Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
NicAtNight

Re: [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

Post#61 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:54 am

Hello all, thank you for stopping by my stream during the event. I met many of you and had a great time. This is a collection of the conversations I had with chat over the event.

1. Rewards:
- Where the rewards fair?
Overall my chat seemed happy with what they got, though one the second and third day it was uncertain if 1) RNG drops would work after the 40 hours or 2) who needed what left. I reached out but didn't hear back till after the end of the third day. There also was some frustration that I didn't know the secret drops as if I was holding out when in reality I just wasn't told. In the future perhaps just let everyone know?

There were some conversations around a trophy for the events, the couple times it was brought up it sounded like people wanted to celebrate the events which I thought was cool.
People liked the dyes but wished they got more of the color they wanted vs the box

- Is the RNG fair? We're talking about intended rare rewards.

I understand from reading the forums after the event that the timers were still going on, I think this type of info should have been shared with all streamers, assuming some of them knew and others didn't but I checked with Zombie and a couple others as we must have missed the discord message so I apologize if it was presented and I missed it.

- Would a Bind on Pickup (BoP) system suit you for the rewards? They won't be sellable anymore and you might get stuck with them.
Not sure it would matter, seemed most people were after the pet, mount and what ever secret stuff was alluded to on the forums.. most of those are BoP already.

2. Hours required:
- Where the hours required fair?
- Which method pleased you more: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers?

3. Quests:
- Were the quests engaging/new/challenging?

The RNG of the quests meant the chance people in my stream having it wasn't as high so we didn't get to a point where people were that interested in it. The SC one was short sweet but wasn't in my opinion a community driving event. The main RVR track would have been interesting, also promoting the streamers working together.

There was talk about what could be done to improve the new player experience, we figured as you move forward with this, one of your main goals is to pull streamers from other MMO communities to increase the viewership on the server as a whole. Giving the streamers the ability to start / share newbie quests that they could work on together and quickly get to level 16 so they could join the larger wars would improve the likelihood people stuck around. Some of the stream times for the evening US streamers were dead in t1 so helping my community level meant SCs for hours...

- Were the quests' rewards fair?
N/A
- Were the quests too long/too short?
N/A

4. Streamers:

- Do you think there were a lot of streamers? Is it bad/good?

That NicAtNight guy, let me tell ya... In all honesty I actually thought the streaming community was great and very inviting. I enjoyed working with them and look forward to the collaboration in plans...

- Was the streamer's quest item annoying?
- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names)?

No issue but several of us did feel bad about the chunky raids/hosts. As mentioned there was not a lot of organic movement of viewers so it was hard to pass the love around.

- Have you watched more than one streamer?

- Have you met new streamers? Yep, I think the next go around there will likely be more collaboration between the streamers to help alleviate some of the long nights and make sure we do a better job of making sure everyone gets a chance to be highlighted.

Again thanks for a great opportunity and great weekend, will be seeing you all on the battlefield!

-NicAtNight

Ads
zij83

Post#62 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:38 pm

1. Rewards:
- Where the rewards fair?

All but the RNG, I have talked to a number of people who streamed almost the entire timer and didn't get any of the RNG rewards.

- Is the RNG fair? We're talking about intended rare rewards. I

I'd say maybe it isn't working?

- Would a Bind on Pickup (BoP) system suit you for the rewards? They won't be sellable anymore and you might get stuck with them.

Yes

2. Hours required:
- Where the hours required fair?

I think it's a bit too high if you're wanting real engagement and not people just setting up streams and walking away.

- Which method pleased you more: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers?

Multiple

3. Quests:
- Were the quests engaging/new/challenging?

I didn't do any of them

- Were the quests' rewards fair?

NA

- Were the quests too long/too short?

NA

4. Streamers:
- Do you think there were a lot of streamers? Is it bad/good?

Yes, it was good

- Was the streamer's quest item annoying?

Maybe it was a bit too long

- Did you have any issue with a streamer (do not write any names)?

No

- Have you watched more than one streamer?

Yes

- Have you met new streamers?

Yes

Sigford

Post#63 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:54 pm

From the view point of one of the streamers. I would be interested in seeing the event last a week and increasing the view hours for the drops. I may be a minority and I know that this event is meant to also compliment the weekend event, but this would allow people with off hour schedules more time to partake/benefit. I personally can't do extended gameplay on Friday/Saturday's which only gives me Sunday and early into the morning on Mondays (NA time) to gain full benefits from the streamer point of view. That being said I thoroughly enjoy this event and the extra community it brings for both streamers and viewers! Thanks for all you guys do in and outside the game!

1. Rewards:
- Where the rewards fair? Yes
- Is the RNG fair? We're talking about intended rare rewards. ISH, I know it was mean't to be rare rewards and you don't want everyone to get them, but it was a bit spotty. Unable to give reliable feedback with out knowing the numbers of those drops going out compared to avg viewers of the game throughout the weekend.

2. Hours required:
- Which method pleased you more: Watching 1 streamer or watch any/multiple streamers? I think Multiple streamers is best, gives the community more incentive to go and watch different streamers throughout the event to make more connections etc. Also benefits the smaller streamers.
Dachosen - 8X Chosen
<Ere We Go> - GM
The NoBodies -Alliance

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#64 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:19 pm

Bumping one last time in case anyone still have any feedback to share.

We're always giving 7 days to gather all feedback related to previous Twitch Drops events, in order to get as many attention and feedback as possible.

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#65 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:19 am

Otherwordly favour dont work for me. Claimed and received this chest but interact with it do nothing.

Fai

Post#66 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:50 pm

why do some of the rewards expire (mount carrier / talisman making supplies), while others dont (champion's title, bestial token, pet carrier)?
there has been no comment about it unlike the first twitch drops where a deadline has been set...(i want my mount!) :(

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#67 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:54 am

Fai wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:50 pm why do some of the rewards expire (mount carrier / talisman making supplies), while others dont (champion's title, bestial token, pet carrier)?
there has been no comment about it unlike the first twitch drops where a deadline has been set...(i want my mount!) :(
The deadline has been set to 7 days since the start of the Drops and we mentioned it multiple times on the forums, official Discord and on the client you use to login. Moreover, the expiry date is clearly visible in the list of rewards.

I don't mind being pointed at if I did not inform you but come on... You even ignored the actual client.

mongothebarbarian

Post#68 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:54 pm

Disappointed to see they expired so quickly as well. I was waiting to be a higher level to claim them.

As for "multiple warnings" on their expiration date, you expect people to read a giant post about twitch drops when its literally click a link to link the accounts? Doesn't matter if that block post was on the client or the forum. When I checked the rewards page on the monday after there was nothing about it expiring in 7 days.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#69 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:17 pm

mongothebarbarian wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:54 pm Disappointed to see they expired so quickly as well. I was waiting to be a higher level to claim them.

As for "multiple warnings" on their expiration date, you expect people to read a giant post about twitch drops when its literally click a link to link the accounts? Doesn't matter if that block post was on the client or the forum. When I checked the rewards page on the monday after there was nothing about it expiring in 7 days.
You read the posts about how to get them, one might expect you read the posts about when they expire, or see any of the many messages regarding it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fai

Post#70 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:15 pm

so why do they have different times when they expire?
and why has the time span shortened in comparison to the first twitch drops?