Recent Topics

Ads

Please buff hitta tree.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Orgruk

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#31 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:23 pm

Chopstix wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:35 pm Right now as it stands choppas are just AOE Shrek’s flailing about with GTC. We need some variety in builds and honestly there is NONE. Buff Hitta tree so at least if a choppa wanted to focus on single target attacking that actually worked and wasn’t laughed at when specced into we could do that.

A good and simple, imho, would be :
- remove Keep On Choppin' and replace it by Rampage
- remove Git To Da Choppa and replace it by Inevitable Doom

Beside that could rework the bleed from Hitta and Giantslayer and you're done.
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Ads
oaliaen

Post#32 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:16 pm

Orgruk wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:23 pm
Chopstix wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:35 pm Right now as it stands choppas are just AOE Shrek’s flailing about with GTC. We need some variety in builds and honestly there is NONE. Buff Hitta tree so at least if a choppa wanted to focus on single target attacking that actually worked and wasn’t laughed at when specced into we could do that.

Make lot of sense if you ask me..

Ysaran

Post#33 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:29 pm

I'm sorry to derail this thread but since it's pretty dead I would like to take advantage of all the choppas reading this to ask your opinion about a proposal that is stuck in my head since a couple of days.

I though that would be cool to replace Keep on Choppin with an ability that say: "for the next 10 second every time you get hit all the enemies around you will suffer X damage, this ability can't trigger more than once per second"
where X should be a small amount.

And if the previous ability it's too strong I thought that could be moved at 13pt left-tree and replace Keep on Choppin with Furious Choppin
Zputadenti

phononHYPE

Post#34 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:28 pm

Orgruk wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:23 pm

I feel this is a last resort and lazy way to "fix" choppa in general. I don't want, nor do the devs (to the best of my understanding) an exact mirror.

Some things we could do, is up the damage formulas for things in the Hitta tree. I always felt that something like No More Helpin would be a top-tier ability, but looking around at other classes and I see finishers are a dime-a-dozen. Perhaps we could add something that makes dumping your rage (and thus taking an additional hit to further dps) worth while, say "if your target is already (incoming-heal-debuff), then it does an extra X in damage". For Bleed Em Out, if we shortened it by one tick and put that first initial tick as DD instead, that might help it. For Tired Already, I like that it is a limited version of CD increaser, but it has a pretty low damage component, especially when you look at the Savage tree and Keep On Choppin' which is lower in tier but higher in dps. Maybe swap these, or increase Tired Already damage part; not sure, just spitballing here.
Last edited by phononHYPE on Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

abezverkhiy

Post#35 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:27 pm

I think the best solution for this 2h problem will be to add 2h tree some AOE flavour while keeping it single target oriented.

Example: hit the target for X and everyone else in 20 feet for Y. Or another one: hit target for X and apply/remove some effect and also hit everyone else in 20 feet without applying this effect.

This will keep the tree single target but make it more viable in rvr.

Actually, this tether to dual wield in rvr pisses me off when I play my slayer. There’s only one build and everything else is just making me waaay weaker. No variety.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

gojiragwar

Post#36 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:25 pm

And some ideas also could be:
Tactic enhancements:
- Image Was Dat Yer Finger?
I never really used it, and never saw any choppas using it ever. Not saying it is 100% useless, but just too much situational and totaly not a priority.
In another hand, what could be interesting to add some varieties in Choppa tactic juggling could be to change the debuff:
When you do critical damage, reduces your target's INITIATIVE by 120 for 10seconds.

As its opposite, SLayers have Embrace the Pain, which grant a buff of 120 STR when they're critted, in my opinion still better then WDYF?.

Spells enhancements:
- Image Keep On Choppin'
Not the best option/spell to take but also not awful, in itself this spell is good but can be ignorable.
But when you look at the Slayer """""equivalent""""" hmmm... Rampage: Attacks can't be blocked or parried for 10sec(20sec Furious),choppa and slayer are mirrors but to make them kinda unique, some spells have opposite effects (Shatter Limbs increases ennemies CDs / Chop Fasta decreases allies CDs - Embrace the pain is a STR buff/ WDYF? is a WS debuffer)
If we follow this logic, choppas should have a more useful spell, opposed to slayers, like :
For the next 10 seconds, you parry all attacks. If you are Furious, increase duration to 20seconds. Isn't it more fair?

-Image Git TO Da Choppa
Ah, the eternal topic.
For information, I also tested RR60+ slayer playstyle, and RR80+ choppa, so I can more easily compare them out of war field.
Some combos like rampage + Inevitable Doom (+jagged edge) are disgustang !But efficient as hell, GTDC doesn't really have this violent combo, and we're repressed if we spam it (understandable).
Most of Order complains about GTDC are the grab, and the damage (???), I'll be happy to give up GTDC for Inevitable Doom, anytime :D so we will fight at equal weapon, it will end complains,right? Right?
A more realistic option could be to get ride of the grab but increase a bit damages.
Last edited by gojiragwar on Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ysaran

Post#37 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:32 pm

gojiragwar wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:25 pm Tactic enhancements:
I never really used it, and never saw any choppas using it ever. Not saying it is 100% useless, but just too much situational and totaly not a priority.
In another hand, what could be interesting to add some varieties in Choppa tactic juggling could be to change the debuff:
When you do critical damage, reduces your target's INITIATIVE by 120 for 10seconds.
i may be wrong but i think that this is the old version of Was Dat Yer Finger. I think tbay changed it for a reason, 120 ini debuf on crit would be op for choppa.

Also, while i agree on slayer upper hand on damage due to the combo rampage+ID+jagged edge+retribution i also think that destro have a overall advantage on melee pressure due to a higher number of viable aoe melee dps, so i think that aoe choppa damage should be increased much, just a bit
Zputadenti

normanis

Post#38 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:45 pm

problem with choppa has gtdc , because its deal tons of damage ( i saw on some choppa video 1k damage) its outshine ather 13 point abilities. also why u need rift mage if u have gtdc - works brilliant no immunities (?). speed bonuss. ( whay more better than magus rift 2sec cast no speed). its too good
also choppa has 2 heal debuffs outcome and income , 1 is high in tree and 1 is in medium tree. why choppa need 2 heal debuffs because wl has similar heal debuff. bg heal debuff works way better or chosen and are lower. and not talking about wych heal debuff what u get in t1. point i am saying this is replace heal outcome in hitta tree with something else,
also keep on choppin would be great for group ap restore ( some clases always starving ap) byt again chosen has better aura.
in the end that why choppas is gtdc spamers because its only styff what they have better than ather clases on destro side. + recent aoe cap and remastered bring it on. u basicly are stuck for ever with dualwield.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
mubbl

Post#39 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:58 pm

Ysaran wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:32 pm
gojiragwar wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:25 pm Tactic enhancements:
i may be wrong but i think that this is the old version of Was Dat Yer Finger. I think tbay changed it for a reason, 120 ini debuf on crit would be op for choppa.

Also, while i agree on slayer upper hand on damage due to the combo rampage+ID+jagged edge+retribution i also think that destro have a overall advantage on melee pressure due to a higher number of viable aoe melee dps, so i think that aoe choppa damage should be increased much, just a bit
once there where calsses with stacking inidebuffs on the server...i dont miss that time, cause you basicly had to go full ini talis and rr. ini is not a stat you normaly get "plenty" of on the walk.

in my op hitta works as a niche tree and you can get good results for st (potential of 2k crits, a few in a row)

off topic:
Spoiler:
slayer and bomb bw are still the best dps for dmg on paper. (we are talking about 20-50%) tbh i dont see any bonus for destro on the mass of class, maybe mass of players.

farng84

Post#40 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:09 pm

normanis wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:45 pm problem with choppa has gtdc , because its deal tons of damage ( i saw on some choppa video 1k damage) its outshine ather 13 point abilities. also why u need rift mage if u have gtdc - works brilliant no immunities (?). speed bonuss. ( whay more better than magus rift 2sec cast no speed). its too good
also choppa has 2 heal debuffs outcome and income , 1 is high in tree and 1 is in medium tree. why choppa need 2 heal debuffs because wl has similar heal debuff. bg heal debuff works way better or chosen and are lower. and not talking about wych heal debuff what u get in t1. point i am saying this is replace heal outcome in hitta tree with something else,
also keep on choppin would be great for group ap restore ( some clases always starving ap) byt again chosen has better aura.
in the end that why choppas is gtdc spamers because its only styff what they have better than ather clases on destro side. + recent aoe cap and remastered bring it on. u basicly are stuck for ever with dualwield.
To be completely fair GTDC does not outshines other abilities.
True, it has the potential to do a lot of damage (3 ticks to all enemies within 40 ft), it also have the chance to pull up to 3 enemies (one per tick), giving them immunity (not sure of what you mean about no immunities?).
Bring it on delivers more dmg and you will never get yelled at for using that skill. The reason why gtdc is used more often is due to its faster cooldown (or people being new to the class, it's kind of a fun skill).
you give it a shorter cooldown/extra dmg as a trade for the pulling ability and choppas will thank you en masse, possibly even start worshipping you instead of gork or mork.

Also, gtdc would never be able to replace rift, as that skill allows to create a pull point for 6 (not 3) enemies within 30 ft of the rift, the range of the spell is 65 ft, more if the magus is using pink horror to boost his range. The purpose of the two skills is quite different.

But I agree that aoe is necessary (the larger the scale the more necessary it is) and this forces choppas to be dual wielded