Recent Topics

Ads

WH balance - snap shot build execution

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Duukar

WH balance - snap shot build execution

Post#1 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:37 am

Here is a buff that would be a huge QoL improvement for the WH and WE that isn’t overpowering.

Allow snap shots to build executions.

Half the issue with WH is being so squishy yet being required to be in melee range to do any real damage. If snap shot built executions you could build up and then you still need to go in to 30 feet to get your execution off. The risk reward is more balanced and it would allow the WH to participate in larger battles where the aoe proves nearly instantly fatal.

This would create a short/mid range option to at least allow the WH to participate and apply debuffs etc in bigger fights. This wouldn’t enhance or alter small scale play almost at all.

Worth a try I think. Dev? Try it for a month! Please.

Ads
sixmoons48

Re: WH balance - snap shot build execution

Post#2 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:26 am

it would be OP for witch elf since their witchbrew ability is extremely powerful and doesnt need a range or target to activate, plus every throwing knife already procs witchbrew dmg

Krima

Post#3 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:37 am

Just buff the WH..classses are not 100% mirrored.
WEs dont need that.. and would be op with withcbrew yes..
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Freerider

Post#4 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:40 am

FA+snap shot+DG+Trial by pain = u have yeed ur last haw heretic

Koha

Post#5 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:19 pm

It would be nice to have a better snap shot on WH. The animation is so nice, but nothing else than a snare.
At least it would be nice to proc bullets with snap shot or have a chance to do it.
WE can apply kisses by throwing daggers but WH cannot apply bullets with a gun... so sad
Last edited by Koha on Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Arcrival

Post#6 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:52 pm

I agree snap shot should build accusations or at least proc bullets I mean it’s a gun you shot the target really?
It's OK to heal a Slayer! :mrgreen:

KissShot

Post#7 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:17 pm

I've been playing WH for a little bit, not sure I agree with the finisher building. However, it does feel strange that snapshot doesn't proc bullets. Basically anything a WE does procs kisses.

Momekic

Post#8 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:14 pm

I like this suggestion, and don’t think it would be too strong, mainly due to the cast time of snapshot. With the cast time on snap shot it would take A reasonable amount of time to build any accusations.

Alternatively, like others are saying, snapshot could at least proc bullets.

Ads
Krima

Post#9 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:22 pm

Momekic wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:14 pm I like this suggestion, and don’t think it would be too strong, mainly due to the cast time of snapshot. With the cast time on snap shot it would take A reasonable amount of time to build any accusations.

Alternatively, like others are saying, snapshot could at least proc bullets.
Yep, lets make WH a range class now... :lol:
Build acussations from snapshot + Prolonged confessions
+ Abolustion spam with Flowing accosutions
+ Procing bullets 400s dmg.

LEts be real guys, stop dreaming ! it will never happen.

DMG of bullets its way high to proc out of snapshots also.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Momekic

Post#10 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:55 pm

@Krima Your reaction is a bit over the top and you are making it out to be better than it would actually be. It would definitely not make WH a competitive ranged class at all. It would increase utility a little.

WHs using snapshot wouldnt be in range to do auto attacks (which account for a large amount of our damage), and snapshot does pitiful damage.

It would take so long to build up to 5 accusations with snapshot that there wouldnt be any 5 accusation absolutions used based on snapshot.

Flowing accusations already exists and when you use absolution with 1 or 2 accusation it does mediocre damage, and the bullet damage is mediocre by it self since they dont crit.

Prolonged confessions might make some niche build with it, but you would still be missing out on auto attack damage and damage from your main attacks like torment. You wouldnt be able to burst anything down.