Recent Topics

Ads

Week end Event, please stop premade !

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
agemennon675

Re: Week end Event, please stop premade !

Post#41 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:11 am

Akilinus wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:29 am
agemennon675 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:18 am
Akilinus wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:02 am Why not a make a group yourself then and force the others groups to leave since they dont want to fight other groups?
That is already what happens, If one party farms other for 10 scenarios the other group will not que, people will rage quit, or take a break
So whats the problem then? You made a group and you won against the other
Its not my post, I dont see a problem, there is already a .pug scenario. I just simply stated the mind set that majority of premades/players(including me) have in weekend scenario farm, we play to win. But one might argue that weekend warfront event not being a .pug scenario bleeds casuals and can be improved.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#42 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:15 am

Its a group game after all and therefore group play should be encouraged. The weekend event sc is a way to do this. Especially on weekends its fairly easy to get a group.
But this says it all, basically:
Silodin wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:15 am If there is such a large demand for solo scenarios then why do i have to wait 2 hours for a single ranked solo pop?
For everyone with at least vanquisher set (or deliberately don´t use it), their concerns about scenarios, premades, yada yada are not worth reading after all, because they are obviously too stupid to find the solution for their expressed concerns, which is stated in the quote above.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Akalukz

Post#43 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Rapzel wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:56 am
Akalukz wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:31 am Basically quit queuing is the best option. If enough solo players stop feeding premade egos in scenarios then the devs will be forced to address it... like the did with the 1 pug scenario. In actuality should probably have 50% group only and 50% solo scenarios. Force people to fight on equal footing.
No, this is what the nefarious, evil, pug stompers want you to do! When they can't find us poor glass cannon melee engineers they'll invade the ORvR lakes and start hunting us there as well! And the rewards in ORvR is much larger so it'll just feed their egos even more! Do you want them to be get 200% renown from killing you and invader/royals every zone lock? Or do you want to only give them 100% renown and a maximum of a useless oppressor emblem? You know what the right choice is. #DontEnterORvR2FeedTheTryHards
This made me actually laugh. Some truth!
-= Agony =-

Vandoles

Post#44 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:53 pm

Spoiler:
saupreusse wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:28 am
Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:33 am
Manatikik wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:04 am

Typically if I broadcast on /5 I get PM’s from reputable people quickly. And to fight most ‘premades is it takes one healer, one tank, and two dps to get them to stop queueing after smashing them a few times. The secret to being successful with /5 is really simple even if it takes a little more effort: always use discord (it’s 2020 there’s no excuse to ever not be able to use it), keep a friends list of people who are passable, and commit to winning in practical way (as in understand your comp and win conditions). It takes about a total of 5 minutes ‘extra’ to be successful.

Also as someone who has a BiS WH and SW I’d say I’m pretty well versed in what does and doesn’t work for the class and most of it is way overblown by bad players who just don’t know what their role is or how to best achieve it.
If YOU broadcast on /5. You use discord, keep friends lists and have multiple BiS characters. You think you're a good source of information on how a casual player would do?
Last time i checked channel 5 was available for casual players aswell.
Last time I checked casuals were people who don't have multiple BiS characters and use discord at any time to maximize their efficiency.

Manatikik

Post#45 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:55 pm

Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:53 pm
Spoiler:
saupreusse wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:28 am
Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:33 am

If YOU broadcast on /5. You use discord, keep friends lists and have multiple BiS characters. You think you're a good source of information on how a casual player would do?
Last time i checked channel 5 was available for casual players aswell.
Last time I checked casuals were people who don't have multiple BiS characters and use discord at any time to maximize their efficiency.

If you can't bring yourself to use discord AND complain about not doing good enough you are not a casual you are simply willfully bad and want to knock other people down to your level. Casual does not mean bad, disadvantaged, nor incapable of using tools to do better it just means you don't play as much as other people (and thats entirely opinion based).
<Montague><Capulet>

Vandoles

Post#46 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:41 pm

Using discord is kind of against the definition of casual EXCEPT for people who actually want to chat to others. Personally I like gaming in quiet, with game sounds on or music. Not in an awkardly silent discord room with randoms. That's one definition of casual, people who play for fun and don't try as hard. Another is not having as much time. I'm not saying you're wrong, just specifying. And I don't want others brought down to my level - this sort of stuff was solved by every multiplayer game in existence by matchmaking. Because there's another aspect you're forgetting - if I play at my level, I also make it boring for others who want the other level.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#47 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:14 pm

Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:41 pm Using discord is kind of against the definition of casual EXCEPT for people who actually want to chat to others. Personally I like gaming in quiet, with game sounds on or music. Not in an awkardly silent discord room with randoms. That's one definition of casual, people who play for fun and don't try as hard. Another is not having as much time. I'm not saying you're wrong, just specifying. And I don't want others brought down to my level - this sort of stuff was solved by every multiplayer game in existence by matchmaking. Because there's another aspect you're forgetting - if I play at my level, I also make it boring for others who want the other level.
If you're not trying hard, then be content with losing more frequently. That doesn't seem like an unexpected outcome.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Zaxxond

Post#48 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:28 pm

Don't listen to all these noobs in thread that have been Zaxxed. The 3 keys to dominate are:

1. Don't use discord
2. Don't group up
3. Avoid guard or tanks that use guard

With these 3 simple steps, you will pork more chicks, lay down insanely high DPS numbers and be accused of using NB.

I can teach you the secrets if you buy in, but you need to sign up 3 members under your downline and you will get your money back after your 3 downline members sign up 3 each.

Also Drow sucks.

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#49 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:44 pm

Zaxxond wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:28 pm Don't listen to all these noobs in thread that have been Zaxxed. The 3 keys to dominate are:

1. Don't use discord
2. Don't group up

With these 3 simple steps, you will pork more chicks, lay down insanely high DPS numbers and be accused of using NB.

I can teach you the secrets if you buy in, but you need to sign up 3 members under your downline and you will get your money back after your 3 downline members sign up 3 each.

Also Drow sucks.

Sorry, but I'm not buying in unless Zaxxed gets a 1950's jingle like the MyPillow guy has...

And even then you're gonna have to buy a bunch of these Amway cleaning products from me...

:P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Zaxxond

Post#50 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:53 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:44 pm
Zaxxond wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:28 pm Don't listen to all these noobs in thread that have been Zaxxed. The 3 keys to dominate are:

1. Don't use discord
2. Don't group up

Also Drow sucks.

Sorry, but I'm not buying in unless Zaxxed gets a 1950's jingle like the MyPillow guy has...

And even then you're gonna have to buy a bunch of these Amway cleaning products from me...

:P

The My Pillow guy is going hard on Fox News commercials in between the Tuck and Hannity. The My Pillow Egyptian Cotton Sheets are proven to increase your positioning positionimg in RoR after a good night sleep.