[Suggestion] Zealot/RP Heal Ritual Procs

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ramlaen

Re: [Suggestion] Zealot/RP Heal Ritual Procs

Post#21 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:27 am

Schweedy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:03 am
Gurf wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:50 am
Schweedy wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:29 am Some of you baffle me. If the Zealot wishes to sacrifice tactic slots and be less effective in single target to just "potentially" nab a close range Morale 4 ability that exposes him to severe risk....
Its barely any sacrifice to get, as the basic setup is always the same for RP and Zealot, AP tactic, Heal boost then usually shield
I have no idea if you are being serious or trolling.

That's a lot of damn risk and a lot to sacrifice for marginal gains (no stagger/no chaotic force) especially versus a semi-competent group. You have no Stagger and your single target healing sucks due to investing in group heals tree with no Chaotic Force tactic. This is the same ridiculous discussion that Concussive Runes/Sweeping Disgorgement Debuff was inciting (40 ft debuff by the way) in the early days. 30ft range is an EASY kill on a Runepriest/Zealot just for a 10 second debuff that your group may or may not capitalize on.

This has never been an issue. Ever.

The Scourge in the RvR lakes. The Windblock Zealot/Skewering Runepriest. Lol :lol:
It's a city thing, Runepriest would love having the options a self morale pump gives by the way.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Ads
Schweedy

Post#22 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:31 am

Ramlaen wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:27 am It's a city thing, Runepriest would love having the options a self morale pump gives by the way.
Regardless, you are still gimping your single target just for a niche city build. This build only works on thoughtless pug warbands.
Organized groups would know to adapt to the tactic and demolish you, or even see you getting brave and react accordingly if they feel like it (and if paying attention). An AM pumping your morale up won't save you either.
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60

Rida

Post#23 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:01 am

Schweedy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:31 am Regardless, you are still gimping your single target just for a niche city build. This build only works on thoughtless pug warbands.
I don't know if this guy is trolling or what, help me
Ridaleth aka Rida aka Whuky Boi
twitch.tv/ridaleth

storm

Post#24 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:24 am

It would be another nerf to healers. As damage keeps getting buffed, I really don't think nerfing them will help.

Schweedy

Post#25 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:19 pm

Rida wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:01 am
Schweedy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:31 am Regardless, you are still gimping your single target just for a niche city build. This build only works on thoughtless pug warbands.
I gave you a solid argument with "reasonings" behind it, not just blanket statements for the sake of eliciting an emotional response.
Been playing my Runepriest (Renown 66) and Zealot (Renown 77) since 2016, and have tried everything in the book, I think I would know something about what works and doesn't.
What is niche and isn't. What is best applicable for 6man or Zergling tactics. This game ain't hard to figure out if you played nearly every class to T4.

On a side note: Zealots and RPs have solid tactics (about 6 good ones; give or take dps/healing roles), everything else is a poorly though-out carryover from LIVE. Just check the builder.
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60

Rida

Post#26 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:29 pm

Yeh Buddy* - 40/76 [DROW]
*Best Zealot In Server
I have no more questions. Leave it as it is, m4 windblock totally useless in city fights.
Ridaleth aka Rida aka Whuky Boi
twitch.tv/ridaleth

Opeteh

Post#27 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:17 pm

I strongly support that petition and dread for the day they change healing ritual no longer be count as direct and not proc tactics. That is massive boost for underperforming Zealots.
Opeteh (87 zealot) / Ovvi (80 Witch Elf)

lyncher12

Post#28 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:19 pm

Schweedy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:19 pm
I gave you a solid argument with "reasonings" behind it, not just blanket statements for the sake of eliciting an emotional response.
Been playing my Runepriest (Renown 66) and Zealot (Renown 77) since 2016, and have tried everything in the book, I think I would know something about what works and doesn't.
What is niche and isn't. What is best applicable for 6man or Zergling tactics. This game ain't hard to figure out if you played nearly every class to T4.

On a side note: Zealots and RPs have solid tactics (about 6 good ones; give or take dps/healing roles), everything else is a poorly though-out carryover from LIVE. Just check the builder.
so explain to me why you would ever be flash healing enough to need a 15% crit tactic over morale pump when you should only be using it while repositioning in a city

Ads
Ramlaen

Post#29 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:54 pm

Schweedy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:19 pm

Forgive me for scoffing at your 'superior' experience behind the wheel but why are your RP and Zealot such low rank despite being ~4 years old? Both should be 80+ by now.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

notre

Post#30 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:22 am

Remove the shared cooldown between the 3 rituals (only one ritual at time, casting one removes the other) so we can "change our minds" if we need, so we don't need to wait an eternity to cast another ritual.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy