Recent Topics

Ads

Please buff hitta tree.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
gojiragwar

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#51 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:04 pm

normanis wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:28 pm about video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
Your video is out of context(and released more than 6months ago), yes Choppas can do 1K+ on GTDC especially on light armors/medium armors ( AM and engi in this video) , and in this case some random scenario.
But place it in cities, versus organized warbands or even in keeps, it isn't the same story at all, between guards, geared people , armor talis, pots etc... you'll barely see any 1k+ crits.

I'm not saying that it is bad, it is very good but has some downsides like immunities and a longer CD than Inevitable Doom, not mentionning that it can be interrupted.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#52 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:44 pm

GTDC is a non-issue in actual endgame balance, and more often than not ends up causing more grief to destro themselves due to the randomness of the CC it distributes.
It's absurd how any thread regaridng Choppa ends up with some solo pug heroes coming to cry about being pulled or eating 1k (!!!!) dmg crits from a 13pts ability (lotsa choppin can hit harder, wild chopping and I'll go over 2k, but someone has the balls to cry about occasional 1k!!! crit that occurs every 2s on a long stupid channel)
with how the dmg is spread over 4 ticks over 6 seconds, you get higher dmg outputs from 3/6 of the path of wrecka attacks with 1 of those 6 being a tiny aoe dot, and the other 1 being lotsa choppin with stupid low-high random dmg output variance.

no organized order warband loses due to enemy having GTDC, and in 6v6 scene using GTDC is considered trolling your own team. but outside of those 2 main concerns for balance, there is a ton of pug players who will never stop complaining about the greatest anti-pug trolling ability in game.

Grock

Post#53 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:15 pm

Why are you discussing GTDC in a thread about 2h tree?
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Sulorie

Post#54 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:23 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:15 pm Why are you discussing GTDC in a thread about 2h tree?
It started on page 3 like a slowing growing sickness...
Dying is no option.

phononHYPE

Post#55 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:11 pm

2h vs DW, 2h relys on parry strikethrough to ensure our slower/bigger hits land vs pray-n-spray of DW. Block strikethrough is, meh. 2h, or really any single target melee class is tough to offer stuff to a WB. Single target sorc I think can still offer WB eliminations, though perhaps only 1-2. Similar with WEs; heavy single preasure. For choppa 2h/single target to be viable we need ... idk, a 5th tactic slot. The double heal debuff is okay, but not sustainable for our dps.

Contrary to others, I feel like Pent Up Rage is a good tactic for this. The pressure is slow but steady and can help with WB. If fails vs the slayer version that removes buffs for extra damage. That's a sweet ability, but again not one I want to directly mirror. How about Bleed Em Out has an added effect, as it is AP intense and easily removed before the main dot hits, how about adding a "while this effect is on a target, they have their parry reduced by 10%". That would make it very nice, and more in line with many other classes that have abilities that cover more than just a new damage delivery.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative