Recent Topics

Ads

Week end Event, please stop premade !

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Vandoles

Re: Week end Event, please stop premade !

Post#11 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:13 pm

baurogg wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:57 pm If you are solo, simply stay out of SCs. Or join, stay back and go afk after you got overrun if you need the tokens for progress and there is no other way to get them. If you need event wins and you are solo then go and waste your time otherwise. This game never understood how to be attractive for non-tryhards, thats why it is a private server now.
Actually Mythic eventually did understand, it was just way too late and once you stop the trickle of new players (which is automatically the case if its geared for tryhards, who are exclusively current or former players) it's just eventually death.

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#12 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:28 pm

baurogg wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:57 pm If you are solo, simply stay out of SCs. Or join, stay back and go afk after you got overrun if you need the tokens for progress and there is no other way to get them. If you need event wins and you are solo then go and waste your time otherwise. This game never understood how to be attractive for non-tryhards, thats why it is a private server now.

Telling him to go AFK in a scenario is incredibly bad advice. If a GM catches you doing this you're in for a bit of a timeout, if not having your account permanently banned if you have committed other offenses to get you on the GM's radar.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Martok

Post#13 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:00 pm

baurogg wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:57 pmOr join, stay back and go afk after you got overrun...

You are kidding with this, right?
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

baurogg
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:03 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:28 pm Telling him to go AFK in a scenario is incredibly bad advice. If a GM catches you doing this you're in for a bit of a timeout, if not having your account permanently banned if you have committed other offenses to get you on the GM's radar.
Guess telling the truth or practical advice in the context of criticism is punished more and more often, even in real life. I have to life with it and take that risk.

wachlarz

Post#15 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:11 pm

Wow in SC U can be banned for afk but in rvr its fine :P More ppl will play Sc !! Great motivation system :D

XsorrowerX

Post#16 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:28 pm

Just do what I do. Stop queing. Try a different time. Though in my honest opinion, I think the event should be excluded. Anyone who argues against it, just wants to pug stomp plain and simple, which I find boring as hell on either the winning or losing end.

Manatikik

Post#17 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:50 pm

Vandoles wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:05 pm This issue is mostly with the specific scenarios. A premade can turn the game into a boring slog.

There's certain scenarios where it will be more fun.

I second the idea to have scenarios like Mourkain Temple/Isha as pug if weekend event, because otherwise it just becomes a boring chore, even if you form a premade from /5 it's likely you just get rolled and have to sit there and get bored. The idea of "lol just learn the game" is toxic as hell, because there's people who have been playing this for 8 years. Requiring casuals who want to have fun, even if they're willing to form a premade, to spend 8 years learning and gearing to get on the same level will result in the obvious no new players = death of the server eventually.
You can beat most "premades" in weekend event with /5. You just gotta build a decent composition and put in a little effort to win. You don't need to learn "8 years" the game in theory is relatively straightforward, it just requires people to TRY and not just passively win ****. The reason so many people complain about "try hards" is cause they just want to play a single player game but be able to feel like they are better than other people, this game is very casual friendly it just isn't stupid friendly.

XsorrowerX wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:28 pm Just do what I do. Stop queing. Try a different time. Though in my honest opinion, I think the event should be excluded. Anyone who argues against it, just wants to pug stomp plain and simple, which I find boring as hell on either the winning or losing end.

OR just maybe they make groups because they want to play the MULTIPLAYER video game with their friends, but no its probably some nefarious plot to grow their e-peen vs Conq unguarded DPS/healers.
<Montague><Capulet>

baurogg
Suspended

Post#18 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:14 am

Manatikik wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:50 pm /5. You just gotta build a decent composition and put in a little effort to win.
In this game this means: Make a melee train with enough healer and overrun all the stupid (as you say) player.

Solution would be making ranked solo to the standard. People can play with their friends in oRVR too.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#19 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:25 am

baurogg wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:14 am
Manatikik wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:50 pm /5. You just gotta build a decent composition and put in a little effort to win.
In this game this means: Make a melee train with enough healer and overrun all the stupid (as you say) player.

Solution would be making ranked solo to the standard. People can play with their friends in oRVR too.

Actual ranged premades are the pug stomp groups because they revolve and one shorting unsuspecting unguarded targets and can’t actually fight a competent group.

Some people prefer SCs and playing with friends. I know it’s shocking that some people may like to play the game differently than you but I’m sure if you give it some thought you’ll open your mind to it eventually.
<Montague><Capulet>

Akalukz

Post#20 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:31 am

XsorrowerX wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:28 pm Just do what I do. Stop queing. Try a different time. Though in my honest opinion, I think the event should be excluded. Anyone who argues against it, just wants to pug stomp plain and simple, which I find boring as hell on either the winning or losing end.
Basically quit queuing is the best option. If enough solo players stop feeding premade egos in scenarios then the devs will be forced to address it... like the did with the 1 pug scenario. In actuality should probably have 50% group only and 50% solo scenarios. Force people to fight on equal footing.
-= Agony =-