Recent Topics

Ads

Feedback: Why exactly was it bad that scenario kills were scenario-wide?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Oglaf
Suspended

Feedback: Why exactly was it bad that scenario kills were scenario-wide?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:51 pm

Seriously, currently spending a ridiclously long time trying to get the 5 kills required for my WP to get his Keeper. This is a cruel joke now. I can only dread the Beastlord quests which not only require way more kills, but also specific enemy classes. Way to eff over healers and tanks while favouring r/mdps classes for these quests.

Why was this change needed exactly? If I ASSIST in a kill (i.e heal or debuff the killed player) I should be getting kill contribution regardless of which party I belong to.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Feedback: Why exactly was it bad that scenario kills were scenario-wide?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:57 pm

Have you tried joining a group with a DPS class?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:04 am

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:57 pm Have you tried joining a group with a DPS class?
Even if I do, what's warranting said group having to compete with every other scenario party in the scenario?

Why this... PvP within PvP? The game clearly meant for Warband/Scenarios to function like parties but bigger to encompass all the players.

Why change that exactly?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:19 am

I know you don't want to see the answer. It's to push solo players into groups, and for groups to be competitive rather than leftover slop.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#5 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:37 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:19 am I know you don't want to see the answer. It's to push solo players into groups, and for groups to be competitive rather than leftover slop.
While I understand wanting to do that, I honestly can't see it being worth totally axing the shared scenario-wide kill contribution in this way.

If you're contributing to the kill... you deserve kill contribution rewards.

Also, DPS careers can always try to "kill steal" from other parties now whereas healers and tanks don't really have any option to affect their out-of-group kill contribution/"kill stealing". Just seems so... wholly unfair.

Xumae

Post#6 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:52 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:19 am I know you don't want to see the answer. It's to push solo players into groups, and for groups to be competitive rather than leftover slop.
what if i my character is a lone wolf that does not afraid of anything? 🤔
Nezeb rr8x dps dok
Demonlarry rr7x Magus
Squigdakka rr7xSquig herder
Mcronalds rr6x Mara

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:57 am

Xumae wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:52 am
what if i my character is a lone wolf that does not afraid of anything? 🤔
Then nothing will change your animalistic tendencies, and you will prosper in the face of adversity like a true creature of darkness.

MaxHayman
Management

Post#8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:20 pm

- Kill credit is shared with entire warband or group of the player that did top damage.

This went live in a hotfix Thursday afternoon.
Max Hayman

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#9 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:25 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:57 am Then nothing will change your animalistic tendencies, and you will prosper in the face of adversity like a true creature of darkness.

Hear, Hear! Well said! :D
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Skyve

Post#10 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:23 am

So we shouldn't heal other players in allied groups because they're literally stealing our kills? Having to compete with your own faction is wonderful.

I guess we also need to only join groups with fully equipped players too. But they wouldn't want that due to this mechanic.

Or we could make a scenario group entirely out of ranged damage, to steal THEIR kills while the other groups struggle to survive. Are these changes really pushing people in the right direction?