Recent Topics

Ads

Please buff hitta tree.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Aurandilaz

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#41 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:06 pm

the GTDC remains a "fun" spec, not as great dmg as slayer, but fun in different ways. Would like to keep Choppa and Slayer aoe tree seperate. As for 2h choppa spec, its a meme for sure, and not a funny one.

some of my ideas;
Keep on Choppin (not really Rampage equavalent so needs some buff)
0 AP cost, lowers your Rage by 50 points, you gain 5 stacks of Choppin! buffs - whenever you hit an enemy, they will take extra 200 corp damage and lose 20 Ap, giving that 20 AP to you, cannot be triggered more often than every 2 seconds.
(values can be altered+balanced)

It would become a "mix" of lesser witchbrew corp dmg pressure + potential of AP debuffing + own AP buffing. While not as high dmg as Witchbrew, and not as high Ap debuff potential as Mara, the main benefit would be having some unique way of lowering your rage, WHILE being able to run WotRules spec - meaning you dont need to do the classic "ghetto reset" of using FLEE in order to be able to play your career mechanic. (choppa driving with 3 gears, no rage, building rage, or max rage... impossible to play with mechanic in mind when you either get 10s of building time during which finishers hit hard, or you end in max rage zone where finishers barely hit harder than normal abilities but retain higher cost + tactic requirement)

for midtree, first the whole concept of 2h needs to be rebalanced, gaining +10 block strikethrough is a joke, and not a good one versus losing +10 parry, and losing proc dmg potential.
If we go with the logic that DW gives +10 parry so you can better duel other mdps, then clearly 2h would need to focus on other enemies, meaning it should give +20 Dodge/Disrupt (your base value being so low in willpower+initiative vs your usual WS+parry stack). Whether the blockstrikethrough is retained is a nonissue, you don't want to be hitting tanks from the front into their shields anyway. This change should be ofc helping all 2hander classes.

Now what could be added to choppa midtree;

13 pts, make it an armor debuff, or some unique ability that lowers your targets physical dmg mitigation by certain percantage (10-20?) meaning it could be combined with other armor debuffers to achieve something greater.

9 pts, while the CD increase can be nice, feels somewhat wasted. Maybe lower CD of the ability from 20s to 15 or even 10. Or something more unique, "Tired Already" now snares the target based on the amount of "physical mitigation reduced based on armor value", meaning if a squishy target with low armor had 30% phys dmg reduction from armor, the snare would gain value of 30. but, a more armored target, like Warrior Priesrt with 60% physical dmg reduction from armor, would be snared 60%. And a tank with max cap of 75% phs dmg mitigation, would be snared for 75%.

Bleed Em Out is "ok", just atm feels meh considering its in a generally meh tree.

The lowest tactic is wasted, even something like a +240 WS tactic would be more suited there at 3 pts. Or Long Lasta "your Shrug It Off (antisnare/root) now has a CD of 20 sec".

Pent Up Rage, dont know even where to start. It just fails to do what it should do, meaning somehow enable using finisher, but you cant use it reliably if you want burst out, you are either too high in Red or end up too fast down to Green zone.

The crit tactic is kinda OK, would maybe benefit from being +20 to make people spec it, but even +15 is kinda OK, issue being it's just midtree. Or have it buff the crit chance of EVERY finisher from every path by +15, so people actually use all of their finishers (a choppa can dream, right?)

Ads
sogeou

Post#42 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:04 pm

So, do Choppa players think the Slayer 2h tree is good? Because the DPS for DW is much higher for slayers and the 2H tree is really weak.

oaliaen

Post#43 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:07 pm

sogeou wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:04 pm So, do Choppa players think the Slayer 2h tree is good? Because the DPS for DW is much higher for slayers and the 2H tree is really weak.
2h Slayer is better cause SL have rampage on 6pt tree...

sogeou

Post#44 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:47 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:07 pm So, do Choppa players think the Slayer 2h tree is good? Because the DPS for DW is much higher for slayers and the 2H tree is really weak.
2h Slayer is better cause SL have rampage on 6pt tree...
[/quote]

Rampage is not as good as you think it is. Having a 2h the DPS and rampage is not going to do anything. The damage is still super low vs a DW build. So, saying they have rampage does not add that much support as you think. They really need to buff all middle tree finishers damage by a large amount.

Sulorie

Post#45 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:56 pm

normanis wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:45 pm problem with choppa has gtdc , because its deal tons of damage ( i saw on some choppa video 1k damage)
Dealing 1k dmg on a crit is considered "tons of damage"?
Dying is no option.

sogeou

Post#46 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:21 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:56 pm
normanis wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:45 pm problem with choppa has gtdc , because its deal tons of damage ( i saw on some choppa video 1k damage)
Dealing 1k dmg on a crit is considered "tons of damage"?
Dealing 1k is a large amount for an AoE move which hits everyone and pulls people along with giving a movement buff.

farng84

Post#47 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:36 pm

I would like to see the video to understand on what that 1k was done and what sort of equip/buffs were used to get there.
That sort of dmg it is not something you commonly see on gtdc, if it was I would have crits of 1.4k or so for bring it on (I wish!) which would allow me to melt...everything, really

phononHYPE

Post#48 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:37 pm

@Sulorie its the fact that "1k" is aoe and potentially hitting multiple people for that much. The fact that aoe hits more people means you can be swinging it while you would normally be out of range. The additional targets means more likely you hit a squishy for that ~1k (I'd like to see that video btw. I can reliably hit in the 7-800s crits, but it has to be a very under geared person to get close to 1k).

Was Dat Your Finger - I've thought about this one a lot as well. Perhaps we could change it to something like +120 WS on crit, but we already have WS boost so that seems a stretch. Adding an INI debuff seems okay, even though there are Mara and SH versions so I don't see this going up to 120, as I think the others are capped at 80? Would be fun, but we are starved for tactics as it is, so kind of a moot point.

Keep On Choppin - I like the lesser Witch Brew idea, that sounds really nice, though I'm not sure how WEs would feel sharing a signature move (and in such a low spot on our tree).

Of damage from order that I worry about, it is often the "hits twice" version of stuff, like WL Coordinated Strike or SW Crosscut. This is what 2h misses out on, the extra little hits that DW gets from extra swings. Everyone parries, so our block strikethrough is only good on tanks (and now shield WPs). Heck, I get parried a noticeable amount by BWs and RPs, and not always with an IB around. So perhaps parry strike through for 2h, as an idea.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
gojiragwar

Post#49 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:42 pm

1K crit isn't really a big damage, and yes it hits everyone but we're far from hitting everyone with 1K(and good players will interrrupt our GTDC anyway), in WB/orvr, the 20% movement bonus can be negligible since you're often rooted/snared/slowed down.
I'm pretty sure we're giving ideas about how to enhance choppa overall (and compared to its mirror class), not complains " one time a choppa killed me ! They don't need a fix, they're OP !"
Let's try to be objective.

normanis

Post#50 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:28 pm

my point was gtdc is still best what choppa can offer to wb, if there was 2 build or 3 builds for wb play than , choppa would spec tham. slayer has same with id and rampage he dont have more builds. about mages , rift works on funnel. byt outside when destro only zerg choppa gtdc outshine 2 sec cast rift. i wa son situations where we pulled order keep and was none rift magus.
back to topic, to make choppa play 2h they need nerf gtdc (what will not happen) or replace outheal debuff to something like extra burst.
about video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"