Recent Topics

Ads

PvE: Give Boss Loot to dead Party Members

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kyraith

PvE: Give Boss Loot to dead Party Members

Post#1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:03 am

Recently was fighting a dungeon boss. The main (and only) tank went down with the boss at 25%, and the white lion stepped in and held aggro for as long as the healers could keep him up. WL goes down with the boss at like 9%, one of the healers goes down with boss at 4%, SW kites the boss but goes down with the boss at 0%, boss dies a second later. Was a lot of fun and we felt so good that we pulled off the win.

The only issue is that only the 2 remaining group members were given loot. Sure we all got quest credit, but why were we excluded from the loot rolls? Should parties always have to restart a boss as soon as one party member goes down? Does that make the experience more fun or challenging in a way that is beneficial to the game and its players? I do not see any reason to not give loot to dead party members in a boss fight. It does not make the game more fair/balanced, and it certainly does not make the game more fun and enjoyable.

Anyway: TL/DR

It seems like a negative feature that dead party members do not get loot during a boss fight. PvE is already one of the worst aspects of this game, no reason to punish parties that barely pull of a win.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: PvE: Give Boss Loot to dead Party Members

Post#2 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:02 am

You can die but you have to finish boss within 5 minutes or your contribution is gone. I assume it took you longer.
Dying is no option.

anarchypark

Post#3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:36 pm

turn off autoroll on purple+ loot.
because rolling while dead exclude you from roll.

if someone loot while you're dead
just don't click roll until get rezzed.
everything is fine if you click roll after revived.

a lot of ppl asking don't loot when someone is dead but dead member can roll after rezzed.

it seems bug but solution is so simple.
avoid bug until it get fixed.

fyi, if everyone dead same time with boss, at least 1 person remain dead for rez and loot. cuz release remove loot privilege.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Lithenir

Post#4 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:04 pm

Solution is pretty simple. Do not touch the respawn button and loot after every dead person is being ressed.
Your party has 5 minutes to kill the boss and for you to have contribution, after that you should reset the boss because you are excluded from loot roll.

Kyraith

Post#5 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:47 am

I do not think any of these responses are correct. I could be mistaken here but:

The fight in question was Ard to Feed, and the loot is given PQ style as soon as the boss dies, but anyone who is dead does not get included in the loot chest. That was my understanding of the issue.

Telther

Post#6 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:40 am

Why not make them all like BS or the city dungeons, the loot is on the boss. Not the buggy pq system.

Manatikik

Post#7 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:51 am

Kyraith wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:47 am I do not think any of these responses are correct. I could be mistaken here but:

The fight in question was Ard to Feed, and the loot is given PQ style as soon as the boss dies, but anyone who is dead does not get included in the loot chest. That was my understanding of the issue.
Gunbad is the only system like this and they changed it relatively recently (6 months) and this was a work around to make the dungeon shorter.
<Montague><Capulet>

Telther

Post#8 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:41 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:51 am
Kyraith wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:47 am I do not think any of these responses are correct. I could be mistaken here but:

Gunbad is the only system like this and they changed it relatively recently (6 months) and this was a work around to make the dungeon shorter.
With as buggy as the dungeon is, I think the normal system would be quicker. A tuning wouldn’t be bad to help new people with the dungeon, it is the entry level dungeon (and good not very pug friendly, and time taken is much longer in there between all the wings.

Ads