Recent Topics

Ads

Weekly Campaign Rewards

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
farng84

Re: Weekly Campaign Rewards

Post#11 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:32 am

Kabuco wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:20 am just a short think through of this idea:

For 3/5 of the objectives you already get a bag roll and meds.
The other two you need to do to get contribution.

Final conclusion: This idea seems quite unnecessary.
With the new system, your bag roll is worth not much.

Unless you were in the zone from when it opened and have the chance to contribute in every aspect of flipping it you won't get a decent shot at getting gold bag. With the new system people which can invest less time in the game do not have much chance to win 1-2 bags a week as it was before.

Regarding the meds, 2 for losing a fort, potentially 1/none per stage for losing a city (yes, giving you a worse case scenario). From oRvR I would not even consider the medals, by the time you have half invader you are drowning into vanquisher unless you did remember to switch off the auto-need roll.

The chance for these extra bags could motivate many players (and yes, they would give even more rewards to ppl spending most of their day online, but that's how it goes anyway), which at least would know they will get something out of their participation to RvR.

OP's idea is not necessarily the best option, but it is not as unnecessary as you might think

Ads
zulnam

Post#12 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:34 am

If you twist this idea a bit it might actually be a good solution for people who can't jump into city sieges at the WHACKY hours they happen; if the royal shards aren't enough.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

carlos

Post#13 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:45 pm

This is an awesome idea
Starfkr

DeadNerve

Post#14 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:12 pm

Looks very promising. Would help get more participation in the lakes, like what has been done with royals/invaders dropping in rvr bags and shards dropping off players. Having a weekend warfront focused on a scenario and a weekly warfront focused on open rvr is spot on.

Having set goals to complete the event is needed but I could see one or two of the goals being dynamic like what M0rw47h was saying. This would help make up for the lack of fort n city wins to complete the event. Help those that are lower level and those who have time commitments other then WAR.

Goermsi

Post#15 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:24 pm

Oh Yus!
Nice idea!

But pls, not with city ... i dont want to do city, sucks badly!
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

Mordecaieth

Post#16 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:30 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:58 am I'd like to suggest:
*Yes, gold bags are dummy reward.

A friend and I talked about weekly quests to reward medallions and remove the shard drop system -

I think this could be a great way to add some much needed incentive to the game. Seems like many are against the "win a city siege" task.

Imagine if the third tier reward gave you 10-15 invader/royal medallions for a reward with a weekly cooldown.

Thanks for sharing your ideas OP!

M0rw47h

Post#17 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:40 pm

Rewards are already low quality - up to 9 royals per week, is often less than lost City Siege.

farng84

Post#18 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:40 pm

You still would have to win/defend 3 forts.
Depending on the faction either forts or cities are the limiting factor.
Even if you fail the 3rd reward (most weeks) you would still try to get it for that juicy loot.
Most players would indeed be motivated

Ads
Goermsi

Post#19 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:47 pm

farng84 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:40 pm You still would have to win/defend 3 forts.
Depending on the faction either forts or cities are the limiting factor.
Even if you fail the 3rd reward (most weeks) you would still try to get it for that juicy loot.
Most players would indeed be motivated
You could also go away from win / lose and move to the term: Participate ;-)

Maybe add .... kill a dungeon boss, do a public quest .... öööhhh .... yeah :mrgreen:
First week maybe u need to do gunbad again and kill the squig, next week there might be a Boss vom Bastionstairs ... somethin like that would help the newcomers
Last edited by Goermsi on Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

farng84

Post#20 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:49 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:40 pm Rewards are already low quality - up to 9 royals per week, is often less than lost City Siege.
If rewards are too high it would not be balanced, this weekly reward would be an extra; also the bags could contain the amount of royals provided by city bags, that would be more.
City is our endgame and deserve to be special (if only for the extra rewards it offers), I think.
However, thinking about lost cities (or won) I usually expect it to be a bagless city (gold contribution and rolls below 50, just to add salt to the injury), so I assume 0-3 invader/royals for loss and based on the stars for a victory