Recent Topics

Ads

Solo city queue

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Przepraszam

Solo city queue

Post#1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:51 am

Can we have soloers to play with eachother please??? im sure there will be enough to make 1 instance, basicly every solo instance im in i meet premades of some sort, and dont tell me to join guild/party beacuse im obviosly too awsome for that, unfortenatly my awsomness is not enough for wb of destro premade :/
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Solo city queue

Post#2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:30 am

farng84

Post#3 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:47 am

While I would agree to having more than one pug scenario in the weekly list I would be strongly against your proposal.

Pugging in city should be discouraged as that is the final assault of the game, even semi organised group is better than pug (you find overflow groups looking for city). If they don't pick you up start a group (WE often do this as they have a hard time finding a slot) takes just a few minutes and you solved the issue.
I don't have a guild and sometimes I don't have time/luck when looking for group, or I just want to have fun and I queue solo. In those cases just accept that it can go south (like really south) and have a laugh, sometimes you find a lucky pug and you have one of the best fight ever.

Choice is yours, but what would be the point in making city a pug scenario?

Nosun

Post#4 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:03 am

After tonight I am done with city for a while which I haven't really been doing anyway since bag changes but I did it tonight since it was rank 5. The don't pug and find a group I agree with but what you have to understand is for some classes no group wants you. Even at 80+ and geared I can never get a group that will take me as dps AM and even if spec heals just to do city I can only get a group about half the time that will take an AM.

farng84

Post#5 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:31 am

I agree, I play tank and dps, if I try to city as dps I really have a hard time finding group.
But the other option is still valid, start the group, it's a little bit of work but if puggers see the LFM call they will message you a lot and should be able to create 2-2-2 (or almost) in a short time. Sure you might have to take some IB instead of kotbs (but I like the short fella better so I would be for such an arrangement), and might have to add a couple of WH to the party but still it should not take too much effort.
It won't be the best meta but a competitive party nonetheless

Rapzel

Post#6 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:38 am

Nosun wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:03 am After tonight I am done with city for a while which I haven't really been doing anyway since bag changes but I did it tonight since it was rank 5. The don't pug and find a group I agree with but what you have to understand is for some classes no group wants you. Even at 80+ and geared I can never get a group that will take me as dps AM and even if spec heals just to do city I can only get a group about half the time that will take an AM.
Are you infamous for being bad?
AM heals are pretty good so idk what you're talking about, and with the constant spam in lfg/ad about how order lacks heals and tanks I don't understand how you can't find groups as a 80+ AM.
Maybe that's a a reason why order keeps losing city, they just mass kotbs, SM, RP, BW, WP and think that they can WB bomb like they did in ORvR 3-7 years ago.

normanis

Post#7 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:49 pm

3-7 years ago order was not so nerfed.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"