Recent Topics

Ads

City Rewards change in patch

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
RuhRoh
Posts: 9

Re: City Rewards change in patch

Post#21 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:24 pm

we had a pug order instance with 6 tanks and 5 wp's and like 2 dps it was super difficult because of how tanky it was.. :( We won in stage 3, because you can't double guard all the champs, but lost stage 1 and 2. The metric argued about only winning 60% is bad, because all that counts is the stage 3. Lets compare forts, where the drop rate was already decreased by 1 then again in last patch for losers... lets see who loses forts.. destro. AOE from rdps owns forts. Lets compare the win loss ratio of forts. (that is not how we can disuss balance, both are not balanced comparisons of play)

Ads
User avatar
farng84
Posts: 139

Re: City Rewards change in patch

Post#22 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:35 pm

Agree with OP, but I would add that reducing the number of crests is also bad for both City and Forts.
Forts now give 2, makes you wonder if it is worth wasting 40 minutes time.
City takes, let's say 1h-1.30h (mainly because of a dragged first stage) and in the worse case scenario (3 stages lost and no bag won due to crap rolls) you end up with 3 crests reward from a 2-5* city. The waste of time/reward ratio is quite bad, makes me skip city often.
If inv/royals were removed from oRvR I would probably give up on sov gear, too much grinding and cringing

Rapzel
Posts: 84

Re: City Rewards change in patch

Post#23 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:36 pm

Mordd wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:05 am
Rapzel wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:12 am
Mordd wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:39 am


/5 order vs /5 destro is where the largest discrepancy is.
Oh yes, because of the 100% damage/heal buff destro gets from joining /5 groups you mean? Too bad destro only got this buff and Order needs to spend hours and hours to practice their WB efficiency.

Lost one or two cities as order with /5.
Only destro bias I've found is the throne room in IC, because yes, it's actually stupidly easy for destro to win there compared to the order throne room.
Neither way I don't have a solution to the IC throne room, on how to make it more balanced, but in the current state of IC it's smarter to give up stage 2 for stage 3 for order, which is dumb.

Then again stage 1 Altdorf feels about the same, and you need to do something massively stupid to lose that stage.
since you dont seem to understand even most bad destro know the destro class mesh is better for random warbands. the top premades can build WBs that can beat good destro WBs. the difference really comes in on the /5 premades. pugs with no healers and mostly all dps happen on both sides. You know the destro wining around 70% of all city instances.
Since you don't seem to understand even most bad destro know the end game gear is not handed out freely without any sort of effort.
The only stats of "You know the destro wining around 70% of all city instances." is from 2 months ago.
We don't know if they're legit (those also state 41% order winrate which leaves 59% for destro which is far from the 70% you state source: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39836).
These stats does not contain all the stages won, just the last one.

This was also during a period when Order was zerging to IC about 3 times a day (even before unlock), and the win rate seems to have evened out these past few weeks.
As long as we don't have the numbers of the amount of 24/18/12/6/solo queuers and stages won it doesn't really matter, nor do we have the data of distributed invader medallions/royal crests.

The interesting part is that the majority of people agree on the fact that Order have a select few careers that are seen as the best careers for cities (Slayers, KotBS, BW e.g.).
Yet people like you don't suggest nerfing these careers and buffing the careers that are not performing as well as these to balance out the faction, instead you suggest nerfing destro careers that can't even compete with their Order equivalent, because that would somehow magically make underperforming careers viable.

Mordd
Posts: 127

Re: City Rewards change in patch

Post#24 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:07 pm

Rapzel wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:36 pm

Since you don't seem to understand even most bad destro know the end game gear is not handed out freely without any sort of effort.
The only stats of "You know the destro wining around 70% of all city instances." is from 2 months ago.
We don't know if they're legit (those also state 41% order winrate which leaves 59% for destro which is far from the 70% you state source: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39836).
These stats does not contain all the stages won, just the last one.

This was also during a period when Order was zerging to IC about 3 times a day (even before unlock), and the win rate seems to have evened out these past few weeks.
As long as we don't have the numbers of the amount of 24/18/12/6/solo queuers and stages won it doesn't really matter, nor do we have the data of distributed invader medallions/royal crests.

The interesting part is that the majority of people agree on the fact that Order have a select few careers that are seen as the best careers for cities (Slayers, KotBS, BW e.g.).
Yet people like you don't suggest nerfing these careers and buffing the careers that are not performing as well as these to balance out the faction, instead you suggest nerfing destro careers that can't even compete with their Order equivalent, because that would somehow magically make underperforming careers viable.
Recent actually sits about 65%. but hey your Destro you think thats great.
I didnt talk about any nerfs or buffs. make up more fake info for your losing argument. This thread was souly about the change to city bags and it hits one side worse than the other. You can make up all the fake arguments you like. the facts are the facts.

