Recent Topics

Ads

Spawning in Keeps

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Spellbound

Spawning in Keeps

Post#1 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:55 am

Read a post where they didn’t like the current keep defense system.

I’d like to have something similar to what DAOC had where you needed Towers to port to the keep.

Suggestion: Only while the keep is under siege, if the defending realm owns all 4 BOs, it’ll immediately spawn a portal at each BO. If one BO lost, portal stays up still for 20 more seconds.

What this does is allow players that don’t like keep sieges to defend BOs while others are sieging.

Allows players to PvP more in open field and provide more value to holding BOs while you’re sieging. Attackers will need to strategize more if they want to prevent porters into the keep. Which in turn will have less people at the keep but also then allows defenders to try to run in the traditional way.

Once the inner door is down, portal stops working.

This also will have defenders to decide if they want to hold the BOs until more defenders show up (WB), then port with them rather than staggering in.

I think this will provide more dynamic to keep sieges and importance of BO control during siege. Make sure the portal doesn’t allow you to carry supplies.

Ads
Ysaran

Re: Spawning in Keeps

Post#2 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:13 am

i'm not a pro RvR-fan in some big organized-RvR guild but this idea actually sound cool to me
Zputadenti