Recent Topics

Ads

Thunder Valley Rampage Event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
CelestianGC

Thunder Valley Rampage Event

Post#1 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:26 pm

The Thunder Valley scenario event is a different style of SC. The one thing I noticed is that while everyone is nascaring around trying to keep the flags captured there isn't much "killing" going on. I think cutting the event requirement of 100 kills to 50 is more in line with this style of event.

Ads
Duukar

Re: Thunder Valley Rampage Event

Post#2 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:32 pm

I have no problem getting 10-15 kills each match in TM. Pick a couple points to defend and stick with em and the kills will rack up pretty quick. You are in for at least 10 matches.

These event push your comfort zone a bit and it’s a good thing. They pop FAST and don’t last too too long in TM.

Just enjoy.

Grock

Post#3 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:51 pm

One more thing came to my mind is that the map is so big you spend a lot of time moving around, yet at the same time round ends so short you barely have any time to actually play.

I think maybe slowing down point generation to slow down the scenario could be an improvement? (with increase in final rewards to compensate)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

zumos2

Post#4 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:00 pm

Lol you want it even easier ...
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Martok

Post#5 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:17 am

I thought the Devs could easily have set the kill count for this event at 200. The TV sub-quest were not difficult to complete.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Sulorie

Post#6 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:52 am

They should half the kill objective and double the flag cap objectives. I mean, the whole purpose of this sc is to avoid the enemy and circle around to cap flags.
Flag-capping-overlords might be confused with 100 kill.

On a serious note, the sc ends too fast, sometimes with like 4 kills max.
Dying is no option.

Grock

Post#7 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:16 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:52 amOn a serious note, the sc ends too fast, sometimes with like 4 kills max.
This is the core issue here

People complained in the past that they have TV, so devs made it end quickly, but now even tho you can spam it like crazy you barely get to play the actual game, 90% of it is moving from flag to flag, and then it ends abruptly
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Post#8 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:36 pm

Loving the weekend event, plz don't change

Ads
Xae

Post#9 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:37 pm

Should have named the event "Days of Thunder Valley" after the 90s NASCAR movie.

sogeou

Post#10 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:48 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:52 am They should half the kill objective and double the flag cap objectives. I mean, the whole purpose of this sc is to avoid the enemy and circle around to cap flags.
Flag-capping-overlords might be confused with 100 kill.

On a serious note, the sc ends too fast, sometimes with like 4 kills max.
Maybe you are doing something wrong. You know where everyone is. It is very easy to get 5-10 kills just one person.