Recent Topics

Ads

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
kinghfb

Post#1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:52 pm

this is a suggestion from a guildie, actually, and it seems they havent posted it, so i will do it on their behalf.

at the moment we currently have statues for top RR earners of the week. nice idea. i dont think anyone really pays attention to them.

if possible, i propose a slightly more fun alternative to rewards top RR earners - Keep Avatars.
a Keep Avatar replaces the Keep Lord at all keeps from T2-T4 (but not Fortresses). it would be a "copy" of one of the top players for that week.
imagine pushing Zimmeron's Hold, and instead of Lady Zimmeron, it is actually Avatar of Gerwulf, in full gear (by appearance only). your warband battles to take down this Avatar of Chaos, chosen by the chaos gods this week.

to keep flavour, i would also suggest that a player's race is respected across the tiers - so Orcs/Dwarves at Dwarf/Orc keeps, etc.

this suggestion would be purely cosmetic - there is no functional difference to how keep lords operate, just how they look.

thoughts? feasibility?
Order
Thungni - Rune Priest - RR83
Thyrus Gormann - Bright Wizard - RR79

Destruction
Kharynn Managerbane - Zealot - RR7X
Butstikka - Black Orc - RR6X
Bill - Marauder - RR3X

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Avatars as Keep Lords

Post#2 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:26 pm

So I heard this suggestion on Fixxer's stream and thought it could be a pretty fun addition. In terms of limitations, you may have noticed that the Statues in IC and Altdorf respectively aren't actual copies of characters, but stock classes. I believe this is due to being unable to pull appearances from the DB.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

kinghfb

Re: Avatars as Keep Lords

Post#3 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:28 pm

yes we were in discord with fixxer during the stream and he relayed it from the guildie to his stream to get feedback! i dont know what chat thought about it, but i quite liked the idea. i think even a stock appearance could be interesting. highlights achievers to the other realm as well, given they dont have access to the statues.
Order
Thungni - Rune Priest - RR83
Thyrus Gormann - Bright Wizard - RR79

Destruction
Kharynn Managerbane - Zealot - RR7X
Butstikka - Black Orc - RR6X
Bill - Marauder - RR3X