Recent Topics

Ads

City Rewards change in patch

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
catholicism198

Re: City Rewards change in patch

Post#31 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:19 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:54 am Yesss revert it asap...or ppl will stop to afking in city...those afkers deserve some rewards.
People "afk" because there's no point in fighting a meta-pre-made when you have nothing but dps AM and engineers. They should just add an anti-afk mechanic instead of punishing those that actually play/try.

Order loses way more often than they win because Order plays what they enjoy and not what is meta. Afterall, that's what games are all about right? playing meta builds/classes and not what you enjoy.
^---that's also why /5 doesn't work on Order.

Ads
Rydiak

Post#32 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:29 pm

City bag rolls being tied to actual contribution instead of an RNG roll would do wonders to prevent AFK farmers.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Rekoom

Post#33 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:44 am

Pretty sure the Destro/Order win ratio for city is not 70% anymore. I know I have been losing most of my cities as our 12 man gets matched with Slayer/BW premades and we just don't have the gear/practice to execute the needed counter strategies to those.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

Rapzel

Post#34 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:12 am

Mordd wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:07 pm
Rapzel wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:36 pm
Since you don't seem to understand even most bad destro know the end game gear is not handed out freely without any sort of effort.
The only stats of "You know the destro wining around 70% of all city instances." is from 2 months ago.
We don't know if they're legit (those also state 41% order winrate which leaves 59% for destro which is far from the 70% you state source: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39836).
These stats does not contain all the stages won, just the last one.

This was also during a period when Order was zerging to IC about 3 times a day (even before unlock), and the win rate seems to have evened out these past few weeks.
As long as we don't have the numbers of the amount of 24/18/12/6/solo queuers and stages won it doesn't really matter, nor do we have the data of distributed invader medallions/royal crests.

The interesting part is that the majority of people agree on the fact that Order have a select few careers that are seen as the best careers for cities (Slayers, KotBS, BW e.g.).
Yet people like you don't suggest nerfing these careers and buffing the careers that are not performing as well as these to balance out the faction, instead you suggest nerfing destro careers that can't even compete with their Order equivalent, because that would somehow magically make underperforming careers viable.
Recent actually sits about 65%. but hey your Destro you think thats great.
I didnt talk about any nerfs or buffs. make up more fake info for your losing argument. This thread was souly about the change to city bags and it hits one side worse than the other. You can make up all the fake arguments you like. the facts are the facts.
I don't need to make up fake info, because you do it for me.
You claim destro win rate is 70% with no source, I call you out and I provided a source that states 59%/41% (a snapshot of what it was like 2 months ago when "Order always lost city") to destro and tell you there's no value in only looking at stage 3 wins and losses, because there's 2 stages before that we don't know the win rate of. You lower winrate to 65% with no source.

What losing argument?
That you suffer from a severe case of cognitive bias?
That you try to ad hominem in every thread you show up in?
That looking at stage 3 win/loss ratio and base your opinion about city balance on that alone is a proper smooth brain move?

Caduceus

Post#35 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:23 am

Mordd wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:30 pm The change to bag rewards for the losing side, as the game stands is wrong and just exasperates a gear problem.
What "gear problem"?
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Talren

Post#36 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:09 pm

This is a bad change.

I was just a 1 star pug vs. pm. After the first few pushes half just left, the other half waited (This is the third waiting match I've been in in 3 cities since the change).

"But don't you feel bad giving the losers a prize?"

I would feel bad ... but there was no challenge, there was no competition, neither team "earned" there marks. Example: You don't give a rr90 a huge reward or crazy ton of rp for killing a CRank 1 character. Why? Because there is no challenge. Players (for whatever reason you want to give) are matched up in such a manner with 0% chance to win.

In my experience the pug was farmed 200+ to 0. There was no challenge and never a chance to win. This was not end game material. Both teams ended up waiting. One team waited and got a prize and one team waited and got nothing. Again THIS IS END GAME.

You aren't rewarding a team because they took the time to make a PM (their reward should be an enjoyable challenge against another team in END GAME CONTENT). Now you are punishing a team because of horrible matchmaking.

I should add, if your idea of rewarding a premade team is not a challenge and just giving them free marks in this manner. Then I suggest implementing a surrender option to city to expedite the process for both parties.

Who does this hurt? It hurts anyone with vanq and below. It's not worth it to group with anyone with less than invader or sov. It's WAY harder for people with lower armor to find group and they are forced to pug. Now they can't even pug and make any progress. Some people in my group literally wasted an hour and got NOTHING. How does that help with gear parity for future competition? To make things worse, the pm we where matched against mostly had full sov and our team had conq/vanq and people who needed marks the most.

During these bad matchups I noticed a change in chat. They went from saying "we tried, just wait for marks and try next time" to "Why try anymore? This is a waste of time".

I know the devs are doing the best they can (a lot of good/cool changes recently) but imho this is a horrible change that should be revisited.

lyncher12

Post#37 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:36 pm

i haven't lost yet so i am curious what bags do you actually get for losing? special loot bags?