Recent Topics

Ads

Revitalizing RoR

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Misaji

Re: Revitalizing RoR

Post#11 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:17 pm

I agree with all the points, except the rat ogre and that's just because I never played on the Live server, but I agree that there must be changes to keep fights as well, since they are mind numbingly boring. So, if Rat Ogres can really help to make the keep fights more random, adding flavour than just watching different walls and doors for x amount of time until you are blasted away by aoe range spam, then I guess I am for the addition of Rat Ogres as well.

1. RvR kills having a chance of dropping invader/royal medals depending on RR and objective proximity is needed and if there are people that think that it isn't, maybe they should start playing the game and see how lame and boring RoR has become since the start of forts and now, the cherry on top of the **** cake, Cities. People push the campaign non stop, so that they can farm their gear and then either go onto the next character or just leave the game all together. There is nothing to do in rvr, besides watching keep doors for 20 min each zone, until its city and cities happen like 3 times a day now.
We had like 3k+ ppl online when Lazypeoon made his video, and now not only did we lose the majority of those people, we also lost many veterans due to this garbage keep/fort/city meta.
Making this grind for sov/invader doable in orvr is mandatory to bring back the fights in the zones, not just constant keep sieges and cities, this isn't an instanced mmo. Warhammer Online is not a Korean Grind fest for lifeless zombies, how on earth is a person who works from 9 to 5, has a family and has a deep love for Warhammer Ip and this game, supposed to get geared and have FUN doing that? Ruin his sleep schedule by setting alarms for cities and forts, cities which are so random in their uptime and fights? No thanks. This leads to Gravords second point.

2.Cities need more work, you can't have guild premades fighting pug warbands in an instanced pvp mode and call it endgame... this just doesn't work. Neither side is having fun, TUP stomping pugs? NGE stomping pugs? FMJ stomping pugs, PnP, Alliances, etc. MMR is needed, just like any other instanced pvp game, there must be something that pairs premades together. If an MMR system is doable and it can work for cities, it has to be done, otherwise this pathetic state of cities will continue until the people are done for good with the game and please don't tell me that , premade should do ranked scenarios if they want to be competitive, Ranked in this game is a joke, but I have no problem with people enjoying it, but don't pretend it is a thing in this game. RoR is far from balanced and small scale is just absurd to be called balanced and at a ranked ready state...
Having one EU city siege on a fixed timer per week and one for NA, should at least make it more viable for guilds and big premades to fight eacho ther and also it will help some people with their city siege attendance, because of work and real life.
Just like Gravords said, having crests drop from rvr will help people catch up and hopefully fight in the zones, don't treat this game as a Korean grind fest, don't make the same mistakes games like Black Desert made, by alienating their players with massive grind requirements in order to enjoy the pvp, which this game is supposed to be all about and this leads into Gravords third point.

3. PvE grind needs adjustments, RoR is incredibly not alt friendly. Even KR games like "Lost Ark" are revamping their entire system to make it easier for people to enjoy the game with different characters, but here we are, playing a 12 year old dead game on a private server, experiencing the same KR grind bullshit that even KR developers are trying to tone down. Why on earth do we have to run BB/BE 13 times to get the ring and then run it every week to get the damn talisman, which you can choose only one from city dungeons and then one from bastion stairs???? What if a character has more than one viable build and he already has the gear for his other specs, he can't play them properly, because he needs the damn jewel? A jewel that is locked behind a time gate of 7 days???? Are you kidding me???
What if people have more than one toon??? What if there are guilds/communities of people that are playing together and they want to have fun together so they switch characters in order for everybody to have fun? Well I guess s**w those guys, you have to be a douche as a leader or w/e and tell people to choose what they want to play for the week.... this whole pve grind makes no sense, I am sorry, but if people think it is fine to run constantly the same dungeons over and over, and over again, then you are out of your mind. This game has barely any dungeons in it and its main focus isn't even pve... IT IS PVP! ....but yeah run dungeons every week on five different characters, so that you can keep what you already earned...and spend countless hours grinding for. Do you see it now? The word "Grind" used over and over again? It is here, because currently RoR is a mindless grindfest with no goal, no pvp, just frustration.

I am not going to comment on Gravords fourth point, since I've never played on live, but if Ogres can help, why not.

I'm perfectly aware that this is a fan project that is trying to keep this game alive, also I'm aware that people love this game, just like I fell in love with it last year, but please don't do the same mistake all other MMORPGS have and alienate your playerbase with billshit grind requirements and lame siege/city metas that are incredibly boring and will just be the end of what could be a really good and enjoyable experience for all.

Cheers to Gravord for finally posting this, to the players that are still here, despite the current horrific state of RoR and the team behind RoR for keeping this game alive and hopefully fixing what is so broken right now, RvR.

Best regards,

Bashmasta.
Bashmasta
Grobarsh

Ads
Gravord

Post#12 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:26 pm

Spoiler:
Ysaran wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:06 pm I may be wrong but I think that ppl left RoR because it was summer. This happen every year (well, for at least three years). During summer ppl stop playing and then come back in fall, around October/November. I too stopped playing during summer and now, here I am again!
Theres few differences. Ive been told by devs that current population is similar to 1 year ago same time of the year. Except previous year we didnt have 3k bonus players from yt vid and no corona lockdowns increasing amount of time ppl can spend playing. If you count this factors actually population is pretty low compared to last year. Also due to constant siege meta very few guilds left able to field full guild wb. Used to be many of them, even expanding into second or third wb in some cases.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=36290

Krima

Post#13 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:43 pm

Gear from PVE grind its insane for me.. I Just dont have the patience and the time anymore.
32 years old + family.

good gear and BIS gear should all come from PVP/RVR/Scenarios
PVE gear = comestics, rare skins, unique dyes, pets, mounts

IMO
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Target2

Post#14 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:09 pm

Gravord wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:08 pm 3. Reducing pve grind

RoR replayability lie in good fights and alts. How to get more good fights was already described in point 1 and 2. Now lets go down to alts. Currently, when deciding to roll a new alt, biggest concern for most players is "do i want to go tru all the dung farm yet again?". And its a valid one. Exp, rr - with weekend event scenarios and renown pot its not a big deal. PvP gearing up the char is harder, especially with neccesary fort farm, but crest for kills concept solves that. Whats left is 13 city dungeons for just one ring thats mandatory in most builds. And sure, one could argue that they dont need best possible gear on every char, but then again, its natural player mentality to get all the best stuff for his characters and denying them that is rather effective way of driving players away. 3 Gunbad runs are fine, 3 Bastions for the weapon also fine. City dungeons however need tweaking. Going tru 13 of them for a ring and after that again every single week, for every single char, for the rest of your RoR gaming life just to keep the tali is not sustainable. Id propose this kind of solution:
- Ring to be removed from influence reward and replaced with something else, either unique weapon proc or just cosmetic item. That new final reward would be reached on 7th city dung run to make it standarized with BS.
- Added new repeatable quest that requires 5 city dungeon runs completed, rewarding with sentinel ring and token for permanent talisman of choice. Re-earning same talisman over and over again just to keep character ready to use is draining players will to play rather quick. Also, there are certain classes with more than one build avaiable. Best example would be a shield healer benefitting from block tali into one of his senti rings, heal crit for chalice build and melee crit/power for his dps build. As they receive more possible builds they would have to invest more time but thats only fair.
- Added to current tali merchant option to swap 5 current time limited talismans for new token that can be exchanged for permanent talisman. It should be time limited offer for 2-4 week after patch.
- Added weekly quest of decent reward for completing 1 full dungeon run, be it city, BS or Gunbad (or possibly a quest for each of them separately) - with rewards around purple 200 boxes/vials and some other goodies, to incentivize players who just like to do dungeons to participate in them more frequently for profit. With the usual tank/healer shortage those professional farmers would fill up the niche in groups rather nicely.

Possible drawbacks? Maybe, possibly, fever players doing dungeons in the long run but thats doubtfull. Myself id happily roll 5+ more chars if i didnt had "city dung every week for tali on each of them untill you die" on the back of my mind. With weekly quest reward pro dung runners would solve that issue if it would even occur at all.
That's a big +1 from me. Sentinel Jewel grind is the absolute worst part of this game and makes me never want to level or gear another character.

skillordz

Post#15 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:34 pm

+10

martholomew

Post#16 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:47 pm

Going through the intro cinematic and getting to a point where I can do T1 is what pushes me off of rolling alts, mostly. I miss playing this game A LOT, but the state of my favorite class, Magus, having literally one accepted useful endgame spec (Rift - something really easily fixable) which is quite a boring rotation to me, has put me off. And I just don't want to go back to leveling up another toon (which takes FOREVER) after all this time.

We don't all just want to play Zealots, Black Orcs and Chosen all day.
Magus 40/78

TreefAM

Post#17 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:06 pm

Sounds like good ****, I need more things to fight in the lakes, getting stale.

SPLATTERDATA

Post#18 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:44 pm

As a new player it has become painfully obvious that this game has problems. RvR is the heart and soul of this game and can be amazing at times, but this mentality of pushing zones with 2-3x more players than the opposing faction just to get to a fort and a city as quickly as possible is stale and boring. All these proposed changes are a fantastic way to bring out the best of the campaign and get the playerbase to seek out great fights instead of mass zerging again. Great suggestions Gravord.

Ads
wonshot

Post#19 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:24 pm

As one of the players who quit, the biggest reason was clearly; Lack of fun roaming fights. Simple as that.

Citysiege took attention from most guilds and EU orvr primetime started being a 2nd priority, where their players would rather log on for the cityfights/rewards.
The whole idea of having a realm-driven campaign on a free to play server, will just never really work as you cant stop crossrealming with free to play accounts. Yes people usually blame crossrealming, but fortthrowing, pushing on the enemy realm to reach forts/city early on for SURE happend, and 9/10 times when a fort fell it was because of throwing and never actually better organization or more topend players attending.

When the fights then all depend on the randomly generated instance fighting happening late at night or early mornings, or on off scheduel family days you cant really run a casual, or semi hardcore warband roster guild in this enviroment.

Improve the sieging & zonelocking to actually be fun in the game, if roaming is not supposed to be the main driving factor for players. if we assume orvr has the main appeal for the game and the server. Honestly, the 4 tanks playing a minigame on the ram and everyone behind the rammers being glorified bodyguards with 3minut oiltimers is just dull after you have collected your vanq bags you have close to zero interest in this encounter as it provides no engagement too often.

if the roaming and zergsplitting is the target, then battleobjectives need to be activated in a system where players want to hold, capture and maintaine the BOs so roamers can spread out, report movement and locations in region chat and turn it from a whinechat into a vibrant source of information.

But truth be told, this might just all be a content draught, and soon as land of the dead hits we all have new toys to grind for, for a bit.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#20 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:09 am

Please note that as much as we appreciate feedback and listen to them, the project has a specific path that drives the changes implemented by the developers team.

That being said, repeating the same feedback or circling around a similar one is not favorable and simply puts unnecessary pressure on the developers while they are either working on something else/new *wink wink*, playing the game or simply taking care of their actual lives (yes volunteer developers have a job and a life, just like us).

There are suggestions that will not see the light because they do not fall on the same path as the project's. This isn't in any way a method to keep suggestions away, on the opposite, it's mainly to clarify that these changes will hardly ever happen and sparing everyone's time is just better in such cases, hence why the topic has been locked. To give you an example related to me; multiple people have shared the same feedback regarding Twitch Drops mount reward becoming permanent; it's a nice feedback and it's understandable, but it's not the shape we want for the Drops. Will 50 suggestions make the mounts permanent? No.

Same story:
- City Sieges opinions (the way queues work, the rewards, the competitiveness or lack of competitiveness) have all been heard several times.
- Ranked SCs opinions (the way they work, the rewards and the queue time) have also all been heard several times.
- Implementing a new faction, a new mob, a new playable race opinions have all been heard several times.
- Players dropping city/fort loot when killed has also been shared multiple times.
- Blobbing in RvR, roaming in RvR, have been shared multiple times.
- Speeding up the leveling process, becoming alt-friendly, has also been shared multiple times.

If you have a feedback that does not reopen endless discussions regarding a topic that has already been refuted, please feel free to share.