Recent Topics

Ads

I kinda want a huge final battle instead of current city format...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Which format do you want the final climactic battle to be?

24v24 warband clash
39%
240v180 fortress clash
9%
ORVR all in
52%
Total votes: 99

Seravajan

Re: I kinda want a huge final battle instead of current city format...

Post#31 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:49 am

I'm for a 36 vs 36 mode on somewhat larger than scenario maps. This will get a more battlelike feeling.

Ads
billyk

Post#32 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:02 am

We can probably agree that the SC format for city is not really working well. PUGs vs Premades all the time, like in SCs.
However, while I would prefer oRvR format, let's be real: The lag would be legendary, effectively locking endgame content for anyone but people with high end rigs and/or a huge tolerance for frustration.
Therefore, I voted for the fort format.

Kaelang

Post#33 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:51 am

billyk wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:02 am We can probably agree that the SC format for city is not really working well. PUGs vs Premades all the time, like in SCs.
However, while I would prefer oRvR format, let's be real: The lag would be legendary, effectively locking endgame content for anyone but people with high end rigs and/or a huge tolerance for frustration.
Therefore, I voted for the fort format.
Regardless of your computer specs, the lag would hit everyone. The game isn't optimised for the specs of computers we have today, so theoretically it doesn't understand how to utilise the extra power even if it's being thrown at it.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#34 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:57 am

I would've liked to try 48v48 format

Detangler

Post#35 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:17 pm

I think the real reason why city fights feel so anticlimactic is because of how EMPTY they are compared to non siege times or the orvr campaign.

I know pve is not the focus of this game, but adding more NPC guards, possibly endlessly respawning guards from both sides that run towards each other and fight in the middle like MOBAs may make the game feel more alive during cuty fights. Make them have actual health so they don't just vaporize, add a spattering of champs and heroes in the mix.

Might make it harder to camp spawn if you're also dealing with constant guards if tweaked properly.

Also itd be fun to murder some merchants.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable