Recent Topics

Ads

Beastlord: Quality of life change

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Cheermazon

Beastlord: Quality of life change

Post#1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:12 pm

Have played the game for a few months now, and as a newer player I only discovered the Beastlord quests through the LFG channel and some awesome folks who helped me grab and complete quests. Otherwise this is content and gear I would of likely missed out on for an extended time.

Onto the suggestion:
Relocate the Beastlord quest givers to IC/Altdorf.

Below are the current quest givers, which require three trips each. While it may encourage exploration of the RoR world, it becomes more tedious then exploratory to get the quests. This may encourage further exploration of the world as the bosses themselves are in usually unexplored parts of the lakes/world as it is. The vendors in IC could be placed either near the beastlord token vendor, albeit a crowded area; or near the eastern exit of the monolith is an empty merchant area. In Altdorf, the quest givers can be placed in the empty area just outside the mount vendors, or above them on the second level in the corner.

Order Questgivers
Markus Wulfhart - Praag ch18 camp
Wild Jade Wizard - Chaos Wastes ch22 camp
Bergul Redhammer - Thunder Mountain ch19 camp
Sigrid Widmann - Reikland ch16 camp
Caradhrel Lightspinner - Eataine ch16 camp

Destruction Questgivers
Karrig the Despoiler - Praag ch17 camp
Brolgr - Chaos Wastes ch15 camp
Boldug - Thunder Mountain ch19 camp
Vilhjamur Godbane - Reikland ch22 camp
Wrenthian Darktide - Eataine ch20 camp

Did a quick search and didn't find any similar suggestions or posts addressing this, but apologies if it's something thats already been asked.
Last edited by Cheermazon on Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Jabba

Re: Beastlord: Quality of life change

Post#2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:27 pm

Unless something was already changed, you need 3 trips. Yes this is quite ridiculous.

1 to go and get the quests
1 to hand in boss kills
1 to hand in specific career kills
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Cheermazon

Post#3 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:22 am

Jabba wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:27 pm Unless something was already changed, you need 3 trips. Yes this is quite ridiculous.

1 to go and get the quests
1 to hand in boss kills
1 to hand in specific career kills
True! updated original post, thx!

lyncher12

Post#4 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:19 am

with the nerf to travel items i cant be the only one with zero interest in doing beastlord

Elvicof

Post#5 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:17 am

The pain of using 5 min to get to the quest givers. It amazes me that ppl wanna have everything handed to them with no effort.

Do them before rank 40 and make use of the xp aswell.
Moonlapse and VII

mogulprince

Post#6 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:58 am

I think it's good the way it is.

I would've never went to some of these places otherwise or interacted with other players who didn't know where to get the quests. It's actually good game design to make things a little "uneasy" sometimes so you can feel a sense of accomplishment.

zulnam

Post#7 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:30 am

There are other QoL changes beastlord quests could use over moving the quest givers, especially now since gear disparity is an even bigger gap for new players/toons. Like changing the respawn timers.

Changing the quest givers locations to the capitals would be a small improvement, but i don't think it's that essential.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Kabuco
Former Staff

Post#8 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:52 am

Beastlord is, as Tracker and Stalker, a lair boss hunting PvE set.

With this in mind it makes no sense to move the quest givers to any other location as they have now.
If you have a red name, you're on the wrong side!

OCRANA ...deal with it

Kabuco BW RR8x
Kynai WE RR8x

Ads
Brickson

Post#9 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:50 am

Kabuco wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:52 am Beastlord is, as Tracker and Stalker, a lair boss hunting PvE set.

With this in mind it makes no sense to move the quest givers to any other location as they have now.

Yep, done beastlord on four toons and I don't think the location of the quest givers is a problem. The one annoying part though is the uncertainty when the bosses will respawn after the debuff is gone. Waiting for your pray is definitively an aspect fitting the hunting style of the quests. But it's also uncredibly boring since you're just standing around not playing the game. I've had groups waiting for over 30 minutes for a boss, because you couldn't know when it would come back. So although I don't need the quests anymore I think it would be a nice qol change to make the bosses spawn right when the timer is up :)
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW