Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa's Pull

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mordd

Re: Choppa's Pull

Post#131 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:14 am

TreefAM wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:15 pm I imagine a lot of choppas would gladly give chop fasta and GTDC for rampage and ID, GTDC is not even their main dmg ability and the only way it will kinda work against any competent order is if all the choppas in the warband use it when the main choppa calls it and only on the backline.
You zerglings really fail to see how much FREE IMMUNITY is important, do you run into a destro blob and aoe punt them the moment you see them? Not only does it mess up tanks not being able to punt away guards or use champions challenge on important targets, it also messes up your own healers since they can't aoe punt when they get focused by the melee blob.
Join a proper warband once and you'll see how superior slayers are, though I admit playing a choppa is much more fun with all their nonsense, poping rampage, hitting ID and then just spamming is pretty zzz )
Blah Blah Blah make up more crap. I only play in alliance WB, organized smallman or solo and am in one of the best alliances.
Just because I point out an OP ability doesnt mean we dont win normally.

The thing is in normal random WB play GTTC is very OP. Even tanks that get pulled in dont normally make it out of the blob. They are knocked down and dead. it is undefendable and pulls on the first tick.

Ads
mubbl

Post#132 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:01 am

Spoiler:
Mordd wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:42 am
mubbl wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:02 pm
Spoiler:
Mordd wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:20 pm

I keep hearing about how bad GTTC is and how it just gives immunities all the while destro fights to keep it tooth and nail. if it was bad choppas would be good with changing it to something useful. The lie shows through in how much you fight to keep it as is.

If GTTC was useless and rampage is such the problem then lobby for an over all change. Make Rampage like chop fasta and change GTTC to something actually useful. The slayers i have heard from would be happy to trade rampage for chop fasta and since GTTC is so bad and useless ask to change it, if you all arent full of it.
Cause its the quality of life it gives you. You can order your food, and if you dont like it you can ask for anotherone till someone denys you.
It looks quite funny using it.
Its a meme.
The problem is, what you gonna do with rampage alone as choppa?
You dont have any meaning full debuff profitable of it like slayer.
And you also miss the additional aoe dot, does id still proc stuff btw??
Order has also the way better setup for pure dmg.
So i would just prefer setting around getting my food deliverd, salt included.
Enjoying the brum brum chop ya all fasta style. While all order cries about 550 dps and a bugged pull mechanic on server, i ll dream about the order dps setup.

Edit: my personal view
So you know GTTC is better and want to keep it how it is. Destro brings up rampage simply to deflect the argument.
Yee GtDC its FITs better to choppa. You miss id and some crit set up for choppa.
Tbh for balanced dps gtdc should let you use other skills while its running and should only be able to be shatterd in melee.

Also, if pull would be op, i didnt see any engies got abused for like 10 months or so they could have had enough striketrought to ignore htl. This indicates its not the pull thats op.
Either is the dmg.
So why again is gtdc overall better then rampage?
Any arguements except it is insta pull on 40 feet, im pretty sure you can get in guard range if you are close, dropping challenge and taunt while droping op order heal.

kirraha

Post#133 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:20 am

Vandoles wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:58 pm
kirraha wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:41 am Oh look anothr choppa pull thread.

Its best skill in the game for free immunites. Why are you complaining?

I never had it ignore immunites. It turns you around in midair but I see no issue with it. More annoyed with when engi get superlong pull on me but thsts just how the game is.

Will you guys ever stop this complain? Im sure that when you get the skill nerfed beyond useless you gonna attack next thing that buggers you.
Honestly I think its due to the fact its kinda glitchy and thus annoying. Pulls through walls, negating whirling pin on SW. It really doesn't help that War goes absolutely bananas when you're in the air with invisible walls etc.
Being "pulled through walls" has been has been shouted about since serverstart.

Magi, engi and wl also get this accusation by ppl. It is usually server delay that is the reason. You think you broke line of sigh but the delay trolls the **** out of you. Ive been pulled by magus AFTER I got inside keep door or postern. But it is a delay. It is normal. I rly dont see any difference on gtdc compared to other pulls. Only that it will twist you around to disorient you which I think is kinda fun. ;)

I dont mind the pulls ripping ppl in the air. Stop be in range or love them for free immunity cause thats what the skills does. :D

Vandoles

Post#134 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:33 pm

kirraha wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:20 am
Vandoles wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:58 pm
kirraha wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:41 am Oh look anothr choppa pull thread.

Its best skill in the game for free immunites. Why are you complaining?

I never had it ignore immunites. It turns you around in midair but I see no issue with it. More annoyed with when engi get superlong pull on me but thsts just how the game is.

Will you guys ever stop this complain? Im sure that when you get the skill nerfed beyond useless you gonna attack next thing that buggers you.
Honestly I think its due to the fact its kinda glitchy and thus annoying. Pulls through walls, negating whirling pin on SW. It really doesn't help that War goes absolutely bananas when you're in the air with invisible walls etc.
Being "pulled through walls" has been has been shouted about since serverstart.

Magi, engi and wl also get this accusation by ppl. It is usually server delay that is the reason. You think you broke line of sigh but the delay trolls the **** out of you. Ive been pulled by magus AFTER I got inside keep door or postern. But it is a delay. It is normal. I rly dont see any difference on gtdc compared to other pulls. Only that it will twist you around to disorient you which I think is kinda fun. ;)

I dont mind the pulls ripping ppl in the air. Stop be in range or love them for free immunity cause thats what the skills does. :D
In a city, if you're waiting for the destro meleeball to finish the instance, a choppa will always walk headfirst into the portal and start channeling it. It will pull you through if you're close enough. So I'm not sure delay is the problem. But as I said, I agree with you, I also find it fun from the choppa standpoint. But due to how glitchy being in the air is in this game, it can be thoroguhly annoying to the guy being pulled. I never liked magus/engi/wl/mara pull either, it also glitches you the **** out. Ever tried whirling pin/pounce after a pull? It's just the case that nowadays gtdc is more common and more frequently used.

nebelwerfer

Post#135 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:35 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:54 am The solution to Op's problem is obvious. Tanks need aoe detaunt!!

Serious reply:
Spoiler:
destro rdps is absolutely no joke so HTL is indeed very important, but yea - one or two BW's aoe punting should stop multiple choppas doing their rush strat.

Even the "suboptimal" engineer class can do so many counters like cast a flashbang aoe interrupt, aoe knockback with strafing run, dropping a landmine causing them to be staggered, magnet pulling them off your blob perhaps onto your napalm / turret and then blow it up!

SM / IB both have aoe knockback with the last one having an aoe snare attatched, knight has aoe stagger.. mans.

There's probably more that i can't think of right now but anyway.. The answer to your problem is imo ingame, not on forums :|
So i answer OP's woes here, and now ill take the time for you "rampage belongs on destro" crowd to explain why it does not because frankly it's annoying to see this come up so often.

1. Destro classes have better defences; Blork with its insane block values and reflect dmg on blocks, squig with its 990 armor buff and +15% to parry dodge and disrupt on tactic, marauder with its ignoring of armor penetration and easily stackable defensive sstats, BG and chosen with their insane parry etc.

2. Destro has easy counters to any enchantment buff, way better than order in this respect.
Blork can reduce his own cd's and spam shatter every gcd if he wants to.
Mara can use convulsive slashing with shatter enchantment procc by tactic which hits 6 times over 3 seconds, 8 sec cd so if you get a blork or chop to reduce your cd's you can spam it, guaranteed to remove rampage within the duration of a choppa pull.

3 using CC smart ( disarm, shatter enchantment, no longer fear death because rampage oP!11 ) or in worst case Super punt him away until his rampage fades, it will not go back to 20 seconds duration this fight because meta is no ragedrop for slayers.

marafado
Suspended

Post#136 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:59 pm

what we need is an 33% aoe dmg nerf on choppas and 15% more on maras, and an increase of 66% of def stats on range order toons :)

i like to see the day an wb full of ranged classes win the city, thats what classes balance is about no!? in wow every class can do everything right :)

teiloh

Post#137 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:56 pm

Rapzel wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Same as we've done before? GTDC is still not some amazing one shot ability.
Since the pull is so bad and free immunity, I guess we can agree to remove it from the game.

teiloh

Post#138 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:59 pm

TreefAM wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:15 pm You zerglings really fail to see how much FREE IMMUNITY is important
Yes, it's free immunity. So we can agree to remove the pull from the ability.

Ads
mekal

Post#139 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:07 am

As a destro main I totally agree please remove gtdc pull

marafado
Suspended

Post#140 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:18 am

heheh nasty orders, but the question is do we still have destro vs order or we just an melting pot of shemales loking for sov gear !? :)

devs should do a step in front, and show some signs :)