Recent Topics

Ads

Fixing Zealots lackluster Tactics

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ekundu01

Fixing Zealots lackluster Tactics

Post#1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:56 pm

Since classes seem to be getting a look over and being improved I figured it was time to bring up the tactics that have been all but useless for the zealot. Some have been busted/useless for years as some are still open on the bug trackers for over 4 years now.

Biggest offenders are the 7 point tactics in all the trees. And one core late game tactic.

First up Path of Alchemy 7 point tactic "Manipulation". This tactic has potential to be good but doesn't work well. This tactic has on direct heal a 25% chance to do 25% damage of the heal on your offensive target. It sounds good on paper but in actual testing the tactic it only works on recoverable health. You get 0 damage from overheals. If it did more damage or could proc on every heal or work on overhealing it would be a semi decent tactic to run. Right now it is just wasted space for a 7 point tactic.

Second Path of Witchcraft 7 point tactic "Tzneetch's Refreshment" it is a solid tactic and is just in the wrong tree. It really should be in the Alchemy tree just like Runepriest have the same tactic in the same tree in the same spot. The ap gain only works on direct heals and Witchcraft is really the wrong tree for direct healing.

Third Path of Dark Rites 7 point tactic "Swirling Vortex". Where do i start with this one. It says it increases range to 30 Feet on your Mark of vortex granted ability and increases dot duration from 9 secs to 15 secs. The mark already is set to 30 feet so the range increase is nothing and it adds 2 extra tics on a skill that is on a 1min cool down. I think on live it increased the range to 45 feet but even that still doesn't make it worth a tactic slot or wasting a point on it.

Last is the core tactic at level 39 "Waves of Chaos", Tool tip on career builder states Rituals will pulse 150 damage to all targets with in 30 feet of your ritual every 3 secs and will scale based on mastery level. Actual tool tip in game says 10 feet and is only the size of the circle of the ritual.

*Suggestions on how to fix these tactics.*

First move "Tzneetch's Refreshment" from 7 points in Witchcraft to the 7 Point alchemy tree tactic makes the most sense there.

Second Move "Manipulation" from 7 points in Alchemy to the 7 point Witchcraft tree tactic and change the tactic to give each tick of Warp Reality a 25% chance to drain 30 ap from the target and give half the AP drained to your defensive target.

Third "Swirling Vortex" 7 points in Dark Rites goes the way of the dodo and is replaced with a new Tactic. New Tactic called "Bathe In Agony", "Rite of Agony now heals your group for the damage done"

Last "Waves of Chaos" is a simple fix. Just make it the 30 foot range or 20-25 foot would even be better than the 10 feet it is now. Or if 10 foot can't be changed make it pulse every 1 second instead of every 3.
Trismack

Ads
Ramlaen

Re: Fixing Zealots lackluster Tactics

Post#2 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:04 pm

Agree with Refreshment but besides that would you actually use any of these tactics if these changes were made?
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Ekundu01

Post#3 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:00 pm

Ramlaen wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:04 pm Agree with Refreshment but besides that would you actually use any of these tactics if these changes were made?
In specific situations/style of game play yes i would use the changed tactics. As it stands right now 3 out of the 4 tactics i listed probably don't see any usage at all. In the case of the current version of swirling vortex you would be better off with ANY other tactic the zealot has. Some tactics have niche spots but no tactic should be completely just wasted space.
Trismack

Valarion

Post#4 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:33 pm

I'd say Zealot (and RP) tactics are "below average" overall but bearable. They could definitely use some buffing, but its unlikely any would be used as there are exactly 3-4 above average or mandatory tactics every zealot is forced to stack.

My solution is to allow the heal ritual to continue to proc tactics through heal on crit and direct heals. This is not only useful, but has proven to make the class overall more interesting to play.

Right now, this is on the Bugtracker as a bug, but I know there are a great deal many of us RPs/Zealots hoping that the heal rituals continue to proc tactics.

Edit: Updated for readability
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted