Recent Topics

Ads

Please buff hitta tree.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Chopstix

Please buff hitta tree.

Post#1 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Right now as it stands choppas are just AOE Shrek’s flailing about with GTC. We need some variety in builds and honestly there is NONE. Buff Hitta tree so at least if a choppa wanted to focus on single target attacking that actually worked and wasn’t laughed at when specced into we could do that.

Ads
RuhRoh

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#2 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:28 pm

yes please, maybe equivalent to burst of WL if we spec ST...

Grock

Post#3 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:04 pm

The fundamental issue with the tree is that it has 5 exhaustive abilites out of 7 active ones, which means it is unplaayble without rage management tactic, which means we only get ONE "flexible" tactic slot, while most other dps/specs get 3

The only way to make mid tree playable is to remove exhaustive status from most of its abilities, so that it become playable without rage management tactic just like other trees/specs.

But there are other issues too.
5pt dots are weak, Deathblow/WeaklinKilla damage is nothing special, so you wouldn't waste Rage on it, KD eats Rage preventing burst combo - unlike any other dps, 11pt tactic only affects mid tree, lacking any synergy with other trees, 3pt tactic is weird and only useful for Wild Swing spam, etc.
The mastery abilities themselves are weird. Slayer gets sort of a burst rotation (except Spellbreaker sucks), while Choppa gets two utility-oriented debuffs instead, what use is there for them? Focusing down healers? On a class with only the most basic mobility and mechanic that makes us super squishy?
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:08 pm

Wait, thats all you have to do to get you class buffed? No in depth explanation of whats currently wrong with the class, no suggestions of how to fix it? Just please buff this Mastery tree? Well if thats the case then...

Dear Dev's, please buff the Chosens Dread Mastery tree, I need to do lots more damage!

Wow, I guess it is that easy... :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Grock

Post#5 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:14 pm

Imagine having the audacity to hijack other class's thread to sarcastically ask for more chosen buffs
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Skullgrin

Post#6 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:19 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:14 pm Imagine having the audacity to hijack other class's thread to sarcastically ask for more chosen buffs

I know, right???

Edit: AAAAHHH!!!! Its the post of the beast!
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88

Chopstix

Post#7 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:08 pm Wait, thats all you have to do to get you class buffed? No in depth explanation of whats currently wrong with the class, no suggestions of how to fix it? Just please buff this Mastery tree? Well if thats the case then...

Dear Dev's, please buff the Chosens Dread Mastery tree, I need to do lots more damage!

Wow, I guess it is that easy... :lol:
🤔 I thought someone just did a very good job as to explaining why it should be buffed but hey I guess that’s just me.
As stated in the original post hitta tree has no synergy with ANYTHING and it’s suppose to be our BURST tree with guess what NO BURST or laughable burst to say the least.
I for one am tired of playing the class the way it’s pigeonholed into playing now. Just saying.

Skullgrin

Post#8 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:09 pm

My point is, you made the initial post and made no explanation as to what specifically needed to be fixed, all you said is "Please buff hitta tree." You shouldn't be relying on others to make the point for you, if you want something to be changed you should make the argument yourself.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88

Ads
Foofmonger

Post#9 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:10 pm

You had me at "AoE Shrek" :lol:

Chopstix

Post#10 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:14 am

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:09 pm My point is, you made the initial post and made no explanation as to what specifically needed to be fixed, all you said is "Please buff hitta tree." You shouldn't be relying on others to make the point for you, if you want something to be changed you should make the argument yourself.
Now that you have an explanation are you happy? have you added anything constructive to help the point along? I'm sorry i didnt make your descriptive standards but if you dont have anything to add about choppa or the hitta tree or how to make the class better in any way then why are you here?