Recent Topics

Ads

[CHOPPA] GTDC replacement

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Aurandilaz

Re: [CHOPPA] GTDC replacement

Post#41 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:47 pm

I seriously doubt devs will touch Choppa at all, and considering current tempo of random balance changes, your next best luck of getting any kind of Choppa buff might be 2-3 years away. There have been hundreds of salty filled threads past 1-2 years regarding Choppa, order salt, destro salt, xrealm salt of wisdom, roleplay salt... and somehow in the end Choppa got nerfed even harder than makes any sense, all because of one high meme value 13pts ability, that ability being the ultimate pugtroller and most stupid **** you could pull off in any tight smallscale fight where immunities matter for once.

Come play Slayers, fellow ex-Choppas, enjoy the higher damage. <3
(or Elves, everyone loves Elves).

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#42 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:55 pm

As much as we enjoy reading discussion posts, be advised to avoid angles that could be construed as harassment or implications of bias. Devs work for both realms based on their own needs, and the amount of discussion that goes on internally regarding balance is already significant with a limited number of team member non-contributors to actual implementation. Largely the inspirations we take and decide to implement does come from the playerbase. Some suggestions are simply non-starters despite public pressure. You can post thousands of times the same repeated suggestion, if it's not a fit for the class, we're not going to take action on it.

There's a lot more to realm balance and the reasons that one realm or the other is dominating in RvR or Cities or Forts weighs much more heavily on the coordination of players rather than the relatively small balance changes made to individual classes. If you don't like the realm balance, wait a couple months, it always changes.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ysaran

Post#43 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:02 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:55 pm You can post thousands of times the same repeated suggestion, if it's not a fit for the class, we're not going to take action on it.
Would be useful to know what would " fit for the class", so we could make more targeted proposal.

Also the only ones who even spoke about "realm balance" are those whieners who want choppa more nerfed cuz "destru OP". We are making this proposals cuz we want more fun playing choppa, not cuz our solution would solve any ream balance problem. this is a QoL change for choppa player, nothing more
Zputadenti

Orgruk

Post#44 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:31 pm

Ysaran wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:02 pm We are making this proposals cuz we want more fun playing choppa, not cuz our solution would solve any ream balance problem. this is a QoL change for choppa player, nothing more
Not only a QoL change for Choppas but also for other classes, could they be Destruction or Order.
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

gargharoth

Post#45 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:43 pm

...no...
Kupaczabra
Roadblock

CountTalabecland

Post#46 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:27 pm

To be clear GTDC double tick bug getting fixed was not a nerf. Fixing a bug is not a nerf ppl.

The nerf/buff comes from the change to defendable/bigger range change.

Definitely still a strong ability for ORvR and cities. Yeah its less effective in small scale but thats true of any AoE pure damage ability. Yeah ID is cool and all but its damage is pretty mild compared to bringing another ST DPS. I don’t think GTDC being bad in 6v6 is a good argument for messing with an AoE tree ability.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Orgruk

Post#47 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:49 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:27 pm To be clear GTDC double tick bug getting fixed was not a nerf. Fixing a bug is not a nerf ppl.

You got a point here, I think (and it's my own point of view) that the main concern should be that Slayers still have an undefendable combo : Rampage + ID where Choppas don't. If I ain't wrong and remember well, on the Live WAR it was designed this way : undefendable GTDC for Choppas to match Rampage+ID for Slayer.

But even with that I still feel that an ID like skill would still be better than GTDC, could it be the old undefendable one or the actual. :)
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

hammerhead

Post#48 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:53 am

Orgruk wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:49 am But even with that I still feel that an ID like skill would still be better than GTDC, could it be the old undefendable one or the actual. :)
Alternatively, copy the already working mechanics of the "Rune of Serenity" (RP), like this

Deal nn damage to your target over 6 second , and will then bounce to and damage other hostile within 40 feet of the previous target. This effect will not apply itself to the same target more than once, and will deal damage up to 9(12?) people.
cd 5 sec.

I am not a supporter of copying everything blindly, because I immediately think of a 5sec knock for CaveIn or a superpant.
(\|)o0(|/)

Ads
farng84

Post#49 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:07 am

Orgruk wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:49 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:27 pm To be clear GTDC double tick bug getting fixed was not a nerf. Fixing a bug is not a nerf ppl.

You got a point here, I think (and it's my own point of view) that the main concern should be that Slayers still have an undefendable combo : Rampage + ID where Choppas don't. If I ain't wrong and remember well, on the Live WAR it was designed this way : undefendable GTDC for Choppas to match Rampage+ID for Slayer.

But even with that I still feel that an ID like skill would still be better than GTDC, could it be the old undefendable one or the actual. :)
Sorry but he made one right point and two wrongs...
True, double tick was not intended.
False, increase area/remove undefendable were not buffs/nerfs. 40 ft was reported in the original description of the skill, they increased the range to match the tooltip (read patch description). Undefendable was not in the skill description either and so it was not supposed to be there (again see 2/10 patch note and further comments from game devs).
The whole thing was a fix, no buffs or nerfs...
Although I would agree that now choppa lacks an undefendable aoe combo as the one/ones available to slayers

Jabba

Post#50 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:13 am

Of course it was a nerf.
The skill wasn't working as they wanted it to, as evidenced by the fact they changed it. But any change to a skill that makes it worse than it was before is a nerf, irregardless of the reasoning for the change.

That people are trying to say it wasn't a nerf because parts of the skills' behaviour which were changed were perhaps unintended before, is highly amusing.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge