Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Chop Fasta!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
M0rw47h

[Suggestion] Chop Fasta!

Post#1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 am

I'd say it's time to:
  • Mirror "Chop Fasta!" on both Witch Hunter and Witch Elf;
  • Replace "Chop Fasta!" with new ability, could be somekind of buff consuming rage like Rampage does for +% damage, or simply just Rampage mirror.
Why?
  • Choppa isn't supposed to be utility mDPS to begin with, but top dps mDPS;
  • More utility for both WH/WE, should make them more desirable for warbands, it also should help with more flexibility in building more balanced warbands or groups on both sides.

Ads
nuadarstark

Re: [Suggestion] Chop Fasta!

Post#2 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:24 am

I like the proposal, Chop Fasta was always a bit weird as an ability on choppa and this could add some sweet utility to WEs and WHs.

That said I don't think exchanging it for a Rampage mirror is reasonable at all, I think that's a bit absurd considering there is another "elephant in the room" that would need to be there for slayers too if we're going that route...
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Gurf

Post#3 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:03 pm

This is the counter to Shattered Limbs on Slayer, so Slayer increases cooldowns, Choppa reduces them both by 5 seconds cancelling each other out.

The real issue here is that unlike on Live on ROR the MSH was given Shattered Limbs, and which Order character was given Chop Fasta as a balance?

Perhaps one was given an equivilent to Chop Fasta I am not aware of, but I don't see it on SW or any other character I am familiar with, so it looks like SW or WH should get it without WE to give more realm balance

nuadarstark

Post#4 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:34 pm

Gurf wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:03 pm The real issue here is that unlike on Live on ROR the MSH was given Shattered Limbs, and which Order character was given Chop Fasta as a balance?
Oh **** there isn't any Chop Faster effect on any of the order mdpses? I kinda assumed there was one, given that mSH got Shattered Limbs equivalent. If not that is pretty bullshit.

If there is then that's fine - I exclusively focus on healers and tanks so I know next to nothing about the dps skill distribution/mirroring aside from the obvious usual suspects.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Gurf

Post#5 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:11 pm

Destro also were given Big Brawlin tactic on Black Ork is a aoe build time increaser
Last edited by Gurf on Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

M0rw47h

Post#6 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:18 pm

Order has group coldown descreaser in form of Whispering Wind (10s every 20s), which is mirrored to Black Orc Waaaaagh.

Gurf

Post#7 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:29 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:18 pm Order has group coldown descreaser in form of Whispering Wind (10s every 20s), which is mirrored to Black Orc Waaaaagh.
Ok I guess that brings an element of balance, fair enough, the BO Waaaaagh is a auto attack increase

Arbich
Suspended

Post#8 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Gurf wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:11 pm Destro also were given Big Brawlin tactic on Black Ork which is another aoe cooldown increaser

So effectively Destro have 2 aoe cooldown increases and one decreaser on their front lines, Order have one increaser and no decreaser. And you wonder why Destro can play the melee ball and wreck in Cities so easily.
Destro has 2 cooldown decreaser.

While I would prefer to remove cooldown decreaser from BO and pounce from mSH to solve some issues, the good thing about giving chop fasta mirror to WE/WH would be that Quickstealth (sanctified oil) could become a core ability. It's such a fitting class defining ability that you should not be forced to spec for.

I don't think that choppa need a really good replacement (rampage-level) for chop fasta. The class and the chop fasta skill tree is strong enough even without it.

So I am against the proposal, cause retract some balance changes from the past would be the better option, it has its flair for a meaningful buff for WE/WH
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#9 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:31 pm

Gurf wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:29 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:18 pm Order has group coldown descreaser in form of Whispering Wind (10s every 20s), which is mirrored to Black Orc Waaaaagh.
(...), the BO Waaaaagh is a auto attack increase

Foofmonger

Post#10 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:39 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 am Image

I'd say it's time to:
  • Mirror "Chop Fasta!" on both Witch Hunter and Witch Elf;
  • Replace "Chop Fasta!" with new ability, could be somekind of buff consuming rage like Rampage does for +% damage, or simply just Rampage mirror.
Why?
  • Choppa isn't supposed to be utility mDPS to begin with, but top dps mDPS;
  • More utility for both WH/WE, should make them more desirable for warbands, it also should help with more flexibility in building more balanced warbands or groups on both sides.
I like this a lot, it's simple, it's effective and, it's balanced. It gives a purpose to WH/WE in wbs, it balances the Choppa better to be a mirror to the slayer, and it fixes on of the issues in overall balance (destro having 2 group CD reducers compared to orders 1).

I think Rampage mirror is the easiest way. Then the major difference between Choppa/Slayer is GTTC vs ID, which has it's pros and cons as it should be.

Love it, great job.