Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa's Pull

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
kirraha

Re: Choppa's Pull

Post#111 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:41 am

Oh look anothr choppa pull thread.

Its best skill in the game for free immunites. Why are you complaining?

I never had it ignore immunites. It turns you around in midair but I see no issue with it. More annoyed with when engi get superlong pull on me but thsts just how the game is.

Will you guys ever stop this complain? Im sure that when you get the skill nerfed beyond useless you gonna attack next thing that buggers you.

Ads
StrongUn

Post#112 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:53 am

Grimstuck wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:07 pm just compare it with rampage if u really honest you will confess GTDC is garbage vs Rampage

everyone complain about GTDC

OK DELET THIS SPELL ... and give us Rampage

you will complain for a real thing after that

yeah +1

GTDC is SuperHiperMega OP and Rampage is fine, so everyone happy :lol:

ChicagoJoe

Post#113 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:26 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:15 pm
Grimstuck wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:14 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:07 pm The only stupid people here are the ones getting warnings for openly insulting each other. Take it to a private discord where I don't have to see it.

We're all very passionate and have valuable opinions. Be (reasonably) nice. Or else.

what about people who insta lock Suggestion without respond ?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40279
We call those people privileged overlords.
That was the funniest post I have seen in a while
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Akalukz

Post#114 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:51 pm

i will try to video it Pretty sure it's been confirmed by Dev's tho.
-= Agony =-

Rapzel

Post#115 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:42 pm

Akalukz wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:51 pm i will try to video it Pretty sure it's been confirmed by Dev's tho.
gurtuk wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:08 pm GTTC isn't bugged it's actually tested a lot to see if it ignores immunities, 100 times out of 100 it doesn't. It's also a horrible ability that destro players scorn you for using in most instances.
is it though? 8-)

baurogg
Suspended

Post#116 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:57 pm

There are like ten times more Choppas than Slayer in oRVR. Pure logic and knowledge of people leads to the conclusion that Choppa is op and therefore fotm.
Last edited by baurogg on Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vandoles

Post#117 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:58 pm

kirraha wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:41 am Oh look anothr choppa pull thread.

Its best skill in the game for free immunites. Why are you complaining?

I never had it ignore immunites. It turns you around in midair but I see no issue with it. More annoyed with when engi get superlong pull on me but thsts just how the game is.

Will you guys ever stop this complain? Im sure that when you get the skill nerfed beyond useless you gonna attack next thing that buggers you.
Honestly I think its due to the fact its kinda glitchy and thus annoying. Pulls through walls, negating whirling pin on SW. It really doesn't help that War goes absolutely bananas when you're in the air with invisible walls etc.

normanis

Post#118 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:35 pm

Rapzel wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:35 pm
Gurf wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:02 pm Nobody has actually explained why Choppas are more brittle, nobody has actually given me any evidence of abilities or tactics which explain that except by lazily saying "M1" , just seems to be a belief without any foundation in reality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3INngc5O-Cg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7XaeTFIl1g

Do I need to make my own video? or provide my own screen shots of my lowbie Slayer killing the majority of destro careers?
what really is boosted for slayer and choppa is retribution ( previous version was weak compared to new)
old war gtdc was self root pull in, than its got buffed to speed and +65 range now its still speed and 25 range
rampage is to counter high bg/blorc block ratings and parry and high parry for chosen. i dont play 6vs6 byt in zerg sm dont use wall of darting steel and order blockratings/parry is lower than destro counterparts.
if rampage will be removed than also need fix for high avoidence for destro side
p.s yes plz do kill some reall destro names like nicelook or some dps chosens or 2hbg or ardmantje. that chosen not even hited u in that video
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
normanis

Post#119 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:38 pm

i never seen on old war choppas used so many gtdc, only here when its get boosted
i can mistake byt choppa was good 2h (old war)
and slayer with dualwield ( old war)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

TreefAM

Post#120 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:59 pm

baurogg wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:57 pm There are like ten times more Choppas than Slayer in oRVR. Pure logic and knowledge of people leads to the conclusion that Choppa is op and therefore fotm.
Playing choppa or slayer is a nightmare since it's one of those classes that are **** at solo and need proper babysitting to work properly, both classes have some meme solo builds but that's not really important. The problem is that order lacks tanks, or well lacks tanks wanting to organize and play with others, so you will have slayers running around with no guards or heals and just melting at the first engagement vs the destro melee ball, while bws/engis/rsw can stay at the back and get some dmg in and kite.
A choppa will never outdmg a slayer, gtdc is not even the main source of dmg for a choppa, but destro melee balls are easy pug stompers, vs a good order warband with tanks that guard and healers that heal, a slayerball will always melt a choppa ball and if the choppas spam gtdc right at the start of the engagement that leaves the whole order ball with free immunities and denies both st punts from tanks and aoe punts from healers when they're in danger.
Pugs will be pugs I guess.