Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Chop Fasta!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
sighy

Re: [Suggestion] Chop Fasta!

Post#21 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:55 am

Hmm this is a lot to digest.

Giving Choppa a conceptually broken ability, which effectively removes multiple defensive statss from the game isn't really a good idea i'd say.(neither was giving it to the Slayer /shrug)

As far as giving the CD reducer to the WE i'd say it's a well intended change, which could work to a degree like the broad severing did before it was fixed regardless of the state being intended it woked to a point, however it doesn't really address their big fundamental problems really, where their percieved identity conflicts with the overall game direction.

Ads
madrocks
Suspended

Post#22 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:09 am

Stop this choppa hate. Just because you get pulled when you run away like chicken from a fox.

Imagine Choppa gets nerfed and Destro starts playing Magus bombing and rift.
Wanna see how much you going to cry and elaborate nonsense balance topics.
Lutz

M0rw47h

Post#23 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:13 am

madrocks wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:09 am Stop this choppa hate. Just because you get pulled when you run away like chicken from a fox.

Imagine Choppa gets nerfed and Destro starts playing Magus bombing and rift.
Wanna see how much you going to cry and elaborate nonsense balance topics.
I don't see any Choppa hate here.
This thread is about "Chop Fasta!" not "Git to da Choppa", and moving this utility to WH/WE, while compensating it with MORE damage.

carlos

Post#24 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:14 am

Foofmonger wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:39 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 am Image

I'd say it's time to:
  • Mirror "Chop Fasta!" on both Witch Hunter and Witch Elf;
  • Replace "Chop Fasta!" with new ability, could be somekind of buff consuming rage like Rampage does for +% damage, or simply just Rampage mirror.
Why?
  • Choppa isn't supposed to be utility mDPS to begin with, but top dps mDPS;
  • More utility for both WH/WE, should make them more desirable for warbands, it also should help with more flexibility in building more balanced warbands or groups on both sides.
I like this a lot, it's simple, it's effective and, it's balanced. It gives a purpose to WH/WE in wbs, it balances the Choppa better to be a mirror to the slayer, and it fixes on of the issues in overall balance (destro having 2 group CD reducers compared to orders 1).

I think Rampage mirror is the easiest way. Then the major difference between Choppa/Slayer is GTTC vs ID, which has it's pros and cons as it should be.

Love it, great job.
+1
Starfkr

Gurf

Post#25 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:27 pm

Yeah, might as well Give Choppa stealth also, also increase it to heavy armour

Orgruk

Post#26 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:46 pm

Gurf wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:27 pm Yeah, might as well Give Choppa stealth also, also increase it to heavy armour
That sounds fair to me :D
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

oaliaen

Post#27 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:32 pm

As a main Choppa for 4 years straight and playing Chosen now..thumbs up for the idea.

gurtuk
Former Staff

Post#28 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:23 am

Destro has been getting a steady flow of nerfs lately, classes are constantly being tweaked. I read through all of this and it's not a horrible idea but I also don't think it'll ever happen. Slayers have their advantages and choppas have their own. Also trust me it's not like this hasn't been discussed before.
gorbane - choppa

Ads
ravezaar

Post#29 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:22 am

Why should Choppa get a Slayer kill and Slayer not get one in return ? Wasnt shatter limbs enough ? we didnt get any back from giving that to SH.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

sighy

Post#30 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:25 pm

ravezaar wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:22 am Why should Choppa get a Slayer kill and Slayer not get one in return ? Wasnt shatter limbs enough ? we didnt get any back from giving that to SH.
Because this thread is about elevating two bottom tier dps classes, with a major utility skill from choppas so they are gonna need something major, in return. (Assuming it happens)