Recent Topics

Ads

Feedback on city matchmaking

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Astraosh

Re: Feedback on city matchmaking

Post#11 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:58 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:54 pm
Astraosh wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:53 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:51 pm Don't queue until you fill out a warband?
This is NOT a solution. We form with a team we know. Such answers are pretty much forcing people to just queue solo and pug it
What part of this are you struggling with?
The part that there are no offered or suggested solutions to your answers. Forming a wb with people you don't know, is pretty much losing the fight as well. Are they going to spec the correct mastery/rr points? how can you find out fast in 10 min when you also need to recruit people in warband and make at least a decent format.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#12 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:02 pm

Astraosh wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:58 pm
Astraosh wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:53 pm

This is NOT a solution. We form with a team we know. Such answers are pretty much forcing people to just queue solo and pug it
The part that there are no offered or suggested solutions to your answers. Forming a wb with people you don't know, is pretty much losing the fight as well. Are they going to spec the correct mastery/rr points? how can you find out fast in 10 min when you also need to recruit people in warband and make at least a decent format.
I suspect most people who are able to form a warband have a lot of friends, are part of a larger guild/alliance, or are well known on the server to be friendly or successful on the battlefield. Or they just pick up pugs at random which is mildly better than the matchmaking that intentionally doesn't exist in city queueing. Be prepared ahead of time, it's not like there's some big surprise when a city instance is imminent, unless you're just a city logger.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Astraosh

Post#13 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:05 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:02 pm

I suspect most people who are able to form a warband have a lot of friends, are part of a larger guild/alliance, or are well known on the server to be friendly or successful on the battlefield. Or they just pick up pugs at random which is mildly better than the matchmaking that intentionally doesn't exist in city queueing. Be prepared ahead of time, it's not like there's some big surprise when a city instance is imminent, unless you're just a city logger.
Funny answer! Our team is big enough but did you consider that at least half of us work, have families etc? We cannot have all people online at the same time. If order can do it, well good for them. Moreover, we fought nearly for 2 hours before city to get zones and personally led the attack on Stonewatch. We will actually log when we can.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#14 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:06 pm

Astraosh wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:05 pm

Funny answer! Our team is big enough but did you consider that at least half of us work, have families etc? We cannot have all people online at the same time. If order can do it, well good for them. Moreover, we fought nearly for 2 hours before city to get zones and personally led the attack on Stonewatch. We will actually log when we can.
I wasn't aware that you were recruiting people for your warband from your workplace and your families, that's an impressive dedication to the game, and it's very much appreciated!

Astraosh

Post#15 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:08 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:06 pm
Astraosh wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:05 pm

I wasn't aware that you were recruiting people for your warband from your workplace and your families, that's an impressive dedication to the game, and it's very much appreciated!
How to kill a conversation: Wargrimnir edition

Rumpel

Post#16 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:15 pm

Can't the system match Players after Guildtags which grouped for city sc or something like this?
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

badoglio

Post#17 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:18 pm

Build a 24 man wb so next time u fight instead of porting out of city siege.
Matchmaking doesnt exist because you get nothing by "doing a premade" with less people, from what u just said i could just create my 12 full sover premade and stomp lowgeared premades joining, the thing u probably hoped for queuing in less than 24

ps. i was against u in the last 2 cities
Last edited by badoglio on Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lyncher12

Post#18 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:20 pm

plz fix matchmaking so olethrows ONLY gets premades instead of engineer pugs, ty in advance.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#19 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:20 pm

If we wanted it to be heavily matchmade, it would have easily been implemented that way.

We're well aware that some people would prefer to soloqueue for every piece of content in the game with minimal interaction among other people and hope the system appropriately places them in a situation where mild efforts might carry them to victory, but this piece of content at the highest end of the game asks for a higher level of coordination.

CyunUnderis

Post#20 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:21 pm

As Wargrimmir said, form a warband.

Try to see which player is doing his job properly and which one is not during a city. Add the good players as friends in game and run away from the bad ones. Play on Discord. On Discord, you can link some meta build (or good build) for each class.

In short, create an organized warband with Discord and some builds.