Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Zealot/RP Heal Ritual Procs

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Gurf

Re: [Suggestion] Zealot/RP Heal Ritual Procs

Post#11 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:51 pm

If the heal rune stopped procing direct heal bonuses then for RP you would probably have to use the AP rune, which would then make the IB's new role as ap bot redundant.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#12 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:28 pm

Yes, currently the only useful synergy we have with RP/Zealot is healing rune on ground + direct heal procs. Only viable healing build atm, dont dare touching them.

Since no other matery tree got real synergy with tactic + skill, let us our procs. Already struggling with group healing without (in comparison with WP/DoK as OP said)... And Runies don't have good channeled spell like 13pt Zealot.

IMO it's the left and middle trees that need to be reworked to use more synergies, middle one is useless, left one is only taken for AP skill and the 13 pt stagger. That's all.

Opethian

Post#13 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:06 am

I wholeheartedly agree with the proposal.

Rida

Post#14 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:16 am

Just disable the proc By Tzeentch's Will on ritual. Getting m4 windblock in 1min is retarded
Ridaleth aka Rida aka Whuky Boi
twitch.tv/ridaleth

Schweedy

Post#15 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:29 am

Some of you baffle me. If the Zealot wishes to sacrifice tactic slots and be less effective in single target to just "potentially" nab a close range Morale 4 ability that exposes him to severe risk, that is perfectly normal.

The game should reward creative and synergistic use of abilities/tactics with risks and benefits. This is a step in the right direction and I am glad Runepriests/Zealots have one more creative build to use in the lakes.

Though personally, I love my bubble and stagger too much to get middle AP tactic for a niche build. It doesn't fit with the roaming 6 man's or scenario groups that I run with. Risk/Benefits on a class with like 5-6 actually useful tactics. We need more synergy.
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60

Gurf

Post#16 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:50 am

Schweedy wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:29 am Some of you baffle me. If the Zealot wishes to sacrifice tactic slots and be less effective in single target to just "potentially" nab a close range Morale 4 ability that exposes him to severe risk, that is perfectly normal.

The game should reward creative and synergistic use of abilities/tactics with risks and benefits. This is a step in the right direction and I am glad Runepriests/Zealots have one more creative build to use in the lakes.

Though personally, I love my bubble and stagger too much to get middle AP tactic for a niche build. It doesn't fit with the roaming 6 man's or scenario groups that I run with. Risk/Benefits on a class with like 5-6 actually useful tactics. We need more synergy.
It means Zealot has relatively quick access to Windblock morale - aoe heal debuff and 1800 damage , and seeing as aoe heal defuffs were meant to be nerfed on RP and Zealot it looks like in reality they were only nerfed on one side as Zealot can still do it during morale bomb, while RP has to stick with basic M2.

Its barely any sacrifice to get, as the basic setup is always the same for RP and Zealot, AP tactic, Heal boost then usually shield, which leaves one free slot. If the morale tactic was high up the middle tree yeah it would make sense as they would actually have to sacrifice something to get it other than Discipline or something equally as lame.

Omegus

Post#17 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:23 pm

At last, the panic over this potential fix is finally starting to set in.

_
Rida wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:16 am Just disable the proc By Tzeentch's Will on ritual. Getting m4 windblock in 1min is retarded
Killing Zealots is hard amirite? The most abusable thing at the moment is how trivial it is for healers to keep each in combat between fights.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

lyncher12

Post#18 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:56 pm

don't see why it proccing tactics would get nerfed with absorb being glass-arrowed and all

Ads
Satarial

Post#19 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:36 pm

Even if some aspects of this interaction are toned down or removed, any change (intended or otherwise) that takes something completely useless and opens up more options to a class that has historically had only one way of spending talent points is very welcomed.
Shadowhealx - Zealot
Shadowhealxxx - Rune Priest

OOP Heals Extraordinaire | Badlands OG - RR100 Zealot/Runepriest

Schweedy

Post#20 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:03 am

Gurf wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:50 am
Schweedy wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:29 am Some of you baffle me. If the Zealot wishes to sacrifice tactic slots and be less effective in single target to just "potentially" nab a close range Morale 4 ability that exposes him to severe risk....
Its barely any sacrifice to get, as the basic setup is always the same for RP and Zealot, AP tactic, Heal boost then usually shield
I have no idea if you are being serious or trolling.

That's a lot of damn risk and a lot to sacrifice for marginal gains (no stagger/no chaotic force) especially versus a semi-competent group. You have no Stagger and your single target healing sucks due to investing in group heals tree with no Chaotic Force tactic. This is the same ridiculous discussion that Concussive Runes/Sweeping Disgorgement Debuff was inciting (40 ft debuff by the way) in the early days. 30ft range is an EASY kill on a Runepriest/Zealot just for a 10 second debuff that your group may or may not capitalize on.

This has never been an issue. Ever.

The Scourge in the RvR lakes. The Windblock Zealot/Skewering Runepriest. Lol :lol:
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60