Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer ID+Rampage+CD reduction over performing

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
lyncher12

Re: Slayer ID+Rampage+CD reduction over performing

Post#51 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:57 pm

from what i've witnessed or read peoples issue with mara was it is unkillable. you do -40 damage but still have that benefit i guess

Ads
Kungfumantis

Post#52 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:02 pm

If there was no counter to that, then we would have issue, just like zealot Winds of Insanity being uninterruptible.

Winds isn't uninterruptible anymore.
Iskrul 80x Zealot

Kaarnyx 68 DoK

too many other alts worth mentioning!

Grock

Post#53 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:05 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:54 am mmmm and where is the line between strong and overperfonming?? Marauders was strong or was overperforming?? taking the same reasoning, since order have ways to counter maras aoe (easiest one is to stop clumping together and playing as 1 ball) i assume that maras were strong but not overperforming....
There's a big difference between a regular aoe attack that you can throw in any direction you want, and a single-targeted dispellable status effect that deals dmg around that target and can be easily carried away from your allies, avoiding its aoe potential.

When you spread vs regular aoe they'll just direct it towards the biggest group they can see.

When you spread vs ID you literally take my damage and carry it away to a place convenient for you.

If its not cleansed by a million groupcleanses in the first place :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Grock

Post#54 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:15 pm

This thread is quite ridiculous, i must say.

You claim that this strategy is overperforming, but don't bring any evidence or examples of that.

There's no basis for discussion here.

p.s.
Comparing ID to a completely different ability of a "mirror" class just doesn't make much sense, they are different and perform different functions. And ironically enough that other ability is in fact overperforming in certain ways, which has been discussed for years :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Zadorck

Post#55 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:43 pm

What I've learned from this thread:

-Players who reply by contradicting this post only have order classes in description
-From the moment that a buff makes attacks unstoppable or blockable during 20 sec for 30 sec CD (So every 10 sec), it obviously becomes insane, even op on big skills like ID.

But hey, you can 'counter' ID wich is an ailment between 100 others in city fight so why complain?

I would rather having Rampage, instead of an aoe pull wich ticks only every 2 sec and gives a 30 sec immunity to the enemy.

Signed, a player that played both side for more than 10 years.
Last edited by Zadorck on Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Boursk

Post#56 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:49 pm

Zadorck wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:43 pm What I've l'armée from this thread:

-Players who reply by contradicting this post only have order classes in description
-From the moment that a buff makes attacks unstoppable or blockable for 20 sec for 30 sec Cd (so every 10 sec), it obviously becomes insane, even op on big skills like ID.

But hey, you can 'counter' so why complain?

I would rather having Rampage which is an ailment between 100 others in city fight, instead of an aoe pull wich ticks only every 2 sec and gives a 30 sec immunity to the enemy.

Signed, a player that played both side for more than 10 years.
+1
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

nuadarstark

Post#57 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:53 pm

I mean, you can also glance the exact same thing in any thread about choppa pull or mara AoE interrupts - Destro saying it's hardly ever used (lol), that it's bad (lol) and that only noobs do it (while you see top destro guilds running full on choppa balls or 3-4 mara setups to CC pressure Order). It's the same freaking discussion, same whining, just from the other side.

I'm not even going to go to the fact that immunity applying is still very messy due to the lag on server side, same as procs happening several times at certain points, etc. I've seen multiple people flying left and right constantly with cities with 4 choppas running around, flayling their arms.

Reality is that the both setups (Destro having the CC and interrupt pressure, Order having the damage pressure) are both kinda working to accomplish what they're supposed to - not have people clumping in one big deathball, not running straight one into another and not bombing without impunity.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#58 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:03 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:05 pm
Spoiler:
emiliorv wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:54 am mmmm and where is the line between strong and overperfonming?? Marauders was strong or was overperforming?? taking the same reasoning, since order have ways to counter maras aoe (easiest one is to stop clumping together and playing as 1 ball) i assume that maras were strong but not overperforming....
There's a big difference between a regular aoe attack that you can throw in any direction you want, and a single-targeted dispellable status effect that deals dmg around that target and can be easily carried away from your allies, avoiding its aoe potential.

When you spread vs regular aoe they'll just direct it towards the biggest group they can see.
When you spread vs ID you literally take my damage and carry it away to a place convenient for you.

If its not cleansed by a million groupcleanses in the first place :lol:
Op is not talking about 1 slayer using ID on cd...hes talking about stacks of slayers using ID on demand (without cd helped by CD decreaser) => is not the same situation..

Ads
Xergon

Post#59 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:08 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:54 am
Xergon wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:10 am
Being strong and overperforming are too different things, its not overperforming, its strong, there are ways for destro to counter it, easiest one is to stop clumping together and playing as 1 ball, thats the feedback.
mmmm and where is the line between strong and overperfonming?? Marauders was strong or was overperforming?? taking the same reasoning, since order have ways to counter maras aoe (easiest one is to stop clumping together and playing as 1 ball) i assume that maras were strong but not overperforming....
When there is no true counter to it, aka Winds of Insanity on Zealot OR pure 1 button Moral Drop win OR it does damage out of scales in comparison to anything else.
Last edited by Xergon on Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#60 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:25 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:08 pm
Spoiler:
emiliorv wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:54 am
Xergon wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:10 am
Being strong and overperforming are too different things, its not overperforming, its strong, there are ways for destro to counter it, easiest one is to stop clumping together and playing as 1 ball, thats the feedback.
mmmm and where is the line between strong and overperfonming?? Marauders was strong or was overperforming?? taking the same reasoning, since order have ways to counter maras aoe (easiest one is to stop clumping together and playing as 1 ball) i assume that maras were strong but not overperforming....
When there is no true counter to it, aka Winds of Insanity on Zealot OR pure 1 button Moral Drop win OR it does damage out of scales in comparison to anything else.

WOI => nerfed
Moral drop => nerfed
damage out of scales in comparison to anything else => you mean (for example) the ST insane burst of WL?...sure i agree with you since anything else have same burst damage. This means wl are overperfonming?