User avatar
DiMakss
Posts: 63

Re: City Rewards change in patch

Post#25 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:16 pm

City looser starter pack
Image

Acamano
Posts: 61

Re: City Rewards change in patch

Post#26 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:25 pm

Okayyy that class data that was linked is not right lol. There is NO WAY that SW's are the 2nd to the last played class in the game! FAKE DATA! :) lol jk. Big credit to that guy for putting in the effort to record it, but that does not seem accurate. Plus all the kotbs, but who actually plays them as their main, and not just for city tank logging? Great source for data and it's interesting, but actual population and class %'s during most times of the day are not represented by this study, using it to enforce an point just doesn't hold much weight for me.

lyncher12
Posts: 225

Re: City Rewards change in patch

Post#27 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:08 pm

emiliorv wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:10 pm
lyncher12 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:25 pm
its also a lot more difficult to make a proper /5 warband on order because the only thing out there are aoe engineers and bws with the occasional archmage healer. no wps, no rps, no kotbs, etc.
You sure?....maybe review this post: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38063&start=460

WP and KOTBS are the most played classes on order...
doesn't mean all of them are lfg at the odd hour a city happens or that i will be able to invite them before someone else does

User avatar
M0rw47h
Posts: 627

Re: City Rewards change in patch

Post#28 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Acamano wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:25 pm
Okayyy that class data that was linked is not right lol. There is NO WAY that SW's are the 2nd to the last played class in the game! FAKE DATA! :) lol jk. Big credit to that guy for putting in the effort to record it, but that does not seem accurate. Plus all the kotbs, but who actually plays them as their main, and not just for city tank logging? Great source for data and it's interesting, but actual population and class %'s during most times of the day are not represented by this study, using it to enforce an point just doesn't hold much weight for me.
It was accurate, but guess what. We all geared our tanks months ago, and we won't log on them for city just to guard some random plebs from /5, when we can gear our alts? :)
Anathae [KotBS] / Anathea [WP] ( and couple others )
former Anathae [Zealot]

Ads
Rapzel
Posts: 84

Re: City Rewards change in patch

Post#29 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Mordd wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:07 pm
Rapzel wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:36 pm

Since you don't seem to understand even most bad destro know the end game gear is not handed out freely without any sort of effort.
The only stats of "You know the destro wining around 70% of all city instances." is from 2 months ago.
We don't know if they're legit (those also state 41% order winrate which leaves 59% for destro which is far from the 70% you state source: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39836).
These stats does not contain all the stages won, just the last one.

This was also during a period when Order was zerging to IC about 3 times a day (even before unlock), and the win rate seems to have evened out these past few weeks.
As long as we don't have the numbers of the amount of 24/18/12/6/solo queuers and stages won it doesn't really matter, nor do we have the data of distributed invader medallions/royal crests.

The interesting part is that the majority of people agree on the fact that Order have a select few careers that are seen as the best careers for cities (Slayers, KotBS, BW e.g.).
Yet people like you don't suggest nerfing these careers and buffing the careers that are not performing as well as these to balance out the faction, instead you suggest nerfing destro careers that can't even compete with their Order equivalent, because that would somehow magically make underperforming careers viable.
Recent actually sits about 65%. but hey your Destro you think thats great.
I didnt talk about any nerfs or buffs. make up more fake info for your losing argument. This thread was souly about the change to city bags and it hits one side worse than the other. You can make up all the fake arguments you like. the facts are the facts.
I play Order :)

Acamano
Posts: 61

Re: City Rewards change in patch

Post#30 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:25 pm

M0rw47h wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:14 pm
Acamano wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:25 pm
Okayyy that class data that was linked is not right lol. There is NO WAY that SW's are the 2nd to the last played class in the game! FAKE DATA! :) lol jk. Big credit to that guy for putting in the effort to record it, but that does not seem accurate. Plus all the kotbs, but who actually plays them as their main, and not just for city tank logging? Great source for data and it's interesting, but actual population and class %'s during most times of the day are not represented by this study, using it to enforce an point just doesn't hold much weight for me.
It was accurate, but guess what. We all geared our tanks months ago, and we won't log on them for city just to guard some random plebs from /5, when we can gear our alts? :)
Exactly! Just because we all have kotbs in invader doesn't mean it's indicative of what people actually play most of the day. Most people only played their kotbs for a tank when needed, and since it's the easiest, most people picked that up. I also agree with gearing alts when you have your main in the royal crest set you want. ( I have all 3 sets and still play my IB in city), I don't know what your question was regarding /5 and playing your alts, but yes is my answer.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests