Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa's Pull

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
baurogg
Suspended

Re: Choppa's Pull

Post#121 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:45 pm

TreefAM wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:59 pm The problem is that order lacks tanks, or well lacks tanks wanting to organize and play with others[...]
So there are 2 options to make a balance.

Making tanks on order side op times 10 and therefore most attractive

OR

you make meta on Order side of what they have and buff up all the Engineers, SWs and WL until they dont need tanks anymore to survive and counter death balls with other synergies.

Ads
Mordd

Post#122 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:20 pm

TreefAM wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:59 pm
baurogg wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:57 pm There are like ten times more Choppas than Slayer in oRVR. Pure logic and knowledge of people leads to the conclusion that Choppa is op and therefore fotm.
Playing choppa or slayer is a nightmare since it's one of those classes that are **** at solo and need proper babysitting to work properly, both classes have some meme solo builds but that's not really important. The problem is that order lacks tanks, or well lacks tanks wanting to organize and play with others, so you will have slayers running around with no guards or heals and just melting at the first engagement vs the destro melee ball, while bws/engis/rsw can stay at the back and get some dmg in and kite.
A choppa will never outdmg a slayer, gtdc is not even the main source of dmg for a choppa, but destro melee balls are easy pug stompers, vs a good order warband with tanks that guard and healers that heal, a slayerball will always melt a choppa ball and if the choppas spam gtdc right at the start of the engagement that leaves the whole order ball with free immunities and denies both st punts from tanks and aoe punts from healers when they're in danger.
Pugs will be pugs I guess.
I keep hearing about how bad GTTC is and how it just gives immunities all the while destro fights to keep it tooth and nail. if it was bad choppas would be good with changing it to something useful. The lie shows through in how much you fight to keep it as is.

If GTTC was useless and rampage is such the problem then lobby for an over all change. Make Rampage like chop fasta and change GTTC to something actually useful. The slayers i have heard from would be happy to trade rampage for chop fasta and since GTTC is so bad and useless ask to change it, if you all arent full of it.

mubbl

Post#123 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:02 pm

Spoiler:
Mordd wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:20 pm
baurogg wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:57 pm There are like ten times more Choppas than Slayer in oRVR. Pure logic and knowledge of people leads to the conclusion that Choppa is op and therefore fotm.
Playing choppa or slayer is a nightmare since it's one of those classes that are **** at solo and need proper babysitting to work properly, both classes have some meme solo builds but that's not really important. The problem is that order lacks tanks, or well lacks tanks wanting to organize and play with others, so you will have slayers running around with no guards or heals and just melting at the first engagement vs the destro melee ball, while bws/engis/rsw can stay at the back and get some dmg in and kite.
A choppa will never outdmg a slayer, gtdc is not even the main source of dmg for a choppa, but destro melee balls are easy pug stompers, vs a good order warband with tanks that guard and healers that heal, a slayerball will always melt a choppa ball and if the choppas spam gtdc right at the start of the engagement that leaves the whole order ball with free immunities and denies both st punts from tanks and aoe punts from healers when they're in danger.
I keep hearing about how bad GTTC is and how it just gives immunities all the while destro fights to keep it tooth and nail. if it was bad choppas would be good with changing it to something useful. The lie shows through in how much you fight to keep it as is.

If GTTC was useless and rampage is such the problem then lobby for an over all change. Make Rampage like chop fasta and change GTTC to something actually useful. The slayers i have heard from would be happy to trade rampage for chop fasta and since GTTC is so bad and useless ask to change it, if you all arent full of it.
Cause its the quality of life it gives you. You can order your food, and if you dont like it you can ask for anotherone till someone denys you.
It looks quite funny using it.
Its a meme.
The problem is, what you gonna do with rampage alone as choppa?
You dont have any meaning full debuff profitable of it like slayer.
And you also miss the additional aoe dot, does id still proc stuff btw??
Order has also the way better setup for pure dmg.
So i would just prefer setting around getting my food deliverd, salt included.
Enjoying the brum brum chop ya all fasta style. While all order cries about 550 dps and a bugged pull mechanic on server, i ll dream about the order dps setup.

Edit: my personal view

TreefAM

Post#124 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:15 pm

I imagine a lot of choppas would gladly give chop fasta and GTDC for rampage and ID, GTDC is not even their main dmg ability and the only way it will kinda work against any competent order is if all the choppas in the warband use it when the main choppa calls it and only on the backline.
You zerglings really fail to see how much FREE IMMUNITY is important, do you run into a destro blob and aoe punt them the moment you see them? Not only does it mess up tanks not being able to punt away guards or use champions challenge on important targets, it also messes up your own healers since they can't aoe punt when they get focused by the melee blob.
Join a proper warband once and you'll see how superior slayers are, though I admit playing a choppa is much more fun with all their nonsense, poping rampage, hitting ID and then just spamming is pretty zzz )

teiloh

Post#125 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:18 pm

mubbl wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:02 pm
Spoiler:

Cause its the quality of life it gives you. You can order your food, and if you dont like it you can ask for anotherone till someone denys you.
Its a meme.
Enjoying the brum brum chop ya all fasta style. While all order cries about 550 dps and a bugged pull mechanic on server, i ll dream about the order dps setup.

I've played both. Destro DPS is superior.

teiloh

Post#126 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:19 pm

TreefAM wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:15 pm I imagine a lot of choppas would gladly give chop fasta and GTDC for rampage and ID, GTDC is not even their main dmg ability and the only way it will kinda work against any competent order is if all the choppas in the warband use it when the main choppa calls it and only on the backline.
You zerglings really fail to see how much FREE IMMUNITY is important, do you run into a destro blob and aoe punt them the moment you see them? Not only does it mess up tanks not being able to punt away guards or use champions challenge on important targets, it also messes up your own healers since they can't aoe punt when they get focused by the melee blob.
Join a proper warband once and you'll see how superior slayers are, though I admit playing a choppa is much more fun with all their nonsense, poping rampage, hitting ID and then just spamming is pretty zzz )
What are you going to do in the 6-10 seconds it takes to build up to rampage?

TreefAM

Post#127 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:31 pm

Idk, pop gc, even the odds, onslaught, maybe flurry if I'm still not yellow, if I am, rampage, ID, then wait for the main slayer to call retribution. If you're confident in your tanks/healers can even use power through so you don't go back to green.

Foofmonger

Post#128 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:36 pm

I love these threads, there's so many of them.

GTTC/Chop Fasta//ID/Rampage

All good stuff that tends to be heavily over or underrated depending on what kind of bias you have. Watching the arguments is some fascinating sociological perspectives though.

Ads
Rapzel

Post#129 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:43 pm

teiloh wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:18 pm I've played both. Destro DPS is superior.
Yea ofc, and their tanks is better and heals are also better. #DestroBias

teiloh wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:19 pm
Spoiler:
TreefAM wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:15 pm I imagine a lot of choppas would gladly give chop fasta and GTDC for rampage and ID, GTDC is not even their main dmg ability and the only way it will kinda work against any competent order is if all the choppas in the warband use it when the main choppa calls it and only on the backline.
What are you going to do in the 6-10 seconds it takes to build up to rampage?
Same as we've done before? GTDC is still not some amazing one shot ability.

Mordd

Post#130 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:42 am

mubbl wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:02 pm
Spoiler:

Its a meme.

So you know GTTC is better and want to keep it how it is. Destro brings up rampage simply to deflect the argument.