Recent Topics

Ads

City Rewards change in patch

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mordd

Re: City Rewards change in patch

Post#11 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:39 am

Shooshpanzerer wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 pm Or maybe there is a thing called /5?
/5 order vs /5 destro is where the largest discrepancy is.

Ads
Rapzel

Post#12 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:12 am

Mordd wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:39 am
Shooshpanzerer wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 pm Or maybe there is a thing called /5?
Oh yes, because of the 100% damage/heal buff destro gets from joining /5 groups you mean? Too bad destro only got this buff and Order needs to spend hours and hours to practice their WB efficiency.

Lost one or two cities as order with /5.
Only destro bias I've found is the throne room in IC, because yes, it's actually stupidly easy for destro to win there compared to the order throne room.
Neither way I don't have a solution to the IC throne room, on how to make it more balanced, but in the current state of IC it's smarter to give up stage 2 for stage 3 for order, which is dumb.

Then again stage 1 Altdorf feels about the same, and you need to do something massively stupid to lose that stage.

Mordd

Post#13 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:05 am

Rapzel wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:12 am
Mordd wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:39 am
Oh yes, because of the 100% damage/heal buff destro gets from joining /5 groups you mean? Too bad destro only got this buff and Order needs to spend hours and hours to practice their WB efficiency.

Lost one or two cities as order with /5.
Only destro bias I've found is the throne room in IC, because yes, it's actually stupidly easy for destro to win there compared to the order throne room.
Neither way I don't have a solution to the IC throne room, on how to make it more balanced, but in the current state of IC it's smarter to give up stage 2 for stage 3 for order, which is dumb.

Then again stage 1 Altdorf feels about the same, and you need to do something massively stupid to lose that stage.
since you dont seem to understand even most bad destro know the destro class mesh is better for random warbands. the top premades can build WBs that can beat good destro WBs. the difference really comes in on the /5 premades. pugs with no healers and mostly all dps happen on both sides. You know the destro wining around 70% of all city instances.

Spellbound

Post#14 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:16 am

Totally agree. It’s a bad direction for the game lessening bag quality for losing side. Basically encourage them to just leave the scenario so the winning side gets less bags if pugs queue into an unmatched city.

Actually the first RoR patchina longtime I was realy like “wow”. You already know the long term complaints on Order 70% loss record in cities then want to do this just to one side?

If goal was to reduce bags overall then winners need to be affected too. You already know Destro wins more and I’ve already sent a list of fair balance changes.

BTW the medallion drops aren’t that great. We did 3 hours of organized discord RvR and pretty much our whole Warband got gold/purps etc at fort and open rvr kills. In total I personally got 7 invaders and 2 royal shards. Netting one invader shard for 3 hours of 200+ kills giving drops.

That doesn’t deserve nerfing invaders from fort and lessening bags.

The patch is actually a nerf to gaining invader and royals by fooling players. Lose one invader from a fort and spend 3+ hours to try to earn 5 shards instead. Then if city happens, 70% chance you’re on losing side and getting blue as highest bag.

Totally making gear progression horribly worse for one side until cities are balanced.

You just encouraged more Destro loggers and less order players.

2 steps forward, 3 steps back. Shard would be a good “addition” if it wasn’t a nerf to fort invaders given and lesser bags for losers.

Please revert ASAP and just keep the shard system in place as it’s slow enough to earn as it is. Just gives players options how to play and prolonged a city from happening.

I proposed this invader and royal drop since joining the server and other balance changes that came to fruition. If few other ideas I proposed that were implemented, things would be in a balanced state.
Last edited by Spellbound on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spellbound

Post#15 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:33 am

Additionally doing the math. If it took me 3 hours to get 2 royal medallions. That’ll take 7 hours of straight very organized orvr for kills to get ONE royal. Removing gold bags from losing city (2 royals lost), that means a player needs to do 14 hours of orvr straight to GET those 2 medallions back they used to get. Yes it heavily punishes city loggers who might not bother now. Also punished current players by making gear grind harder. Thirdly you mostly affected one faction knowing who it hurt more.

Hopefully a Hotfix #1 shortly to revert to improve things that keeps shard drops in place which is supposed to be a BONUS for playing the game and not city logging. You turned it into a nerf and penalty overall by masking it into “love”

If plan to keep city bag change and lower forts, then change the exchange rate to 3 shards to make a medallion.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#16 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:54 am

Yesss revert it asap...or ppl will stop to afking in city...those afkers deserve some rewards.

Mordecaieth

Post#17 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:38 pm

Mordd wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:30 pm Now there will be even less of a reason to queue for something Order already sees as a dreadful experience and more Destro will be left standing not getting a city queue.

Well yes, why would anyone want cities now if you can just farm the lakes all night with zergling warbands - chasing down solo and six man's in hope of getting those SHARDS.

I'm a "destro main" and I can say with certainty I'll have no part in RvR just to be chased down into a corner, across a lake, through the alley ways in praag, etc. My RR80 is now practically a royal pinata which basically secretes the smell of potential royals for hungry warbands.

On top of it I'm noticing a lack of actually playing the zones/BO's because let's face it, everyone is only interested in killing players/farming for shards.

This is quite off-topic from OP's thoughts but it's affected all the same by these changes in my earnest opinion - less bags for order in city, why would they want to push it anymore? Farm the lakes instead bois - and make small scale roaming a nightmare.

Ithiel

Post#18 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:49 pm

I think this is a particularly severe punishment for those playing classes that are not competitive in city (e.g sw, wh, engi or am on order and their equivalents on destro) as they will be on the losing side 90% of the time and can't do much about it apart from rerolling

Ads
lyncher12

Post#19 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:25 pm

its also a lot more difficult to make a proper /5 warband on order because the only thing out there are aoe engineers and bws with the occasional archmage healer. no wps, no rps, no kotbs, etc.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#20 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:10 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:25 pm its also a lot more difficult to make a proper /5 warband on order because the only thing out there are aoe engineers and bws with the occasional archmage healer. no wps, no rps, no kotbs, etc.
You sure?....maybe review this post: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38063&start=460

WP and KOTBS are the most played classes on order...