Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Diragi

Re: [FEEDBACK] - Twitch Drops event

Post#21 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:49 pm

Taz83 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:33 pm i would like to thank you guys for this great event and i hope to see more new events in the future
it was something new i personally loved it and i think its win win event for the players and the server population really good job for everyone worked on that event it was a new idea am glad to see new things in warhammer such as this event and the snot in the celebration event was also something great to see and i would love to see more of this new events with new adventure in the future
Thinking of another game (World of Tanks) it's surprisingly effective to keep a game fresh by spinning in and out limited time special events. And keep a game thriving despite major issues in balancing and end-game (yes, worse than RoR...) and a game that hasn't changed in basic premise in a decade. Obviously they have significantly bigger budgets though...

Ads
Hadann

Post#22 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:53 pm

I was happy to see RoR was able to take a step forward in adding twitch drops to the game as it could help grow the playerbase and motivate streamers to build a larger audience however I felt overall this weekend could have been much better.

Usually when twitch drops happen on games they provide cool unique skins and things of that nature. When twitch drops start providing player advantages over players who didn't have time to watch, or simply didn't want to watch one of those approved streamers then it becomes a failed event.

Some examples I saw were players in t1 who had a twitch mount were rolling around with 60% speed to those who didnt get a mount and only had 25% speed. Im sure some people will defend it in someway but at the end of the day it's a player advantage. They can get to Objectives in rvr much faster, objectives in scs must faster and simply put it's just not fair.

I've had a few people tell me the talisman market took a little bit of a drop as well. Twitch drops shouldnt effect an economy in the game at all. Again they need to be simple things such as skins. Dyes, etc etc. I also heard people were given 100g which again affects economy and screws people over who couldn't watch this weekend. Twitch drops should be things people want to just have and feel they got something unique. They shouldn't be given items that makes others who couldn't be a part of it feel like they actually missed out on stuff that could give an advantage.

My last point is the process in how the streamers were picked. I personally watch 3-4 small time streamers and I know 2 of them have been streaming RoR for a couple years now. All were denied the drops and one of the main reasons was "they were new to RoR". This is bullshit as we all saw doc was approved and he has been playing this game for only 3 weeks. I feel you gave certain streamers an advantage over others as people had no reason to join them cause they couldn't offer twitch drops. Only those who have been regular watchers stuck around for them. This was a great opportunity for the RoR team to help out all the streamers and in return have all the streamers get the game out to even more people. Hand picking favorites just doesn't seem right to me.

Hopefully you guys continue to do twitch drops and I hope you all do make the necessary changes to make it even better.

velenne

Post#23 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:55 pm

Absolutely fantastic idea and well-implemented, imo. Simple and effective.

If I had any suggestion it would be to look for some kind of tie-in with another Warhammer game's streamers/community.

If I had any concern, it would be that if this private server gets too popular, the lawyer's at EA will decide to shut the whole thing down.

Vandoles

Post#24 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:56 pm

From a casual player perspective - there was not enough information on the event to interest me. I felt it was a chore to learn/inform myself unless I was already interested in it. I fully understand the decision to spread information through the streamers (no need to repeat it), but I still think there should have been some sort of guide/starting point/hook available here or in-game that I can follow.

Perhaps a starting quest of sorts, some live event info in game, a list of "get started" on the website/forums here? War itself is a clunky game to explore, so...

Otherwise all other feedback seems to be about the same, I agree with it.

ravezaar

Post#25 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:12 pm

I like the Event hope to see if more. Not to far apart since we need the player boost. Reward seems fine and most of useful. Didnt do the quest really not for me specially when u required a streamer to help, more of a do it myself player.

Event slot item,Mount, Gold, Craft Mats aslways nice to see

Positive Event.

Cheer for Tosh the Slayer
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

interstellarowl

Post#26 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:23 pm

One drop for a weekend of good amount of watching.. this was pretty disappointing.

Slapshot

Post#27 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:36 pm

For context to what I meant by not enough info in the quests:

I don’t have the quest any longer but basically my recollection is that some of them just said to go talk to person xyz. I do not recall anything stating where that person was, or at least nothing I as a 60 day player could recognize.

Satius

Post#28 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:45 pm

It's the good idea!
But for me it was little bit embarrassing to ask the streamer to open a portal... 6 times. Cause I didn't make it in time or didn't understand what to do and which quest I need to have. They were very kind and always responsive. But I really don't want to disturb any person for me. And I didn't end quest yet. >_<
I met wonderful people. It was a big social immersion.
And few other minuses already was written by other users. It's about the economic and balance. I agree that it's wrong to give the advantages for users. Better if it was just something like cosmetics, dye and etc. Maybe it will be better to do just 1-2 rewards.
The mounts are great! Just take them a required level like 16 and the problem is solved.
Thank you anyway for your great teem job. In any case for first try it was good. And hope to see new interesting events like this but better in future.

Ads
Alcan
Suspended

Post#29 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:07 pm

Only problem with this was imho that a streamer had to do stuff so that ppl could progress on a quest and was hard to find one avavible

sadistic

Post#30 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:21 pm

I thought it went well. We were discussing it on stream this morning. Would have loved to see a permanent mount from it since it was "The First Drop". The writ quest was rather difficult as a lowbie. Luckily I was able to get some level 40 guildies to run me through the part where there were level 40 mobs. A lot of the items were more for higher ranked players. I know I got talisman packs that were for rank 34 I believe and the same with apoth stuff? Would be nice if there was a larger variety of choices for each level range.

I like how it promoted the game on Twitch also to bring in new players. Another person in chat mentioned how if the drops were done too often it could be bad for the community but I don't agree. Nothing from the drops seemed to be able to shatter the games economy. I'd love to see it happen every 2-3 weeks or so