Recent Topics

Ads

Lord Tagging being trolled by Witch elf/hunter

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
zsalko7

Lord Tagging being trolled by Witch elf/hunter

Post#1 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:14 am

Hello there dev team, first of all let me say you have been doing great work so far with a lot of aspects of the game (as this is my first post in feedback).

this forum post might be summed up by the title and regarded as a pissed off person after a long defense. however, i also come with a suggestion.
to sum up the the experienced issue: we have successfully defended a keep with both doors down leaving only the lord to be killed by the enemy team. this means if we stay for 10 min in defense we win.
it seems to me that the decision to do so is indeed correct. (also with the new addition of bags to defense of keeps will increase peoples want to do so)

the main issue being after such event a WE or WH can troll this timer and reset the lord timer. not a bad thing but there is an oversight. it can be done again and again wasting peoples time.
moreover, we need to stay active in a silly manner (aoeing randomly).

so my suggestion is simple and borrowed from another game, overwatch's overtime.
simply put the timer should be there however it will decrease the time the lord can be tagged every, lets say, 5-10 mins by 1.5 min. or even proximity checks that at least 6 people are hitting the lord. sure 6 WE/WHs can enter but its less likely than 1.

in summery(TLDR):

WE/WH
can troll keep lord's timer and that's a waste of people's time and enjoyment.
i suggest to make an overtime timer like in overwatch.

kindest regards
Tolerant.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Lord Tagging being trolled by Witch elf/hunter

Post#2 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:26 am

There are 2 ramps up to lord room. When you have a number of defenders at keep, you can body block the doors or ramps, so the WH/WE get stuck in collision and can't sneak past you.
When you stand tight enough, they will waste time wiggling through you and most likely get seen.
Dying is no option.

carlos

Post#3 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:22 am

Started to read the post and agreed from the start because i felt the same. Then it struck me; if it bothered me THAT much i would actually do something about it, right?
But since i don't, so i reckon it's not that a big of an issue for me.

Because in all sincerness, if anyone would care, ppl would be more active in stopping the lord from getting tagged and it doesn't take more then 1-3 ppl doing it (against 1 WE/WH).

Let's be honest, 99.9% just stands there to wait for the tick... the majority is probably afk aswell during this.
Healers, with normally higher initiative, have an easy way to spot a stealthed WE/WH, Engi turrets have an add to basicly nullify the ability to sneak past without being seen etc. etc.

TL;DR
Defend the lord if it's really an issue. If you don't do it yourself, you really don't care.
Starfkr

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:38 am

As Carlos said, it's a situation where you need to be proactive. Your walls have been breached, your lord is vulnerable, you need to defend accordingly. That's the mechanic.

My suggestion to you would be dedicating a good defense so you don't waste time. Set traps, body block, camp lord room, etc. and the 10 minutes will pass without a reset. If it requires a specific damage to tag the lord or a specific number of enemies, then the defense would be utterly easy and tagging lord would become impossible so you'll open another door for complaints/feedback.

WE/WH are also players and they could be really enjoying tagging lord by outplaying the keep defenses.

Glorian

Post#5 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:13 pm

Flame Turrets and 24 landmines on postern. You need 6-8 Engineers for that.

siglade

Post#6 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:06 pm

Glorian wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:13 pm Flame Turrets and 24 landmines on postern. You need 6-8 Engineers for that.
Only one is required to break stealth, turn ur turret aggresive. Once landmine explodes, the turret will break the stealth, it's not new. It still happen with all class pet and aoe ;)
bachata, excommunicate abuser

Glorian

Post#7 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:32 pm

You need 24 to kill the witch instantly ofc.

Rumpel

Post#8 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:40 am

GamesBond wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:38 am
WE/WH are also players and they could be really enjoying tagging lord by outplaying the keep defenses.
That's really the fun. Some times it's hard getting through without losing stealth. Many elves lost their lifes on this. 😭
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Ads
Akalukz

Post#9 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:01 pm

I like the added mechanic, but I do believe there should be minimum damage dealt to put the lord back into Aggro. A dagger throw should not be sufficient. If this is a sneak/tactic/gameplay - then get close enough to hit.
-= Agony =-

Slapshot

Post#10 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:53 pm

GamesBond wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:38 am
Sure but let's remember that this one person can force 10 or more people to defend against him. And that there is really no negative penalty for him getting caught. I agree with the idea that there should be some minimum threshold to trigger the timer reset. I mean, this is mechanic is supposed to insure the battle is over. Having 1 random tossing a dagger every 8 minutes is not in any way comparable to a siege still happening.