Recent Topics

Ads

Remove Book of Binding CD

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Drys

Remove Book of Binding CD

Post#1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:40 am

Title says it all. I thought one of the best QoL improvements on RoR was removing the cooldown (CD) on the book of binding.

I can understand the CD in Live if the devs maybe wanted to force you to walk through zones, experience other gameplay, and admire their environment. There might even be a reason in RoR to have a CD on the book (e.g., prevent people from quickly moving from one zone to another). However, if I'm doing PvE content or farming mats, and I want to join a group elsewhere or jump back to the capitol it's a major detriment having to wait a full hour for the book to get off CD. I think especially for many of us that are older, have limited gameplay time, etc., it doesn't make sense to have to spend 5-10 minutes running to the nearest warcamp.

My suggestions are for any of the following:
  • Remove the CD Completely
    Reduce the book CD it to a reasonable level like 10m
    Put flight masters in all Chapter camps
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Ads
Elvicof

Re: Remove Book of Binding CD

Post#2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:57 am

You have BoB, recall scrolls and War-report to get you from you PvE spot to a flight master.

Beside that if you use 5-10 min to get around the maps you might wanna consider you route or your mount. Cause you arent doing it right
Moonlapse and VII

Kragg

Post#3 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Drys wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:40 am Title says it all. I thought one of the best QoL improvements on RoR was removing the cooldown (CD) on the book of binding.

I can understand the CD in Live if the devs maybe wanted to force you to walk through zones, experience other gameplay, and admire their environment. There might even be a reason in RoR to have a CD on the book (e.g., prevent people from quickly moving from one zone to another). However, if I'm doing PvE content or farming mats, and I want to join a group elsewhere or jump back to the capitol it's a major detriment having to wait a full hour for the book to get off CD. I think especially for many of us that are older, have limited gameplay time, etc., it doesn't make sense to have to spend 5-10 minutes running to the nearest warcamp.

My suggestions are for any of the following:
  • Remove the CD Completely
    Reduce the book CD it to a reasonable level like 10m
    Put flight masters in all Chapter camps
When older you should enjoy the view more, ya know? Travel a bit, meet new people/npc's.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Direbloodykiller

Post#4 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:42 pm

isnt it already a similar uselsess whine thread about this?

Drys

Post#5 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:47 pm

Sorry - I've heard in-game that some folks liked not having the book cooldown. But I didn't realize my not having a Book CD impacted your enjoyment and gameplay so much.

I suppose another option is that they could remove the CD and those that want to can pretend they still have a 60m CD on their book. Everyone wins.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Zxul

Post#6 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:42 pm

No to this, with 1 hour CD on book of binding zerg actually has to deal with getting out of areas giving the outnumbered side a chance to attack, instead of having free get out of zone after tick card.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Rydiak

Post#7 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:18 pm

God forbid people have to plan their travel routes, and not be able to switch zone pairings on a whim whenever they want. Hard pass.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

TreefAM

Post#8 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:21 pm

Have to commit more now, can't just book out wherever you want, before this I had easy time moving my 12 from zone to zone to break sieges/intercept warbands, now we have to decide if we want to waste book or to just ride to wc.
Like with war report, last night after we held outer funnel I told my 12 not to war report to Praag (or Reik I forgot which one was up) since we needed the war report in case order returned to siege Cale.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#9 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:33 pm

you can simply buy a hundred recall scrolls in the guild hall and all your problems will vanish into thin air :)

vanbuinen77

Post#10 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:14 pm

Oh, you mean the ones with a 2 hour cooldown?

Un huh...
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman