Recent Topics

Ads

Feedback on city matchmaking

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
badoglio

Re: Feedback on city matchmaking

Post#51 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:08 pm

mrmarmota wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:38 pm
zumos2 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:45 pm
Astraosh wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:41 pm

when your guild TUP will start playing fair in oRvR we will consider staying :D
What is that supposed to mean? RvR by definition isn't fair. In fact MMORPGs are almost never fair cause not everyone has the same gear/rank etc.
I find RvR very fair, and enjoyable, my guild can sometimes even stand up to to bigger, older better geared guilds at times, no such thing in city.
but......you blobbed an ENTIRE EVENING with Vanusk + pugs to stomp wbs running around alone :|
please stop this nosense

Ads
mrmarmota

Post#52 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:22 pm

badoglio wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:08 pm
mrmarmota wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:38 pm
zumos2 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:45 pm
What is that supposed to mean? RvR by definition isn't fair. In fact MMORPGs are almost never fair cause not everyone has the same gear/rank etc.
I find RvR very fair, and enjoyable, my guild can sometimes even stand up to to bigger, older better geared guilds at times, no such thing in city.
but......you blobbed an ENTIRE EVENING with Vanusk + pugs to stomp wbs running around alone :|
please stop this nosense
No ? We literally never do that, we run around as a full WB, or actually as close as we can get to one, and pick fights with other wbs, we frequently have fights where we are outnumbered as we are still growing. And by the way my feelings about RvR extend to pugs, i've played most of my time with pug warbands, and I truly think it's a good game mode outside of forts and bad reward system for people that need invader/sov.

badoglio

Post#53 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:38 pm

cant trust words from someone organizing a ganking group in manor during the Memorial event in praag graveyard (spamming laughs /ecc to corpses of solo players that were coming to the event)

time to close this useless thread has come probably

mrmarmota

Post#54 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:46 pm

badoglio wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:38 pm cant trust words from someone organizing a ganking group in manor during the Memorial event in praag graveyard (spamming laughs /ecc to corpses of solo players that were coming to the event)

we didn't ? we were sieging the keep, who do you think we are ?

Astraosh

Post#55 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:55 pm

badoglio wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:38 pm cant trust words from someone organizing a ganking group in manor during the Memorial event in praag graveyard (spamming laughs /ecc to corpses of solo players that were coming to the event)

We were sieging the keep and when the time came, we arrived to graveyard as planned and kept few minutes of utter silence in our discord. When we paid our respects we continued our siege. We killed one WL by mistake since we didn't understand they were leaving in peace near manor, but when we saw people leaving (while walking) we literally didn't bother anyone and left zone. Stop the lies. I even personally said to my team to ask sorry from that WL. If you lie, do it to someone else

nolofinwe1991

Post#56 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:24 pm

Olethros boooo!!!
~ Hythonia Sorc rr83 ~
~ Nolofinwe SM rr80 ~

Astraosh

Post#57 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:21 pm

funny how some nobodies appear out of nowhere :D

delarmgo

Post#58 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:35 pm

Hey guys, this is my first post as I tend to just silently nod (or not) when i see threads that i agree to but generally i keep to myself and expect the devs to (at some point) come around to fixing things, since in essence, the only reason we get to play this game is them.

I've been playing since April and got two of my toons to 80+ and in Sov gear, partly thanks to being at home, mostly though because i really like this game and the fun you get when you pit hundreds of players against each other.

Dunno who any of you are and your standing within the community. What I did see in this thread is a player setting a legitimate question to the community, one that i have asked myself frequently as I mostly have either boring cities against pugs, or impossible cities against enormously powerful warbands that roll us over in seconds. Very rarely i have found myself in fights that, even when I lost, i considered worth my time simply because they were FUN.

I'm not ignorant or arrogant enough to assume that i know how to fix a game (even though i'm a game designer with an M.A.), because that is an effort that is not, in ANY way, achievable by any single person for a game the scale of RoR.

I still chose to read this thread because i wanted to see where this discussion would lead, if any constructive criticism could be made and if any suggestions sounded plausible like the OP asked. Instead what i got was memes, name calling, trolling and passive-aggressive comments from people that i assume think there is nothing wrong with the endgame content of RoR.

I mean half the reason puggers stay afk in cities is because they understand that they have no hope of winning against premades and go after some easy invaders/royals to the detriment of everyone else in the WB. I've seen this happen so many times, i don't even feel annoyed by it any more (which is a bad thing to say about anything), and if you're reading this and think that you've never witnessed this happen, then we're probably not playing the same game.

Anyhoo, said my piece, gonna return to my place of silent nodding. I know i probably won't see any constructive discussion here but it doesn't hurt to hope ;)
Last edited by delarmgo on Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Shanell

Post#59 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:53 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:20 pm If we wanted it to be heavily matchmade, it would have easily been implemented that way.

We're well aware that some people would prefer to soloqueue for every piece of content in the game with minimal interaction among other people and hope the system appropriately places them in a situation where mild efforts might carry them to victory, but this piece of content at the highest end of the game asks for a higher level of coordination.
Why not make a situation in which people who "prefer to soloqueue for every piece of content" will meet other people who prefer the same, but make it less rewarding than being in premade wb vs premade wb. Like 1/2 of bags that premade mirrors have.
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#60 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:08 pm

Shanell wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:53 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:20 pm If we wanted it to be heavily matchmade, it would have easily been implemented that way.

We're well aware that some people would prefer to soloqueue for every piece of content in the game with minimal interaction among other people and hope the system appropriately places them in a situation where mild efforts might carry them to victory, but this piece of content at the highest end of the game asks for a higher level of coordination.
Why not make a situation in which people who "prefer to soloqueue for every piece of content" will meet other people who prefer the same, but make it less rewarding than being in premade wb vs premade wb. Like 1/2 of bags that premade mirrors have.
You have content you can soloqueue into, they have appropriate rewards. Cities are not solo-able, and have appropriate rewards. The high level tier of play requires teamwork and awareness of group composition to reliably win, not getting lucky with a queue. If you enjoy solo content, feel free to continue queueing for the pug scenario, running in open warbands, or yolo-ing into the city where you're much more likely to get stomped. The options for you to play at a high level are the same for everyone in the city. Organize your groups, coordinate your strategy, and reap the rewards.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog