Recent Topics

Ads

Recent Rune of Nullification nerf

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
samster

Recent Rune of Nullification nerf

Post#1 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Please revert the recent change that made the heal debuff only work with single target spells.
Runepriest dps spells are a joke as is, and that change is insult to injury.

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Recent Rune of Nullification nerf

Post#2 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:46 pm

Unless your name is Windblock, the game design frowns upon AoE-applied incoming heal debuffs. Runepriest wasn't the only class to have their ability to AoE incoming heal debuff removed.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#3 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:14 pm

samster wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:43 pm Please revert the recent change that made the heal debuff only work with single target spells.
Zealot was nerfed in same way long time ago...RP keeping his aoe healdebuff while zealot was nerfed was the real "insult to injury"..

Grock

Post#4 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:32 pm

samster wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:43 pm Please revert the recent change that made the heal debuff only work with single target spells.
It was nerfed almost a year ago if not more. Today's patch just a tooltip fix.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Foofmonger

Post#5 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:12 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:32 pm
It was nerfed almost a year ago if not more. Today's patch just a tooltip fix.
Sad part is, I wonder if hes been using it for the last whole year spamming AoE spells thinking it was doing anything.

samster

Post#6 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:34 am

Zealot can still kick a little ass, as it has somewhat of a burst.
And the debuff did work with Rune of Battle and Rune of Might up until recently - wonder no more, Footmonger.

TreefAM

Post#7 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:18 am

Didn't NGE run a dps runi in their cities with some crazy high dmg?

Foofmonger

Post#8 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:27 pm

samster wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:34 am Zealot can still kick a little ass, as it has somewhat of a burst.
And the debuff did work with Rune of Battle and Rune of Might up until recently - wonder no more, Footmonger.
So you were abusing an exploit for a year instead of reporting the bug?

Nice job?

Ads
Fatpig

Post#9 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:27 pm
samster wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:34 am Zealot can still kick a little ass, as it has somewhat of a burst.

Nice job?
Wouldn't call it an exploit tbh Foof, if the tool tip doesn't say it
I've only just hit 40 myself on my RP and i asked the question as i had "heard" that it only worked on single target, but couldn't find any clarification

Foofmonger

Post#10 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:32 pm

Fatpig wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:11 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:27 pm

Nice job?
Wouldn't call it an exploit tbh Foof, if the tool tip doesn't say it
I've only just hit 40 myself on my RP and i asked the question as i had "heard" that it only worked on single target, but couldn't find any clarification
It's entirely possible that people were "unaware" that the tactic was bugged (due to the tooltip issue) as you mention. This is not "abusing an exploit", as you point out, since you don't even know it's an exploit. Therefore one would not be "abusing it". In this case, you were "using" an exploit, unknowingly.

"Abusing an exploit" implies that the individual 1. Knows that correct functionality. 2. Realizes that they are using the ability in a exploitative way. 3. Instead of reaching out to the devs to fix the problem, continues to use the bug/exploit in their favor.

So theres a large degree of "intention" here when saying something is "abusing an exploit".

The last poster implied he's been using it for a year while knowing it was bugged, instead of informing the devs of the bug to get it fixed. That would imply abuse of exploit. That doesn't mean every RP player would have been abusing it by any means.