters... :shock: ROFL

Orgruk

Post#128 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:52 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:02 pm As I said before I don't like mirror either. And I also think that your proposal was "not fitting the class" cuz Devs don't likes mirror too. Maybe we should try to look at the problem from a different perspective
yeah that's true but we must not forget that ID keeps on exploding after Slayer's death where GTDC just stop.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#129 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:02 pm

Orgruk wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:52 pm yeah that's true but we must not forget that ID keeps on exploding after Slayer's death where GTDC just stop.
As said by hurrycanlol the strength of GTDC was the burst damage. ID is strong but it generate sustained damage (altough with the right proc...). Maybe we should think about a proposal the let unaltered the structure Choppa-burst/Slayer-sustained
Zputadenti

Orgruk

Post#130 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:44 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:02 pm As said by hurrycanlol the strength of GTDC was the burst damage. ID is strong but it generate sustained damage (altough with the right proc...). Maybe we should think about a proposal the let unaltered the structure Choppa-burst/Slayer-sustained
Don't know if it's quite relevant, GTDC first purpose wasn't to deal that much of damage but to pull someone fleeing combat (in small scale fights). In larger scale it was "just" bringing flat damage. The small burst we can have right now, compared to live era, comes from Tantrum .... based on my own experience. :oops: